• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

U know what then? If that’s the cemented attitude we are at as an organization for this year then it better be cup or bust because the Drury/Gallant era is starting off with demoting a highly skilled player in favor of more sandpaper. If Gauthier can play anywhere it’s only because he’s terrible anywhere..

Kravtsov was a 2018 draft. He’s played the 5th least amount of NHL games of the top 20 picks that year and the least amount of the top 10 picks. I do t care that he pouted two years ago. He’s not even remotely as raw as he was then. He’s NHL ready and a top level talent. You make room for that, not punish it.

And therein lies the problem. You define it as punishment. It isn't. He doesn't require waivers, and logically was next man up the moment they could make room for him. All it required was a dash of patience, which he seems to lack entirely given he's done this exact same thing for a second time in a row.

3 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well yeah, you CAN play him anywhere, but he will suck anywhere you play him aswell lol.

I didn't say he was good. I said he can play anywhere in the lineup. Kravtsov can't, which is why they sent him to Hartford while this presumably was being sorted out. Or are you going to honestly sit here and tell me that him being a healthy scratch on opening night would have changed the outcome here?

He's pissed he wasn't gifted a top-six role because he feels he was promised one. That's why all of this happened the way it did, and he handled it about as poorly as he possibly could have.

22 minutes ago, Winter said:

Two players? So you're calling McIlrath a success assuming the two you're talking about is Anderson and Kravtsov. 

You're going all the way back to McIlrath? Okay, between 2010 and 2016...we took McIlrath, JT Miller, and Brady Skjei. So another 2 out of 3 1st rounders made the team, for a total of 7/10. 

Edited by Xander

You know what, this whole mess is actually Dolan's fault.

Think about it....

Basically by firing Gorton and JD last year, he laid down the gauntlet of WIN NOW

So, how can we blame Drury or Gallant for making decisions based on the WIN NOW edict?

Basically the choice was made to put the team on the ice tomorrow night which gives them the best chance to win this game.   Above all other considerations.   

This is the consequence of that way of thinking.

17 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Again this is letting a kid hold you hostage because he has a shitty attitude.  Krav's crying doesn't dictate the GM's decisions.  Sorry kid.  Go down shut up and play.  You'll be back once there is an injury or you force your way in with good play.

But it's not. Pushing him to look for trade options is letting him hold you hostage. 

If your GM picks Hunt and Tinordi over one of your top prospects, on a lesson learning flex, you're holding yourself hostage.  He wasn't going to be happy  and they didn't do what better for the organization and keep it quiet. Same shit as last year with DeAngelo. 

Don't show your hand to everyone.  Don't diminish your asset that you're better off being quiet about. Hunt or Tinordi not being here isn't going destroy the team. They're questionable on this roster to begin with. You bite the bullet on them and protect the bigger asset until you move him. 

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

And therein lies the problem. You define it as punishment. It isn't. He doesn't require waivers, and logically was next man up the moment they could make room for him. All it required was a dash of patience, which he seems to lack entirely given he's done this exact same thing for a second time in a row.

Right - any logical player here views this situation as pretty favorable for their career. He’s absolutely going to get time in the lineup this season, for injuries or rest or whatever. He’s going to be playing with premier offensive talent in the NHL when it happens, and he just needs to do his job and be patient. Very silly and greedy move by the player, as well as stupid from management to handle it this way too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil said:

I hear what you’re saying but I just don’t see it this time. I’m right there with you when he did this last time. This time however, he already had a roster spot from last year and lost it out by injury despite coming back and showing you exactly where he’s at. I don’t think he benefits one second from Hartford at this point.  This was a mistake. I’ll risk losing Dryden Hunt or Gauthier if it means believing in my top 10 pick that’s already proved he belongs.

Just now, Phil said:

I didn't say he was good. I said he can play anywhere in the lineup. Kravtsov can't, which is why they sent him to Hartford while this presumably was being sorted out. Or are you going to honestly sit here and tell me that him being a healthy scratch on opening night would have changed the outcome here?

He's pissed he wasn't gifted a top-six role because he feels he was promised one. That's why all of this happened the way it did, and he handled it about as poorly as he possibly could have.

Well yeah I am. There's a big difference in being scratched and being sent down. First of all he's around and training with the guys (Panarin, Shesterkin especially) instead of training with AHL fodder strangers. The way on to the team is shorter AND the salary is better. Ofcourse it would be different.

