• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Beer Snob Thread

The Dude

I thought we had a beer thread. Guess it died or didn't make the cut when things got transferred. 

If you're not a beer snob and want to come here and shit on what we like, because you can pound 18 Miller lights in a night.. Don't. I like those beers too, but

I'd like this thread to be about opinions on what others are drinking. Whether it be seasonally, have cellared, hard to find finds, and just generally anything to do with "craft" beer. 

• Phil changed the title to Beer Snob Thread
29 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

spacer.png

Any of you guys try this?  I love Yuengling, but never saw this when I lived in Jersey.  Must be new and they don't sell Yuengling out here.

Drinking a Sam Adam's Octoberfest at the moment. 

I had it last year. Was kinda tough to find here in PA too, but it should have been available in Jersey. 

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Summer season is normally my favorite because of goses and sours. That’s mostly what I’ve got right now with maybe a few stouts and porters. I’ve been a little lazy about clearing my stock so I need to get back to drinking soon.

I currently have about $1k worth of Tavour beer app purchases sitting in my basement for about 3 years now. Thankfully they are all stouts and things that SHOULD be cellared.

I definitely need to sort through that as I know I definitely purchased some sours and such. Not sure how they age. 

Ima hit one of those pumpkin beers pictured later on. They came highly recommended. 

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

spacer.png

Any of you guys try this?  I love Yuengling, but never saw this when I lived in Jersey.  Must be new and they don't sell Yuengling out here.

Drinking a Sam Adam's Octoberfest at the moment. 

Nope -- can't ever find it either.

At lunch today I had a Sloop No Pumpkin which is basically a fall-spiced IPA sans any pumpkin. Was a nice change for a fall beer. 

Went to an Oktoberfest event at Captain Lawrence. They did a Snyder-pretzel marzen that’s pretty tasty. Also had a maple brown ale that would go great with breakfast or dessert

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xander said:

At lunch today I had a Sloop No Pumpkin which is basically a fall-spiced IPA sans any pumpkin. Was a nice change for a fall beer. 

Went to an Oktoberfest event at Captain Lawrence. They did a Snyder-pretzel marzen that’s pretty tasty. Also had a maple brown ale that would go great with breakfast or dessert

Sloop and Capt Lawrence are great.  I love Sloop.  Juice Bomb is my summer go to.  Cheap, delicious, and can drink a lot without getting to banged up.  That and Montauk Wave Chaser.  But my favorite beer is Tree House Julius.  I have a nice Tree House stash in my fridge right now actually.

45 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Where the fuck did you get an Old Speckled Hen????????

Up here in Middletown NY. But I used to get them on the reg out on LI. Thrifty in Ronkonkoma should have them. The one on Hawkins that moved from the gas station should too. They now make a pale Ale that I bought but have yet to try. 

LI Beverage on Hawkins is my go to.  I have never seen it there.  I work right down Vets from Thrifty, I'll check if they do.  I had Old Speckled Hen one time in Germany when I was there for a NATO training exercise back in like 2011.  Every night each country would host a social gathering themed for their country.  The Brits were passing out those beers and it was delicious.  I have never seen it since, I didn't even know it was available here.

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

LI Beverage on Hawkins is my go to.  I have never seen it there.  I work right down Vets from Thrifty, I'll check if they do.  I had Old Speckled Hen one time in Germany when I was there for a NATO training exercise back in like 2011.  Every night each country would host a social gathering themed for their country.  The Brits were passing out those beers and it was delicious.  I have never seen it since, I didn't even know it was available here.

Go to the other one on Hawkins. I believe it's called Ronkonkoma beverage... Across/ diagonal from Flanagans. They used to be on the corner of Ocean and Portion in the gas station years back. Thats where I originally found them. Only buy them in cans. Cans have the Nitro cartridge in them ala Guinness/Bodidngtons/Murphys. The bottles just taste off and are kinda flat. 

Most people who have tried it love it and never forget it. Glad I brought it your attention that they are available. 

Edited by The Dude

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Go to the other one on Hawkins. Across/ diagonal from Flanagans. They used to be on the corner of Ocean and Portion in the gas station years back. Thats where I originally found them. Only buy them in cans. Cans have the Nitro cartridge in them ala Guinness/Bodidngtons/Murphys. The bottles just taste off and are kinda flat. 

Most people who have tried it love it and never forget it. Glad I brought it your attention that they are available. 

That's LI Beverage, the place I am talking about.  I go there all the time, never saw it.  Granted, I also never thought to look for it there.  Next time I am there I'll look.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, The Dude said:

Lots of fall options like Pumpkin beers and fruity stuff. Southern Tier have been pumping out some good stuff lately.  All of their Nitro stuff has been pretty solid as well as their "Milkshake  IPAs". 

Southern Tier is one of my favorite breweries. I wish to all holy hell they distributed better down here, because I miss Warlock. Not that I'd drink it on any but the coldest days in Florida ?

Coppertail has done a solid job replacing them as my "why don't more people love these guys?" brewery.  Night Swim is a killer porter - not too heavy and goes well with tailgate food

• Like 1