• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#2) Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — Let's Try That Again

Morphinity 2.0

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Blais is so totally worth it.  I really like the way he plays.  He's like a wrecking ball with skill!  LOL

I don't expect Hunt to be more than a 13th forward, so I'm not gonna shit on him.  I think they played a solid game last night...it took us a while to get going, but back to backs sometimes do that, especially at the beginning of a season.

How awesome is it to watch Fox though? 

Watching Fox is like watching Dr Manhattan play hockey. He reshapes the game to his will.

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Watching Fox is like watching Dr Manhattan play hockey. He reshapes the game to his will.

It really is a privilege to watch this kid play.  G Man, I've been watching this game my whole life, and I never thought we would ever find a guy that could duplicate, or even come close to replicating Brian Leetch, but I'm actually floored by this kid!

He does things on the ice, and sees things that develop like no other!  I watched him on the PP last night, and I swear to Christ you'd think he has 6 eyes!!!  Not only that, but he's got a great sense of when to jump into the play, and when to hang tight.

Fucking guy is a once in a lifetime player, so I hope for the guys that never got to see Leetch or Bourque play...Watch this kid!!!  ...He's a special one you're gonna tell your kids about when you're an old fuck like me!!!!!  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It really is a privilege to watch this kid play.  G Man, I've been watching this game my whole life, and I never thought we would ever find a guy that could duplicate, or even come close to replicating Brian Leetch, but I'm actually floored by this kid!

He does things on the ice, and sees things that develop like no other!  I watched him on the PP last night, and I swear to Christ you'd think he has 6 eyes!!!  Not only that, but he's got a great sense of when to jump into the play, and when to hang tight.

Fucking guy is a once in a lifetime player, so I hope for the guys that never got to see Leetch or Bourque play...Watch this kid!!!  ...He's a special one you're gonna tell your kids about when you're an old fuck like me!!!!!  LOL

I got to watch Leetch in the prime-->twilight era, and I knew he was special. My kid is going to see Fox in that same range, which should be great for him.

I think what you're seeing here is how guys like Karlsson built on Lidstrom - kids like Fox and Makar grew up watching Lidstrom play the position and then watching Karlsson challenge what can be done. Now you've got Makar, Fox, Hughes - this is a level of defensive talent taking the NHL by storm like we probably haven't seen since the Red Army team headed over.

2 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I got to watch Leetch in the prime-->twilight era, and I knew he was special. My kid is going to see Fox in that same range, which should be great for him.

I think what you're seeing here is how guys like Karlsson built on Lidstrom - kids like Fox and Makar grew up watching Lidstrom play the position and then watching Karlsson challenge what can be done. Now you've got Makar, Fox, Hughes - this is a level of defensive talent taking the NHL by storm like we probably haven't seen since the Red Army team headed over.

Zac Jones has a lot of good in him too!  I hope the Rangers hang on to him, because I think he's going to be another one similar.  Lundqvist, after he settled down last night, looked a lot better.  You could see he looked like he was playing with a Cocoa puff in his shorts for about 1/2 the game!!!

Every time he touched the puck, you probably couldn't pull a needle out of his ass with a tractor!!  He got caught flat footed at center ice on their first goal, but it's in broad daylight that this kid is going to be VERY good as well.

• LOL 1

Hoping to see Lundkvist again even after the puck mishap he had that led to the goal. That's a rookie mistake that he'll learn from. Every other part of his game was far more noticable than Tinordi brings. Got a few great looks to the net, good on the PP, nice moving the puck. Needs to work out defensive side of the game, which is expected.

That said, I see why to use Tinordi against a heavy team like the Caps. Against MTL I fully expect to see him again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Hoping to see Lundkvist again even after the puck mishap he had that led to the goal. That's a rookie mistake that he'll learn from. Every other part of his game was far more noticable than Tinordi brings. Got a few great looks to the net, good on the PP, nice moving the puck. Needs to work out defensive side of the game, which is expected.

That said, I see why to use Tinordi against a heavy team like the Caps. Against MTL I fully expect to see him again.

i thought Nemeth's pass was pretty bad and caught Lundkvist flat footed.  

3 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I know it's only 2 games, but I've seen enough of Dryden Hunt.

I like Hunt. He's not a 4th liner role, though. He's not going to look great there. I still want to see him with Panarin and Strome. I think he's a perfect complement for that pair

• Applause 1

8 minutes ago, josh said:

I like Hunt. He's not a 4th liner role, though. He's not going to look great there. I still want to see him with Panarin and Strome. I think he's a perfect complement for that pair

6 minutes ago, CCCP said:

what do you expect to see from him?  

