• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Big wins. Congrats!

Thanks Parsley!!  That ending was pretty crazy!!!  Glad we were able to pull that one out!!  I thought the worst when they got the INT in the end zone, but it worked out!

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

Should be a great game! Watching the MNF broadcast with Peyton and Eli. Eli brings me back to a better time in Giants football, and Peyton can talk intelligently about the QB position.

...probably one of the more entertaining games of the week, I'd say, Stephen!  I didn't catch most of the announcing because we watched it in a Sports bar.  Must be cool to work with your brother I'd think!

15 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I appreciate the offer, but between the Rangers, the Giants, Arsenal, and fantasy sports, I have enough misery in my life.

Did you see the ending of that one last night, G??  Enough to get a sponsor from Rolaids!!!  Now you know why I drink so much!!

Between the Rangers, Raiders and the pukey Yankees, I can totally appreciate your point!  LOL

I'm still trying to figure out how in the blazing blue hell the Raiders went into Pittsburgh and took it to the Steelers.  That's probably one of the best games I've seen them play since Carr's rookie season.  Hopefully they keep it rolling!

Hey Keith!  I saw the Bears running away with it, and then I glanced over and saw 20-17!!  I was like Shit!!!  What the hell happened!!! LOL

47 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Carr looks incredible so far.

He did, and that was without Jacobs in the game.  We're off to a promising start, but we'll see what goes down next week against Miami.  I'm not taking anything for granted with the Raiders.  It's like the NFL version of the Rangers!!!  LOL

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

He did, and that was without Jacobs in the game.  We're off to a promising start, but we'll see what goes down next week against Miami.  I'm not taking anything for granted with the Raiders.  It's like the NFL version of the Rangers!!!  LOL

Miami is shockingly awful in these first few games - even worse now that Tua is hurt.

18 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Miami is shockingly awful in these first few games - even worse now that Tua is hurt.

MRI was clear on Tua, but I'm not sure he'll be back next week.  This week seems like a typical "red flag" game for the Raiders.  They're at home against Miami, and stack up pretty good against them.  The most satisfying thing about yesterday's win G Man, was that the defense looked pretty good in the secondary, and the Defensive line had some good pressure on Big Ben at key times, and also played decently against the run.

...Here's hoping to a good one next week.....for both of us!

Edited by Ozzy

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

MRI was clear on Tua, but I'm not sure he'll be back next week.  This week seems like a typical "red flag" game for the Raiders.  They're at home against Miami, and stack up pretty good against them.  The most satisfying thing about yesterday's win G Man, was that the defense looked pretty good in the secondary, and the Defensive line had some good pressure on Big Ben at key times, and also played decently against the run.

...Here's hoping to a good one next week.....for both of us!

Vegas has had two big wins already. The Ravens are no joke, and the Steelers are a brick wall. I think Vegas is legit this year and I'd expect them to steamroll a depleted Miami team.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Vegas has had two big wins already. The Ravens are no joke, and the Steelers are a brick wall. I think Vegas is legit this year and I'd expect them to steamroll a depleted Miami team.

<---Cautiously Optimistic!!! 

Listed as 4 point favorites this morning....definitely not too used to this!  LOL

• LOL 1

I don't know how, but the Raiders are 3-0.   Yesterday's game was a squeaker though.  Miami really gave them a run for their money! 

I really wish they would try to end these games before the Rangers start!   I hate having to flip back and forth so much....makes me sea sick!!  LOL

...then again if Miami would've won that game after we knocked off the Steelers and Ravens, I would've been sea sick too! 

...just enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

Eli and his family (who I also can't stand) basically bitched and whined their way off the Chargers. He's a punk. I'm glad he got his ass booed off every time he went there. They didn't forget. Yeah, they're both entertaining, I give them that, but lacking in character. Peyton has always just rubbed me the wrong way anyway, total douche.