Now if he was gonna be scratched "forever" I guess we would've ended up here anyway, but then they would have more time to look for a trade.

There's really no reason playing Hunt on the 4th line and Blais on the 3rd line instead of giving Kravtsov the chance. I get it for the opener, but mid/long term thats a stupid solution. Atleast give Krav a chance on the 3rd line to see if it works.

• Applause 2

Just now, The Dude said:

But it's not. Pushing him to look for trade options is letting him hold you hostage. 

If your GM picks Hunt and Tinordi over one of your top prospects, on a lesson learning flex, you're holding yourself hostage.  He wasn't going to be happy  and they didn't do what better for the organization and keep it quiet. Same shit as last year with DeAngelo. 

Don't show your hand to everyone.  Don't diminish your asset that you're better off being quiet about. Hunt or Tinordi not being here isn't going destroy the team. They're questionable on this roster to begin with. You bite the bullet on them and protect the bigger asset until you move him. 

So you want Krav to be the 13th F / 7th D?  Or Krav could be like every other young player that gets sent down and accept the assignment, and still ask for a trade.

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

It's not a head game.  Young players get sent down all the time...Krav is a head case.

It IS a head game. You tell the kid to earn a spot, he does and plays better than those two(heck Gauthier is/was injured too). BUT sorry, we don’t wanna lose those two marginal players to waivers, so down you go go anyway. That is the definition of playing head games. 

• Applause 2

5 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

So you want Krav to be the 13th F / 7th D?  Or Krav could be like every other young player that gets sent down and accept the assignment, and still ask for a trade.

Rather that than where we are now.

And Hunt is playing the opener. Have Krav as 13F for the Caps game, then take Hunt out and have him as 13F, Krav play 3 line RW, Blais down to the 4th line. Really simple.

Hunt (and not waiving Gauthier) was chosen ahead of Kravtsov here. And he didn't find that fair. You can call him a crybaby all you want, but its the 2nd time this happens to him and he really didnt deserve it this time.

• Applause 1

I still can't believe that Gauthier over Krav is actually a thing. That's certainly one thing I wasn't expecting to materialize going into camp. Plus, this team needs as much scoring depth on that side as they can get. Both parties might be at fault here, but how is sticking with Gauthier and Hunt over this guy a good idea, especially when he looks ready now. This just defies logic to me.

Edit: I would hope it would have been for just one game, but we really don't know. Ugh.

Edited by Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Chuck_IV said:

It IS a head game. You tell the kid to earn a spot, he does and plays better than those two(heck Gauthier is/was injured too). BUT sorry, we don’t wanna lose those two marginal players to waivers, so down you go go anyway. That is the definition of playing head games. 

10 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well yeah I am. There's a big difference in being scratched and being sent down. First of all he's around and training with the guys (Panarin, Shesterkin especially) instead of training with AHL fodder strangers. The way on to the team is shorter AND the salary is better. Ofcourse it would be different.

Now if he was gonna be scratched "forever" I guess we would've ended up here anyway, but then they would have more time to look for a trade.

There's really no reason playing Hunt on the 4th line and Blais on the 3rd line instead of giving Kravtsov the chance. I get it for the opener, but mid/long term thats a stupid solution. Atleast give Krav a chance on the 3rd line to see if it works.

Not a head game.  Young waivers exempt players get shuttled back and forth all the time.  This is a business.   You didn't see Kakko cry last year.  The taxi squad shuffling they did cost the players lots of actual money.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/29/rangers-playing-salary-cap-games-with-taxi-squad/

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I still can't believe that Gauthier over Krav is actually a thing. That's certainly one thing I wasn't expecting to materialize going into camp. Plus, this team needs as much scoring depth on that side as they can get. Both parties might be at fault here, but how is sticking with Gauthier and Hunt over this guy a good idea, especially when he looks ready now. This just defies logic to me.

Edit: I would hope it would have been for just one game, but we really don't know. Ugh.

This clearly shows that it wasn't.

Or maybe it was, but Drury is incapable of communicating. There's no way he was told this was just for one game but still went this way.

