• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#2) Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — Let's Try That Again

Morphinity 2.0

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why do people keep asking why Trouba is out there? Who else is going? Fox can't play the whole OT.

Why else would we pay a guy 8M for NOT playing in OT?

That's just it. There really is no one else and it looks like Gallant lost all faith in Lundkvist once he looked like the moment got too big for him in the first period. 

Dallas had a lot of chances off the rush, while we really didn't have any.  That's saying something about systems that are being employed in the neutral zone.  We worked harder than they did and got most of our chances off of sustained play in the offensive zone.

Edited by Sod16

Here we go, gang!!   We're back yet again with the Ozzy Quote of the GDT...the "back to back" edition.

........And here are the Top 5 Finalists for tonight's game, sponsored by Alka-Seltzer....(I needed that shit after watching that attempted back-check by Trouba in OT!)

5 hours ago, Winter said:

We have more alternate captains than southwest 

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

New York rangers…..making dreams come true for rookies everywhere 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Lafreniere has a dislocation of his visceral fat. 

3 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Sam needs one of those Altuve wired buzzers where he's not allowed to call goal until somebody shocks him with it.  Holy hell.

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Went in the parking lot with an experienced lady last night, got a bad dose of Hakkenpaa. 

...and in a very tight decision, the winner tonight goes to the wild and crazy @Buggwho made me spit my beer through my nose with this "diagnosis"!!! 

Youdda man!!!  

sexy doritos GIF

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Here we go, gang!!   We're back yet again with the Ozzy Quote of the GDT...the "back to back" edition.

........And here are the Top 5 Finalists for tonight's game, sponsored by Alka-Seltzer....(I needed that shit after watching that attempted back-check by Trouba in OT!)

...and in a very tight decision, the winner tonight goes to the wild and crazy @Buggwho made me spit my beer through my nose with this "diagnosis"!!! 

Youdda man!!!  

sexy doritos GIF

I like this game

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Why do people keep asking why Trouba is out there? Who else is going? Fox can't play the whole OT.

Why else would we pay a guy 8M for NOT playing in OT?

Know it sounds crazy, that the only servicable 3 on 3 is Fox. Lindgren is not , Lundqvist is 12, MIller apparently is not. Keeps coming back to $8 million Trouba being a nightly eyesore. Where have you gone, Neil Pionk? Winnipeg, and at a much more cap friendly number. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Scary that Krav could not show enough to  this coaching staff anything to preclude Hunt. 

Or that he didn't just wait 5 minutes before his temper tantrum for someone to fuck up (Hunt, Gauthier) or get hurt (Blais).

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

I thought Reaves (and the whole 4th line, really) was pretty good last night. They forechecked well, got some chances in front, and mixed it up a bit after the whistle. All you can ask for really. 

I liked Reaves and Rooney game, but Hunt JAG. Blais' talent on that line makes them more than just minute eaters, and having him play up on the third line means you're basically giving yourself 48 minutes to score because the 12 minute 4th line isn't getting you jack.

Edited by Pete

I think it takes some time to figure this out - new system, new roles, lots of new players - but this was an encouraging game against a good team that we probably should have won.

All I'll say is that the more we can capture and replicate the second half of that game, the better we're going to be. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Or that he didn't just wait 5 minutes before his temper tantrum for someone to fuck up (Hunt, Gauthier) or get hurt (Blais).

No question somebody, either in management or his agent or both,  said bide your time in Hartford and play hard, somebody will get hurt or fall out of favor. Beyond ridiculous. He would only a hour away from the practice facility, 90 minutes form MSG. Beyond immature. 

• Phil unpinned this topic
15 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

I thought Reaves (and the whole 4th line, really) was pretty good last night. They forechecked well, got some chances in front, and mixed it up a bit after the whistle. All you can ask for really. 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

I liked Reaves and Rooney game, but Hunt JAG. Blais' talent on that line makes them more than just minute eaters, and having him play up on the third line means you're basically giving yourself 48 minutes to score because the 12 minute 4th line isn't getting you jack.

Hunt is definitely the weakest link, but that fourth line last night had an xG of like 70+ — they were doing very well.

8 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Couldn't watch this one, forgot it would be blacked out for me here.  Another loss and I take it our wonderful "coach" still contributes nothing to what occurs on the ice.

Oh gosh; by all the vitriol in these two game day threads, did Gallant sleep with your girlfriend or run over your dog?

I mean I haven't seen any in game adjustments that have "wowed" me and the starting Georgiev over Shestorkin in theopener was underwhelming, but can we at least give the guy 20 games before we poop all over him?

12 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pete's right, but that's kinda what we signed up for with those guys, I think.  If we can get anything out of them, I look at it like a bonus.  Just as long as they don't become an issue defensively letting up goals.  I think Reaves was pretty good last night, and Rooney was digging like a madman behind their net much of the night.

Those 10 or 11 minutes midway through the second had my sitting at the edge of the couch.  Good Lord, WE'RE CYCLING!!!  ...I can totally get used to that kind of play;  We were hitting, and getting pucks deep, and then off the forecheck getting pucks to the net!

When we get Blais back, we'll get that rolling even more.  I really like the sustained pressure we were applying.  It did carry over for to the 3rd for a while, but we still had a bunch of chances that we should have cashed in on.

Strome was outright ROBBED in front, and how many posts did we hit? 4?  Kakko???  UGH!!  LOL   So close!!!

We'll get there ...a few more games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Hunt is definitely the weakest link, but that fourth line last night had an xG of like 70+ — they were doing very well.

With Hunt leading the way with an xG of like 80%, which really calls into question that metric LOL. I guess they didn't give up much and he did have that one breakaway which inflated his numbers.

• LOL 1

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Know it sounds crazy, that the only servicable 3 on 3 is Fox. Lindgren is not , Lundqvist is 12, MIller apparently is not. Keeps coming back to $8 million Trouba being a nightly eyesore. Where have you gone, Neil Pionk? Winnipeg, and at a much more cap friendly number. 

Remember the good old days when everyone was so quick to run Pionk out of town because "he couldn't defend"?

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Imagine what it would have been with Blais instead of Hunt? They might have actually gotten a goal. ?

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Imagine what it would have been with Blais instead of Hunt? They might have actually gotten a goal. ?

Blais is so totally worth it.  I really like the way he plays.  He's like a wrecking ball with skill!  LOL

I don't expect Hunt to be more than a 13th forward, so I'm not gonna shit on him.  I think they played a solid game last night...it took us a while to get going, but back to backs sometimes do that, especially at the beginning of a season.

How awesome is it to watch Fox though?