• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Again, why are we assuming these conversations weren't had? I find it hard to believe he was just left in the dark and never communicated with. Especially given the fact he's done this twice now.

It could, but it would be really strange if they had the convo and things still ended like this. Don't you think?

No news about Rangers shopping him, no news or biggie when he got sent down. There was no sign of Rangers looking to trade him or him wanting to leave before BOOM.

They ofcourse could've had that conversation and managed to hold it secret really well. But not even his agent slipping up or anything. Doesnt sound likely to me, but you never know.

4 minutes ago, Xander said:

If it was a short term roster move, why would that not be communicated to Kravtsov? There's a giant hole in your message and that's that if Kravtsov knew he was coming back soon, he wouldn't have reacted this way. It's evident he didn't make the team, doesn't like that, and wants to move away. He burned a bridge in NY asking for a trade, and now we have to deal with the repercussions of that in terms of asset management. But letting a 21-year old kid be on the roster because if not, he'll throw a temper tantrum and demand a trade? That's even worse for the team in the long-run.

I don't see it as a hole at all; it's just about getting in front of a problem vs. playing catch-up to it. The difference is the return that they will get for him now that everyone knows that Kravtsov doesn't want to play for the Rangers.

Just now, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

I don't see it as a hole at all; it's just about getting in front of a problem vs. playing catch-up to it. The difference is the return that they will get for him now that everyone knows that Kravtsov doesn't want to play for the Rangers.

You literally just said you believe it's a short-term roster move though...

Just now, Xander said:

You literally just said you believe it's a short-term roster move though...

I wasn't arguing whether it was a short term assignment or more long term. I was saying that it doesn't matter which one that it was; it looks like there was a serious communication gap between the Rangers and Kravtsov's camp. That communication gap will now have an impact on his trade value.

5 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

On it's own, I would give management the benefit of the doubt. Considering this is exactly how the Lias Andersson debacle went down; not so sure. I guess theer is only really a half dozen or so people who really know how this happened.

Probably, yes, but:

4 minutes ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

The team comes first.  Period.  End of story.  

That should be the loud and clear message to EVERYONE in the organization.  

Those who can't work within that structure, GTFO

Exactly this.

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

It could, but it would be really strange if they had the convo and things still ended like this. Don't you think?

No news about Rangers shopping him, no news or biggie when he got sent down. There was no sign of Rangers looking to trade him or him wanting to leave before BOOM.

They ofcourse could've had that conversation and managed to hold it secret really well. But not even his agent slipping up or anything. Doesnt sound likely to me, but you never know.

Right, which leads me to the conclusion that this MAY be all about the attitude and expectations coming from the Krav side of things.  If him, and his agent are being totally unreasonable and are demanding the Rangers put him on their top line or maybe top 2 lines, what would you have the Rangers do?

This very well could all be about teaching Krav and his agent a cold harsh lesson and helping them to adjust their attitude moving forward.  Or they do find a team willing to give the Rangers a boatload in a trade.  Either way, it works out in the long run for the Rangers, right?

4 minutes ago, Xander said:

You realize we have five out of eight Rangers first-round picks from 2017 through 2020 on the roster , right?

Yeah, we'll see in a few years.

At the moment Lundkvist is being scratched for Tinardi (Yes I know, just one game...), Miller is trending the wrong way, our 2nd and 1st OA picks has not lived up to the hype and potential. Chytil is still a question mark.

Honestly the drafting hasn't been the problem, its the development thats fucked up. Just look at fucking Lias Andersson. LA Kings fans are really happy with him and think he can be a really good mid/bottom 6 player. Not what you want from a #7OA pick, but when he was here he didnt even look good enough to be a 7th rounder.

6 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Ever consider that the Rangers have absolutely no intention of Trading him?  At least not unless they get X? 

If they get X, they will gladly trade him - Rangers win.

Otherwise, Krav and his agent are left in a position where no one else in the league values him as highly as they do...hopefully that leads to an attitude adjustment.   If he changes his attitude and accepts what the Rangers are telling him, maybe he still has a chance to be a long-term player on this team.  But it's clearly up to him and his attitude.  He has to do the heavy lifting here.

This was always partly the danger when you do this to a kid. Partly Kravtsovs fault too but what exactly was the point of sending him down this time? He’s clearly a hell of a lot more valuable to us here playing. His cup of coffee last year proved he belongs to me and even though he was injured, sending him down does little. I don’t give a crap if someone claims Gauthier. No one in their right mind thinks Gaut has a brighter future than Kravtsov. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomas Sandstrom said:

Ever consider that the Rangers have absolutely no intention of Trading him?  At least not unless they get X? 

If they get X, they will gladly trade him - Rangers win.

Otherwise, Krav and his agent are left in a position where no one else in the league values him as highly as they do...hopefully that leads to an attitude adjustment.   If he changes his attitude and accepts what the Rangers are telling him, maybe he still has a chance to be a long-term player on this team.  But it's clearly up to him and his attitude.  He has to do the heavy lifting here.

