• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Beer Snob Thread

The Dude

On 10/10/2021 at 10:22 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

LI Beverage on Hawkins is my go to.  I have never seen it there.  I work right down Vets from Thrifty, I'll check if they do.  I had Old Speckled Hen one time in Germany when I was there for a NATO training exercise back in like 2011.  Every night each country would host a social gathering themed for their country.  The Brits were passing out those beers and it was delicious.  I have never seen it since, I didn't even know it was available here.

My soccer teammate from Dublin used to always get that and Belhaven for us after every game. Delicious.

11 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Southern Tier is pretty readily available up here.  They even sell combo packs at Costco.  I'd offer to ship you some stuff but I'm sure it would be shit by the time it got down to you.

Thanks man. Appreciate you!

I actually found out that there's a nearby place that may sell Warlock. I'll check it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'll let you know if my place has it.  You should check out PJ Beverage, they usually have a pretty great selection there too.

Yeah, it’s so close I might as well lol. Down port used to be Cest Cheese that always had a ton of good rare beers . Miss that place.

Anyone into sours or goses? I know @Drew a Penaltyis.

I've found that for whatever reason, I can't handle drinking IPAs anymore (I get migraines almost immediately.) Unfortunately, that is what most of these craft breweries spend their time and resources on making. But usually, they have one sour beer or gose. 

I think they're delicious, but I understand they're not for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Morphinity said:

I've found that for whatever reason, I can't handle drinking IPAs anymore (I get migraines almost immediately.) Unfortunately, that is what most of these craft breweries spend their time and resources on making. But usually, they have one sour beer or gose. 

Yea definitely not for me.  Tried a few, never liked one.

2 hours ago, Morphinity said:

You should head down my way. Every brewery has like 3 sours.

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'll let you know if my place has it.  You should check out PJ Beverage, they usually have a pretty great selection there too.

Thrifty in Ronkonkoma and Circle M out in Mattituck were my go to's in Suffolk. They generally had everything. Nassau has Total Wine and liquor in Westbury, which blows everything away. But if you're in the Port Jeff area, head up to Circle M on 25A. Really good dude there. They might even have Sam Adam's Utopia there (they did a few years ago). 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Thrifty in Ronkonkoma and Circle M out in Mattituck were my go to's in Suffolk. They generally had everything. Nassau has Total Wine and liquor in Westbury, which blows everything away. But if you're in the Port Jeff area, head up to Circle M on 25A. Really good dude there. They might even have Sam Adam's Utopia there (they did a few years ago). 

I'm in Ronkonkoma, not far from LI Beverage.  Work in Bohemia about 2 miles east of Thrifty, right by the airport.  I don't drink often enough to travel to Mattituck or Westbury to buy beer lol.  LIB, Thrifty, and Tag Beverage in Holbrook all  have plenty of selection to keep me satisfied.  However, if I am ever in those areas I will certainly give them a visit.

4 hours ago, Morphinity said:

Love them,  but they usually are low in ABV. Victory makes a few good sours. They also make a good sour IPA, if you want to try that. Otherwise,  Dogfish head just came out with one, Ballast point had one called sour wench, that was good.

I'll recommend Founders Mas Agave. They make a seltzer with the same name, but go for the beer. The prickly pear variant is their newest. I love it. Should be available at any beer/beverage place.spacer.png 

2 hours ago, Tonybologna said:

I see some Elysian pumpkins in here. I just picked up the Elysian Pumpkin Pack I can't wait to get into it, have heard great things about their pumpkin beers especially the Punkaccino.

Going to have a few tonight.  I hear good things about them. 

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm in Ronkonkoma, not far from LI Beverage.  Work in Bohemia about 2 miles east of Thrifty, right by the airport.  I don't drink often enough to travel to Mattituck or Westbury to buy beer lol.  LIB, Thrifty, and Tag Beverage in Holbrook all  have plenty of selection to keep me satisfied.  However, if I am ever in those areas I will certainly give them a visit.

My bad I knew that. That was meant for Keirik.  He's by PJ, NO?

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Love them,  but they usually are low in ABV. Victory makes a few good sours. They also make a good sour IPA, if you want to try that. Otherwise,  Dogfish head just came out with one, Ballast point had one called sour wench, that was good.

I'll recommend Founders Mas Agave. They make a seltzer with the same name, but go for the beer. The prickly pear variant is their newest. I love it. Should be available at any beer/beverage place.spacer.png 

If you're looking for a high ABV sour check out Victory Brewery's Sour Monkey. It's a pretty good sour and I think it's 9.5% ABV or something. Sneaky 

3 hours ago, Morphinity said:

If you're looking for a high ABV sour check out Victory Brewery's Sour Monkey. It's a pretty good sour and I think it's 9.5% ABV or something. Sneaky 

Yeah man! That's the one I mentioned when I mentioned Victory. That beer is super sour. 

On 10/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, The Dude said:

Lots of fall options like Pumpkin beers and fruity stuff. Southern Tier have been pumping out some good stuff lately.  All of their Nitro stuff has been pretty solid as well as their "Milkshake  IPAs". 

Love Southern Tier beer and loved there Harvest Ale and all their other IPA's.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:59 PM, The Dude said:

Jeez man, I thought you didn't drink much? Lmao. How was that Equilibrium beer? Their brewery is 45 minutes from me. 

I really don't.  I might have 1 a week,  more during the summer.  Another board I am on also has a beer thread so I just copied some pictures that I posted from there.