• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#1) Rangers @ Washington Capitals — If Tom Wilson Lives, We Riot!

Phil

Welcome back once again, folks!!   ...Holy shit!!  There were a metric ass-load of zingers in there that were absolutely hilarious! 

........And here are the nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Discover Card...who led the night with that FUCKING annoying "cash back" commercial!!: (26 of them, by the way!)

I really hope that chick gets hit by a fucking bus!!!  ...in both directions!! 

Anyway here we go:

14 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Shit, I'd probably want to see Kravtsov over Tinordi on D

14 hours ago, RangerDanger said:

Been waiting all day, excited to see the season start with this lineup, tune in and bam - Georgiev. That's like getting a stripper for your bachelor party, and the stripper turns out to be your ex. I mean sure, I'm gonna watch, just maybe not tip as much.....

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Gretz really should have picked a better hair dye. Chestnut just isn’t his thing

14 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

We’ve arrived at the grab-your-ankles part of the game. ?‍♂️

14 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Put down the booze, you’re an annoying drunk

13 hours ago, Flynn said:

Worst part is I have Nils in the 1st goal rep bet, and still feel good about the choice. 

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah we def need to get a board get together going. That’ll work out well in a 5-0 loss 

13 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Do you think we've been able to successfully watch games at get togethers? Half of us normally don't know what's going on by the end of the first intermission.

13 hours ago, Winter said:

at least the explosive diarrhea you'll get will make you forget this opener lmao

13 hours ago, Karan said:

It's only Game 1. Give it a few months. Pretty soon a growth on your balls will be easier to deal with than these GDTs ? 

13 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I wonder if Dionne has any apparel that can make me forget that this game was ever fucking played.

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Great, we have one former Ranger in Gretz talking through caps goals and another former Ranger in Dionne putting on a caps hat.

this night gets more fun. BRB, I’m gonna try to go punt a puppy

13 hours ago, Phil said:

Like when you joke to your wife about a threesome but she doesn't immediately say no.

13 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Those Discover commercials make me wanna punch myself……

2 hours ago, Pete said:

But let's keep this one pinned for the hot takes that are gonna age like Matthew Perry.

...and after much deliberation over the top 15 quotes, the winner tonight goes to @RangerDangerwho topped the charts with his stripper analogy! 

Nice Job, my man!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I was looking forward to this post once the Rangers were down 3-0

So many to read through last night....There was some funny fucking shit in there!!  I felt bad cutting out like 10 of them!  ...just getting it down to 15 was tough!!

Usually it's a Top 3!  ...and by the way...I would've taken Kravy over Tinordi on D as well!!  LOL

13 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Good stuff, York. Did you get any comments about your shirt? lol

I've been in an away building on the wrong side of a bad loss. Usually it starts with shit talking and ends in sympathy. Depending on how bad the loss is, you may as well steer into the skid. I may or may not have started a "we want 10" chant at that Lightning game a few years back

• Like 1

Last time I was at a Rangers @ Caps game....5/24/09....Rangers up 3 games to 1, Tortorella has a meltdown.....Was not fun leaving the arena.  

We know what happened after that, try to erase that from my memory.  F'n Ovechkin with a highlight reel goal right in front of me, was about 10 rows up 

17 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I've been in an away building on the wrong side of a bad loss. Usually it starts with shit talking and ends in sympathy. Depending on how bad the loss is, you may as well steer into the skid. I may or may not have started a "we want 10" chant at that Lightning game a few years back

I was at the "DOUBLE CHILI " game at the Nassau Coliseum back in the 1979!!!  ...the season after we went to the Finals against Montreal!!  I still go to therapy for that one!!  LOL

29 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I think the worst feeling going to an away game is getting shut out....You travel to the game, spend all this $$$ to get there, tixs, etc.....and you don't even get to cheer once. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I think the worst feeling going to an away game is getting shut out....You travel to the game, spend all this $$$ to get there, tixs, etc.....and you don't even get to cheer once. 

I dunno man - I went to a game where the Rangers were down by 8 at one point. I'd almost rather have been shut out - how the fuck do you cheer the goal that changes 9-1 to 9-2?

• LOL 1

36 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I went to the Chicago game in 2012(?) where they were leading all game and lost 3-2 on 2 third period goals. That was brutal.

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Good stuff, York. Did you get any comments about your shirt? lol

nothing except from other blueshirts. gotta say the Ranger turnout was pretty big for this one! led to some back and forth chants but overall the Caps fans were sleepy in my section. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Last time I was at a Rangers @ Caps game....5/24/09....Rangers up 3 games to 1, Tortorella has a meltdown.....Was not fun leaving the arena.  

We know what happened after that, try to erase that from my memory.  F'n Ovechkin with a highlight reel goal right in front of me, was about 10 rows up 

my gut still hurts just reading this