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I hear what you’re saying but I just don’t see it this time. I’m right there with you when he did this last time. This time however, he already had a roster spot from last year and lost it out by injury despite coming back and showing you exactly where he’s at. I don’t think he benefits one second from Hartford at this point.  This was a mistake. I’ll risk losing Dryden Hunt or Gauthier if it means believing in my top 10 pick that’s already proved he belongs.

He doesn't have to benefit. He just has to do it while the main roster is sorted out, unless you honestly believe the Gauthier and Hunt experiments are going to be long-term solutions.

I'll tell you what he definitely doesn't benefit from, though — having two black marks on his career for quitting on his team when he didn't get his way.

Just now, Long live the King said:

Not a head game.  Young waivers exempt players get shuttled back and forth all the time.  This is a business.   You didn't see Kakko cry last year.  The taxi squad shuffling they did cost the players lots of actual money.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/29/rangers-playing-salary-cap-games-with-taxi-squad/

Yes, but I think its pretty obvious at this point that is wasn't just for one game.

If that's the case this is 100% only on Kravtsov, but that doesnt make sense. He wouldn't put his career in danger just because he was told to wait a week.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This clearly shows that it wasn't.

Or maybe it was, but Drury is incapable of communicating. There's no way he was told this was just for one game but still went this way.

I would hope not, because that's a pretty terrible look. lol But, probably not. Actually, didn't he fire his agent and hire a new one in hopes of having a better relationship with the team after the last time? I don't remember. At any rate, this is a really shitty way to lose a good, young player.

Yes, but I think its pretty obvious at this point that is wasn't just for one game.

If that's the case this is 100% only on Kravtsov, but that doesnt make sense. He wouldn't put his career in danger just because he was told to wait a week.

Doesn't matter if it was 1 game, 1 week, 1 month, or the whole season.  He put his career in jeopardy because he is a selfish pouter.

Just now, Long live the King said:

Doesn't matter if it was 1 game, 1 week, 1 month, or the whole season.  He put his career in jeopardy because he is a selfish pouter.

Sure, and Rangers put his career in jeopardy by prioritizing freakin Julien Gauthier and Dryden Hunt over him.

I guess both sides fucked up, but the one with most to lose here is obviously Kravtsov, so I dont see how you can have such a one-sided view on this.

Sure, and Rangers put his career in jeopardy by prioritizing freakin Julien Gauthier and Dryden Hunt over him.

I guess both sides fucked up, but the one with most to lose here is obviously Kravtsov, so I dont see how you can have such a one-sided view on this.

Easily. By not having double standards. All my players — top to bottom — should have character in spades. If they don't, and they pull juvie bullshit like this, I'll happily "take the L" and send them packing.

How's Lias Andersson doing these days?

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Easily. By not having double standards. All my players — top to bottom — should have character in spades. If they don't, and they pull juvie bullshit like this, I'll happily "take the L" and send them packing.

Injured. Playing on the 3rd line and they are looking solid.

But as far as double standards, no problem, but, Libor Hajek, so... 

I'm not sure about the double standard though, because Kravtsov was done everything he was told. He had a great year. He literally "went down, do what you are told", and was fantastic. Even Drury said he was with the NHL guys and didnt send him to camp.

Again, I think the Rangers fucked up when they forgot to waive people over the weekend, didnt have another option, and now this is where they are.

1 minute ago, josh said:

Injured. Playing on the 3rd line and they are looking solid.

But as far as double standards, no problem, but, Libor Hajek, so... 

I'm not sure about the double standard though, because Kravtsov was done everything he was told. He had a great year. He literally "went down, do what you are told", and was fantastic. Even Drury said he was with the NHL guys and didnt send him to camp.

Again, I think the Rangers fucked up when they forgot to waive people over the weekend, didnt have another option, and now this is where they are.

Even if all of this is true, refusing to report is the worst possible reaction to have. What he should have done is accepted the assignment, paid lip service to reporters about working hard and hoping to prove he belongs in the NHL, while quietly requesting a trade.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Then don’t have a double standard when it comes to making the team either. He was better than those two but because he has waiver clearance and the other two don’t, down he goes, regardless of whether he played better.

Edited by Chuck_IV
  • Thanks 1

If they had messed up waiving people on a Gauthier or Hunt, for example, I wouldn't care too much. This guy was supposed to be a big part of the future of the team. Whether one side is to blame more than the other, this is just a colossal organizational fuck-up.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1