• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Moving Company Found Our Stuff!

Phil

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

I was threatened with a suit a few years ago over a linked image that wasn't even stored on our servers because it was copyrighted. I don't need that kind of stress in my life again. Just use any of the free image storage sites.

That's dumb.  Not that you won't allow it, I mean that someone did it.  I can see threatening if someone is claiming a photo to be theirs when its actually not.  But to just post it as part of a discussion?  GTFOH.  Is what it is I guess.

Yeah, there's an entire industry behind this, and the lawyers who represent these people make a lot of money scaring the shit out of people who make honest mistakes. A lot of times it's just a blogger who googles a photo of spaghetti because they want to post about their favorite pasta dish/recipe, and bam — they get slapped with a DMCA take down notice and get told they have to pay the photographer a few thousand dollars for violating the copyright or face legal repercussions.

I'm in the unique position of "owning" the site, so I'm ultimately responsible if any of you post anything that violates DMCA law, which is why unless I know for a fact the images won't be hosted on my server, I won't enable that feature for general use. Tapatalk, for example, allowed it, and hosted the images themselves, so if you were visiting the old forum using it and just wanted to upload pics of your kids, you could, and I had no problem with it.

47 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm going to chalk up the emoji issue to internet settings at work or something because it's fine when I browse the site on my phone, tablet and home computer.

Just now, Phil said:

Can you clear your cache at work? That might fix it. That, or, honestly, just restart everythign.

If we're using a Twitter emoji set, and Twitter is blocked at your job...seems like that's related. Do the Emojis work on your phone?

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Well, if that's the case, you shouldn't be able to see anything Twitter-related, including tweets themselves. I thought I read that you can see the preview display/embed of them?

Well, I can't see the actual tweet, but I can just see the raw text of it so I can at least read them. With the old format, I couldn't see anything at all.

@PeteYeah, they display just fine on my phone, so that makes sense there are some issues on my work PC because they are Twitter affiliated.

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well, I can't see the actual tweet, but I can just see the raw text of it so I can at least read them. With the old format, I couldn't see anything at all.

@PeteYeah, they display just fine on my phone, so that makes sense there are some issues on my work PC because they are Twitter affiliated.

So basically sounds like they block all images from Twitter.

• Phil unpinned this topic