• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Beer Snob Thread

The Dude

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple good new ones this summer. Honestly, I don't drink much anymore, but this summer was a little different. I played a lot of golf. 

The fellows introduced me a nice brew, pretty mild, not a single bitter note, and fuck, I could drink 15 of them and still get up the next day. 

It goes by the moniker "Michelob Ultra" an import, they told me, from down your way. 

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

I had a couple good new ones this summer. Honestly, I don't drink much anymore, but this summer was a little different. I played a lot of golf. 

The fellows introduced me a nice brew, pretty mild, not a single bitter note, and fuck, I could drink 15 of them and still get up the next day. 

It goes by the moniker "Michelob Ultra" an import, they told me, from down your way. 

Now you're speaking my language, Dunny!!!

Was in AC this weekend for a bachelor party, ended up "recovering" with some time spent at a brewery called The Seed. Had some really interesting malt-forward beer. Buddy said their kolsch was clean and crisp. I had a coffee stout that wasn't too heavy/bready and had a nice flavor. Solid place, and big ups from me since I prefer malt-first and not hops-first beers.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

spacer.png

Dogfish Head, Utopias barrel aged World Wide Stout.

This is one of my favorites of all time. Such a unique taste with a hard alcohol burn to it. At 17.3 % ABV, they will knock you on your ass. The utopias must be the difference maker.  Though I've never had the Sam Adam's Utopias,  I'm now greatly intrigued due to the extra flavor this variation adds to its regular barrel aged brother. 

They're expensive,  but they are so worth it. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Cheers 2

Apparently I have to re-think my life.

I pulled a trusty Bud Light out in a parking lot, between games at my kids spring hockey tournament a couple weeks ago. The other dads instantly pounced. They didn't know I drank "tranny fluid".

I had no idea this was actually a thing, at least for more than a week.

Hard to know where to go from here. Micheloeb? Same problem. Busch? Same problem. Yeungling? Can't get it, here.

Miller Lite?

Coors?

Nope.

I guess it's the seltzer life for me, now.

Edited by Dunny
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I pulled a trusty Bud Light out in a parking lot, between games at my kids spring hockey tournament a couple weeks ago. The other dads instantly pounced. They didn't know I drank "tranny fluid".

Hard to know where to go from here. Micheloeb? Same problem. Busch? Same problem. Yeungling? Can't get it, here.

Miller Lite?

Coors?

Nope.

jager GIF by Jägermeister

Here you go, Dunny!  Come to my side of the boat!

23 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Miller Lite?

Coors?

Nope.

Those same guys would probably just drink another beer thats owned by Anheuser Busch anyway lol

You like Bud Light, drink the bud light. If Snowflakes wanna get upset over a can, let em.

I love a good craft beer and try to try new beers as often as i can but sometimes a cheap crispy one is all you need

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

spacer.pngspacer.png

I splurged this year. Got myself a bottle of Sam Adams Utopias. Beer aged 30 years to the point it becomes liquor. 

Cracked it open and it's fucking fantastic. Kind of like a Port. Has  raisin, toffee, plumb notes to it. I'm only breaking this stuff out for special occasions. IMO its well worth it.