• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Knicks Thread

Parsley

• Parsley changed the title to New York Knicks Thread
21 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yeah, with the state of NY sports with regards to baseball and especially football it'd be nice to have the "winter" teams playing well to get us through the cold, dark days ahead. Would love a return to the early/mid 1990s.

Tell me about it. Had enough suffering between the Yankees/Giants. The Knicks seem like a legit playoff team to me now. Let’s hope they’ve learned from last year and can go further. I want NY to be a destination FA’s want to go to again. 

• Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/14/2023 at 11:41 AM, BrooksBurner said:

If Brunson keeps playing how he's playing, Knicks will be a top 6 seed, maybe top 4.

He's kept playing how he's playing and then some. He has grown from being a good-to-really-good guard, into being an elite guard. Knicks in the 5th seed with their eyes on the 4th.

• 1 month later...

The 8 seed Heat shocked the 1 seed Bucks last night to win in 5, so the Knicks get the Heat next round. From an NHL perspective, that’s about the equivalent of the Panthers knocking out the Bruins. The Knicks are either insanely lucky to avoid the Bucks, or insanely unlucky that a cinderella Heat team caught fire and will be a buzzsaw.

LGK

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I watched that game last night.  I  haven't followed the Knicks since the days of Ewing, Mason and Oakley....winning is kinda fun! 

I have very fond memories of watching those teams with my Dad. He was fond of Oakley's hard nosed approach to the game. He was huge on the Knicks and basketball in general, but even he would have struggled with watching this front office absolutely destroy the roster for the last 20 years. I know without a doubt he would love this squad, with little-to-no ego and a commitment to team ball. The NBA is a star-based league, and the Knicks don't really have that (Brunson and Randle are 2nd tier stars), but the team is the opposite of the annoying "super teams" in the past 10-15 years (thanks Lebron and Durant!). They have the depth to keep coming at you and grind you down throughout the course of the game, and it always feels like someone different is stepping up every single game. Quickley and Toppin are fantastic.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I have very fond memories of watching those teams with my Dad. He was fond of Oakley's hard nosed approach to the game. He was huge on the Knicks and basketball in general, but even he would have struggled with watching this front office absolutely destroy the roster for the last 20 years. I know without a doubt he would love this squad, with little-to-no ego and a commitment to team ball. The NBA is a star-based league, and the Knicks don't really have that (Brunson and Randle are 2nd tier stars), but the team is the opposite of the annoying "super teams" in the past 10-15 years (thanks Lebron and Durant!). They have the depth to keep coming at you and grind you down throughout the course of the game, and it always feels like someone different is stepping up every single game. Quickley and Toppin are fantastic.

I have to admit, I don't even know the players, RMC.  I just started watching in passing since they made the playoffs.  I used to watch a ton of NBA back 20 years ago when I played in the Fantasy Leagues in CBS, and I could name every starting lineup on every team in the NBA.

I found myself surprisingly getting back into watching some Knicks just the last couple of weeks, since they are in the playoffs.

I'm going to follow a bit more.  Those guys bring it every game!!!  Maybe they should breathe on their locker room cohorts that skate!  😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great season Knicks. Rough outtings tonight from Randle and Barrett, kind of par for the course for Randle in the playoffs, but lots to build off of as a group. They missed Quickley badly for certain. He’s an energizer bunny off the bench and they needed that.

I think Randle is not a guy you're going to win a championship with if he's a key piece to your team. Not a Stephen A. Smith guy at all but I think he nailed it by going off and calling him a cancer after they got booted. 

Edited by jsrangers