• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

Krav for Turcotte.  Kings are loaded with center prospects and just signed Danault to a long term deal.

That COULD have been an idea.

But now that they first send him down (a clear sign to LAK FO that he's not really that good) and his "fuck you" to the org. He's not worth close to what Turcotte is atm.

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

That COULD have been an idea.

But now that they first send him down (a clear sign to LAK FO that he's not really that good) and his "fuck you" to the org. He's not worth close to what Turcotte is atm.

A clear sign to the Kings' he's not good?  Turcotte didn't make the Kings' roster so he must suck too.

Edited by Long live the King

22 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well wtf

So there goes his value aswell. Gonna end up trading him for a 4th round pick because it was too big of a risk to waive fucking Hajek.

He's a crybaby, but the org should've known that. Even if they didnt like him or found a spot for him on the roster you dont kill his value like this.

There always gotta be something with this team. Season starts tomorrow, thing was looking good and everyone was feeling good about the team. Now first the Captaincy debacle and now this. Great....

I know it's tempting, but let's not pretend that waiving Hajek or Tinordi instead changes that he wouldn't be playing.

He's got a 2 way deal, so there's a hit to the paycheck there - that plays a role - but he'd probably be scratched since he seems to have actually been beaten for the spot.

51 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He’s a fucking baby. I get the frustration but he has acted all along like a spot is pre-destined for him. I get that injuries aren’t his fault, but he did miss 95% of camp with one.

I know the Zibanejad trade all but eliminated the Eichel trade talk. I wonder where we look for a trade here. This might remove some of his trade value, but any Kravtsov trade would likely be a big deal for the Rangers, whether we flip him for another frustrated prospect (?) or as part of a big deal for a big time player.

Well, it would almost have to be a pick. Don't need a roster player unless it's an upgrade somewhere.

Didn't want to waive Hajek in hopes for a pick, but now you lose value with kravtsov.

I don't blame him for requesting a trade. I blame him for quitting on his team because he didn't get his way. Again. You know who we've heard nothing out of? Zac Jones. Also cut. Also should be in the NHL and isn't. My guess? He'll crush that league and get called back up again as soon as possible. That's called character.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don't blame him for requesting a trade. I blame him for quitting on his team because he didn't get his way. Again. You know who we've heard nothing out of? Zac Jones. Also cut. Also should be in the NHL and isn't. My guess? He'll crush that league and get called back up again as soon as possible. That's called character.

These are now two kind of "off the board" first round picks that have basically quit on this organization. I don't see how going down there and playing for a bit will hurt. You mentioned Jones, but do you know took a demotion in stride last year? Cythil did, and look at him now. He seems to be booming with a bit more confidence and closing out preseason in style. Krav has, what, four points in 20 NHL games and he feels the need to dictate? 

Edited by Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Krav for Turcotte.  Kings are loaded with center prospects and just signed Danault to a long term deal.

I would go a step farther and even do Kravtsov + plus 2022 1st rounder for Turcotte. The Rangers are essentially locked into 5 of the top 6 spots at forward and all of the spots at defense for the next 3-5 years, so that pick is essentially superflous. Using the season to figure out whether Strome, Chytil or Turcotte is your future #2 center is much better than the options in front of them.

If LA would entertain that, I would put the money on the barrel.

13 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

A clear sign to the Kings' he's not good?  Turcotte didn't make the Kings' roster so he must suck too.

He's also over a year younger and never played in the NHL before, not really the same.

Krav was on the team at the end of last season and basically lost his spot. And its not the first time he's being sent down. Two strikes on making the roster, not sure why Kings would give up a really talented center for this question mark.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

This is pretty much it.  The wings are pretty full.  His only opportunity to break into the top 6 is if Kreider sucks at RW.  Asking for a trade is reasonable.  Not reporting to Hartford is bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

These are now two kind of "off the board" first round picks that have basically quit on this organization. I don't see how going down there and playing for a bit will hurt. You mentioned Jones, but do you know took a demotion in stride last year? Cythil did, and look at him now. He seems to be booming with a bit more confidence and closing out preseason in style. Krav has, what, four points in 20 NHL games and he feels the need to dictate? 

We don't know. But we know we haven't heard a peep from him, which is what should be the case here, too. No matter how much you feel wronged, put your head down, accept the assignment, and prove them wrong. Best case, they still trade you and you make them look stupid succeeding on another NHL roster. Worst case, they call you back up and you're back where you feel you belong despite the rocky path.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I know it's tempting, but let's not pretend that waiving Hajek or Tinordi instead changes that he wouldn't be playing.

He's got a 2 way deal, so there's a hit to the paycheck there - that plays a role - but he'd probably be scratched since he seems to have actually been beaten for the spot.

Its just annoying.

Like, didnt they even talk to the guy? If they communicated and he made it clear he wouldn't go to the AHL they MAY have been able to work out a trade without the world knowing that he didnt make the team and that he is unhappy here. Its just bad asset management, again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Its just annoying.

Like, didnt they even talk to the guy? If they communicated and he made it clear he wouldn't go to the AHL they MAY have been able to work out a trade without the world knowing that he didnt make the team and that he is unhappy here. Its just bad asset management, again.

So agree. I mean didn't anyone in the front office think to raise their hand, and say "Hey remember last time we sent this kid down to the AHL, he freaked out and moved halfway around the world to go play in the AHL version of the KHL, and JD had to go over there and coax him into coming back. Think he will react badly if we don't communicate this properly?" when they were finalizing the opening night roster.

Just now, Phil said:

How to accept assignments:

How not to accept assignments:

Bingo. Also, as I mentioned, Filip Cythil last year. This is still such a damn shame to lose such a skilled player, though. I know the wings are full, but Gauthier over him? I just don't see it, as visible as he was during the preseason. Krav couldn't even play, it was out of his control. Outright refusing an assignment at this stage for his career, is a bad look. ?

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He's also over a year younger and never played in the NHL before, not really the same.

Krav was on the team at the end of last season and basically lost his spot. And its not the first time he's being sent down. Two strikes on making the roster, not sure why Kings would give up a really talented center for this question mark.

The Kings have Kopitar for 3 more seasons, just signed Danault for 6 years, and have Vilardi already in the NHL.  Then the also have Byfield, Lias, Akil Thomas, Tyler Madden, and Rasmus Kupari.  Doesn't have to be straight up.  Throw in a pick or Skinner/Tarmo.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Exactly.  Yet Kravstov has a history of not being happy with being in Hartford. They had to have seen it coming if my dumb ass did. 

He could have fit on a 3rd line. Imagine the favorable match ups he and Chytil would get? 

I get not risking losing Gauthier and Hajek (I'm in a minority there, I get it) to waivers, but Hunt and Tinordi? 

A lot of this off season was based on getting Kravstov in the lineup. Every effort and excuse was made to clear spots and add contracts to the roster BASED on letting this kid play here.

To not see this coming is poor managing. Unless Gallant doesn't like him or he has an attitude,  this is on Drury. How do you NOT know he would get annoyed again?