• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

15. Constant Krav-ing: Which brings us to Kravtsov. It can be, and is, true that the kid deserves some onus here. There is truth that he was told to go down and work on the conditioning that he lost with a preseason injury and to work his way back up to the NHL. All true. But if you saw Arthur Staple’s story in The Athletic the other day, well, there was a ton of truth in that, too. And in fact, very solid sources were blowing up my phone to say that the events of October 2019 were even uglier than they were described in that story. What a shame for and by all involved.

https://theathletic.com/2906387/2021/10/22/carpiniello-the-rangers-arent-all-the-way-there-but-the-vision-of-a-hard-team-is-starting-to-come-together/

22 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

15. Constant Krav-ing: Which brings us to Kravtsov. It can be, and is, true that the kid deserves some onus here. There is truth that he was told to go down and work on the conditioning that he lost with a preseason injury and to work his way back up to the NHL. All true. But if you saw Arthur Staple’s story in The Athletic the other day, well, there was a ton of truth in that, too. And in fact, very solid sources were blowing up my phone to say that the events of October 2019 were even uglier than they were described in that story. What a shame for and by all involved.

https://theathletic.com/2906387/2021/10/22/carpiniello-the-rangers-arent-all-the-way-there-but-the-vision-of-a-hard-team-is-starting-to-come-together/

#Bully

28 minutes ago, Capt said:

#comparing Drury to Bill Cosby, you should probably stop posting about this

Reading comprehension is important.  Never compared Drury to Bill Cosby.  I used Cosby's situation as an analogy to illustrate the point that just because someone appears to be something based on public persona, it doesn't mean they are.  Other truths can be lurking behind closed doors.  In what way did I say Drury and Cosby are similar or have anything in common?  Precisely none.

20 hours ago, Tonybologna said:

LMAOO, it's Action Bronson but thanks for reminding me I need a fresh avatar

LOL, that's not the first and surely not the last time someone does that with AB. Fun fact - dude collects polo or is around meyhem, who collects polo. Through the grape vine and collecting, I'm well aware of both of these guys. lol

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

You throw that word around lightly. I gather you were never truly bullied, because even these incidents don't meet the criteria for bullying. 

The threshold in NYS is "petty slights or trivial inconveniences"

22 minutes ago, josh said:

The threshold in NYS is "petty slights or trivial inconveniences"

Basically this. 

But bullying is something different and happens over a long time.

Like, there really have been incidents of bullying where kids are jerking off on one another and other hazing type shit.

Your GM yelling at you in practice, even if it's physical, is not bullying.  

It's just a triggering word being thrown around lightly to push a narrative. 

Edited by Pete

55 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Reading comprehension is important.  Never compared Drury to Bill Cosby.  I used Cosby's situation as an analogy to illustrate the point that just because someone appears to be something based on public persona, it doesn't mean they are.  Other truths can be lurking behind closed doors.  In what way did I say Drury and Cosby are similar or have anything in common?  Precisely none.

Nah, using Bill Cosby who drugged and raped women for 40 years as an analogy "anything can lurk behind closed doors" realted to a sports exec/player yelling at other players is way off base.

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

Basically this. 

But bullying is something different and happens over a long time.

Like, there really have been incidents of bullying where kids are jerking off on one another and other hazing type shit.

Your GM yelling at you in practice, even if it's physical, is not bullying.  

It's just a triggering word being thrown around lightly to push a narrative. 

I largely agree.

Some people would say because of the "power imbalance" the GM is "punching down" on Krav even though Krav had constant communication and dialog w the org and signed a contract of his own free will. Krav can still even outearn Drury if he performs for another team and gets million dollar contracts.

Let's not pretend he has no agency. He may only be 20, but he's an adult aided with experienced representation. He hasn't been targeted by the GM, that's what, 2 or 3 disagreements in 3 years he's been in the org? Even if there's more behind the scenes, it's like 80% on him to just do the job and play better or do what is asked.

Even if Drury didn't like him or want to work with him , if Krav performed well to spite him they'd both still be making money and winning games and Krav would give himself more leverage not just to future contract negotiations but to every other team in the league.

1 hour ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

You brought up Bill Cosby in a hockey thread about a player being yelled at by his GM.  Even still you see no reason to have any clear thought to say you know what yes I was being ridiculous.  Instead you defend your words and push a bullying narrative you have absolutely zero proof of.  It's this kind of keyboard warrior shit that is so toxic.  You are talking about a human being right now.  You are throwing around accusations at someone with zero proof.  Says a lot about you actually.

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Nah, using Bill Cosby who drugged and raped women for 40 years as an analogy "anything can lurk behind closed doors" realted to a sports exec/player yelling at other players is way off base.