I like Hunt too...I think I see where Josh is going;

He's a digger, a puck retriever with passing and skating ability that's better than average.  He can keep up with Strome and Panarin speed wise, and also help get them pucks to set each other up.  Correct me if I'm wrong here @josh, but you see him as the offset winger that does the dirty work on that line right??

Dump it in, retrive it, and throw a few hits to turn it over in the NZ for Strome and Bread's transition game, right?

Edited by Ozzy

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I like Hunt too...I think I see where Josh is going;

He's a digger, a puck retriever with passing and skating ability that's better than average.  He can keep up with Strome and Panarin speed wise, and also help get them pucks to set each other up.  Correct me if I'm wrong here @josh, but you see him as the offset winger that does the dirty work on that line right??

Dump it in, retrive it, and throw a few hits to turn it over in the NZ for Strome and Bread's transition game, right?

Yeah, certainly. He likes to hustle, loves to shoot (scored a lot in the AHL and junior), we know he likes to hit. Every time there's a scrum, he seems to be involved in some way. He'll go to the front of the net, dirty areas. He knows where to go to get shots off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, josh said:

Yeah, certainly. He likes to hustle, loves to shoot (scored a lot in the AHL and junior), we know he likes to hit. Every time there's a scrum, he seems to be involved in some way. He'll go to the front of the net, dirty areas. He knows where to go to get shots off.

I really like where this squad is headed....gonna take a few games to sharpen the axe, but I saw spells of play last night that made me a believer!

...Forest through the trees, Josh!! 

28 minutes ago, josh said:

how many shots did he have in the last 60+ minutes?

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

how many shots did he have in the last 60+ minutes?

I had more actually, Simon!!  LOL

The point Josh and I are bringing up is that Hunt may be best suited to be a complimentary player on the line with Bread and "Yeast" (way to go @Pete!!)  He can be the "dirty work" player that retrieves pucks, hits, grinds and chases pucks down and turns the the other team over for Panarin and Strome.  He can get pucks to them, to set them up so they don't have to go banging and crashing into the corners as often, and do what they do best!

Hunt's pretty good playing both sides of the puck...He sure as hell doesn't look like he'd be a burden on that line.  I dunno, they may just give it a try one of these nights. 

We'll see!

14 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Over Kakko who's game has supposedly grown so much over the last year , so tough on the boards, tough on the puck etc. Everything but points basically, but they're coming we're told. Now we're gonna move him down for Dryden Hunt? 

Didn't say anything about "now" JS, let's see how things develop.  Still way early in the season.

All I'm saying is that Hunt isn't as terrible as some are saying.  He has a place on this team, and even if it's as the 13th forward, he could and might be a fit in other places other than the 4th line.  A lot of us last season asked for players that had grit, and could play up and down the lineup without hurting the team defensively.  This guy fits that description pretty well.

I'm a huge Kakko guy, so I hear ya, believe me.  Kakko has been pretty decent so far, just short of scoring about 3 goals to my count already!!!  Damn post!!  LOL

13 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I don't see it, but if they put Hunt on Panarin's line what do you do with Kakko?

If they are looking to make the playoffs this season they might want to give some thought to Lafraniere on the 3rd line until he gets going and leave him on the 2nd pp unit.

Hey man!  We're sneaking you out next Thursday night for the Nashville game!  Me, you and Big K.....You in??

35 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I don't see it, but if they put Hunt on Panarin's line what do you do with Kakko?

If they are looking to make the playoffs this season they might want to give some thought to Lafraniere on the 3rd line until he gets going and leave him on the 2nd pp unit.

"spread out the skill"

Can you imagine Lafreniere - Chytil - Kakko going against 3rd pairing D's all season? Plus, they can immediately go on the ice after every PP after the first unit stays out the entire time. No line juggling.

42 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Next Thursday should be good Ozzy, remind me a day or two before.

I prefer Lafraniere - Chytil - Goodrow as the 3rd line, but not with Hunt on the 2nd line.

I still like Kravtsov with Panarin & Strome.

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko

Blais - Rooney - Reaves

Yeah man, we'll pick a place kinda in the middle of us...Keith is pretty close by.

Dude, we haven't seen a game together in what?  ....a year and a half??  Holy shit!!  WAY TOO LONG, man!!!  LOL

I got first round though!

Edited by Ozzy