Right. Like the Drouin situation pointed out earlier by @Long live the King

1 minute ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

Right, which leads me to the conclusion that this MAY be all about the attitude and expectations coming from the Krav side of things.  If him, and his agent are being totally unreasonable and are demanding the Rangers put him on their top line or maybe top 2 lines, what would you have the Rangers do?

This very well could all be about teaching Krav and his agent a cold harsh lesson and helping them to adjust their attitude moving forward.  Or they do find a team willing to give the Rangers a boatload in a trade.  Either way, it works out in the long run for the Rangers, right?

If they demanded that I think they should've looked to trade him BEORE sending him down and making him mad and have him look for a trade himself. Just by the fact that his value obviously was higher before all of this mess.

Im pretty sure Kravtsov never gonna put on a Rangers jersey again, so teaching him a lesson will only help Kravtsov himself in the future and his new organisation. If they do manage to find a team willing to pay a lot for him I guess it works out for the Rangers, but Im doubtful of that atm.

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Exactly.  Yet Kravstov has a history of not being happy with being in Hartford. They had to have seen it coming if my dumb ass did. 

He could have fit on a 3rd line. Imagine the favorable match ups he and Chytil would get? 

I get not risking losing Gauthier and Hajek (I'm in a minority there, I get it) to waivers, but Hunt and Tinordi? 

A lot of this off season was based on getting Kravstov in the lineup. Every effort and excuse was made to clear spots and add contracts to the roster BASED on letting this kid play here.

To not see this coming is poor managing. Unless Gallant doesn't like him or he has an attitude,  this is on Drury. How do you NOT know he would get annoyed again?

This is it right here. Any competent manager could see this coming and would manage around it, by trading him after showcasing him if there wasn’t a spot for him on the team. Doesn’t matter what you think of the reaction which is obviously childish

11 minutes ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

The team comes first.  Period.  End of story.  

That should be the loud and clear message to EVERYONE in the organization.  

Those who can't work within that structure, GTFO

Ultimately this.

I would recommend he doesn't book anything with Southwest Airlines to head back home at this time.

Just now, Keirik said:

This was always partly the danger when you do this to a kid. Partly Kravtsovs fault too but what exactly was the point of sending him down this time? He’s clearly a hell of a lot more valuable to us here playing. His cup of coffee last year proved he belongs to me and even though he was injured, sending him down does little. I don’t give a crap if someone claims Gauthier. No one in their right mind thinks Gaut has a brighter future than Kravtsov. 

It's not about who has the brighter future, it's about who is better equipped to help the team win right now. Gauthier surely doesn't project to be the stud people hoped he'd be given his draft placement, but head-to-head, right now, I'd rather have him on the team than Kravtsov given all we know about how Kravtsov responded to this.

You think we see Julien Gauthier refuse to report if the roles were reversed? I don't. I think he does what Jones did. Say out loud you believe you belong, and you'll do everything in your power to prove them wrong.

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

This is it right here. Any competent manager could see this coming and would manage around it, by trading him after showcasing him if there wasn’t a spot for him on the team. Doesn’t matter what you think of the reaction which is obviously childish

Exactly the point that I am trying to make.

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Again this is letting a kid hold you hostage because he has a shitty attitude.  Krav's crying doesn't dictate the GM's decisions.  Sorry kid.  Go down shut up and play.  You'll be back once there is an injury or you force your way in with good play.

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

No real disagreement there. I'd have preferred that route, too.

4 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

If they demanded that I think they should've looked to trade him BEORE sending him down and making him mad and have him look for a trade himself. Just by the fact that his value obviously was higher before all of this mess.

Im pretty sure Kravtsov never gonna put on a Rangers jersey again, so teaching him a lesson will only help Kravtsov himself in the future and his new organisation. If they do manage to find a team willing to pay a lot for him I guess it works out for the Rangers, but Im doubtful of that atm.

How do you know they didn't?   How do you know Drury didn't literally call every other GM in the league, ask for X in a trade for Krav, and they all said No?  Maybe that happened.

Then, maybe, he had that conversation with Krav and his agent.  They didn't believe him.  They demanded he be on the top line or top 2 lines, whatever their demand was.

Now, if you are Drury and the Rangers, what do you do?

Maybe this is their best option at the moment.  Again, maybe they have absolutely no intention of trading the kid unless and until they get the value they have place on him.  Once Krav and his agent are unable to find a team in the league to trade that value, then what do they do? 

Rangers hold all the cards here.

Just now, Phil said:

It's not about who has the brighter future, it's about who is better equipped to help the team win right now. Gauthier surely doesn't project to be the stud people hoped he'd be given his draft placement, but head-to-head, right now, I'd rather have him on the team than Kravtsov given all we know about how Kravtsov responded to this.

You think we see Julien Gauthier refuse to report if the roles were reversed? I don't. I think he does what Jones did. Say out loud you believe you belong, and you'll do everything in your power to prove them wrong.

I’m not sure what Gauthier would do, but Kravtsov was down this road before. He was sent down once before, handled in poorly, played in Russia, brought back last year proving he is NHL ready, and even showed us that in the last preseason game what skill level he has. 
   What else does he need to do to crack our roster? If you’re not going to have him make the opening day roster this year, then you’re never going to have him on the roster. I 100% do not agree that Gauthier gives you a better chance to win today.