I'm not comparing those two things.  If you're making that comparison then you are inferring it.  I'm not implying it. The drastic nature of what happened with Cosby simply illustrates the point in more powerful way.  Why use something weak to illustrate a point?  It won't resonate as much.  The fact that people are still talking about it days later means it has done its job.  

Yes it's hyperbole, that's the whole point.  It is useful and it hammers home the point.  Drury and Cosby's situations are not similar and I never said they were.  But it illustrates that a public figure may have a differing persona in the public eye from what they have in their private life.  What better way to illustrate that, then an extreme example?  

Edited by TwoMinutesForNothing

6 hours ago, Capt said:

You brought up Bill Cosby in a hockey thread about a player being yelled at by his GM.  Even still you see no reason to have any clear thought to say you know what yes I was being ridiculous.  Instead you defend your words and push a bullying narrative you have absolutely zero proof of.  It's this kind of keyboard warrior shit that is so toxic.  You are talking about a human being right now.  You are throwing around accusations at someone with zero proof.  Says a lot about you actually.

Again, you seem to have trouble reading.  You are jumping to points that aren't there.  I did not throw around an accusation.  I posed my thoughts as theory and speculation and never said anything in an absolute manner.  I believe even used the word "allegedly".  I'm perfectly free to suggest those things as this is a message board used for discussion and differing opinions.  I accept all opinions and will gladly debate them, yet you are the one saying I shouldn't say anything else here.  That's closed minded and condescending.  

You see the thing about people is that they tend to not want to hear other people's opinions, they really just want to hear their own opinions coming out of other people's mouths.  I don't know you, but that seems to fit you.  So thanks, but I don't need you to tell me what I should or shouldn't say or what discussions on here I should or should not partake in.  You don't agree with me, then fine debate me, but don't tell me what I should think. 

Saying negative things about Drury is not out of left field when you consider it is based on Lias and his father saying he was bullied by the organization in Hartford and there seemingly being more to what went on with Krav that is not yet public according to Staple.  There pretty clearly seems to be what may be proof that Drury bullied a player based on what was said about his phone "blowing up."  If those individuals didn't feel it was off base then I doubt they would have felt the need to "blow up" his phone and I doubt Staple would have called it a "shame."

And I don't feel bad about using Cosby as analogy.  I don't find it too harsh or think hyperbole should be thrown into question by mods when I've seen many instances of cancer or aids being used in numerous hockey analogies from the staff and creators, Phil especially, over the years.  

Edited by TwoMinutesForNothing

Drury is an asshole, I think you can pretty much draw that conclusion by just looking at him. 

That said, an asshole can still hold valid concerns,snd I doubt the concerns around Kravtsov are very far off base, it's unfortunate that he didn't want to put the work in, like others, but it's also shambolic to miss on two guys like Andersson and Kravtsov. 

Andersson, by all accounts, btw, was looking very, very good as the 3C in LA, before his injury. 

It's also very hard to say the organization has provided any kind of consistency to their young players. Kakko was allowed to take a regular shift for a full season, out of shape, and the worst player in the league. Lafreniere looks like Jared Lorenzon on skates. Both these players had no business in the league as rookies, yet, there they were. Their status never in doubt. 

I wouldn't go so far to say there's something rotten behind the MSG, Sam Rosen veneer, but I think it's fair to ask just what the fuck kind of culture is really bring bred across the organization? Is a dour, grumpy, seemingly stick-in-the-mud like Drury going to fix it? We'll see. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

So bullying only occurs over a long time. Sounds like something a bully would say.

You learn something new every day. This place is great. 

rich homie quan shrug GIF by Lil Dicky

Guess the folks at the National Centre Against Bullying are bullies...

https://www.ncab.org.au/bullying-advice/bullying-for-parents/definition-of-bullying/

Bullying is an ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm.

Ongoing...as in...not a one time thing.

Keep coming back, I'll teach you something new everyday.

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

Drury is an asshole, I think you can pretty much draw that conclusion by just looking at him. 

That said, an asshole can still hold valid concerns,snd I doubt the concerns around Kravtsov are very far off base, it's unfortunate that he didn't want to put the work in, like others, but it's also shambolic to miss on two guys like Andersson and Kravtsov. 

Andersson, by all accounts, btw, was looking very, very good as the 3C in LA, before his injury. 

It's also very hard to say the organization has provided any kind of consistency to their young players. Kakko was allowed to take a regular shift for a full season, out of shape, and the worst player in the league. Lafreniere looks like Jared Lorenzon on skates. Both these players had no business in the league as rookies, yet, there they were. Their status never in doubt. 

I wouldn't go so far to say there's something rotten behind the MSG, Sam Rosen veneer, but I think it's fair to ask just what the fuck kind of culture is really bring bred across the organization? Is a dour, grumpy, seemingly stick-in-the-mud like Drury going to fix it? We'll see. 

Nothing like judging people based on appearances amirite?!