• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Yeah, we do in the Armada, but he's 5'5 110 pounds now, with size 8 feet. Maybe send me a Pic of you in the 3rd row for comparison hahaha

But seriously, kids scraping behind the driver is a legitimate safety issue,and society will not allow me to employ the same mitigations my dad so effectively used.

The solution is obvious. Buy a van. But I can't do it.

Yeah, we do in the Armada, but he's 5'5 110 pounds now, with size 8 feet. Maybe send me a Pic of you in the 3rd row for comparison hahaha

But seriously, kids scraping behind the driver is a legitimate safety issue,and society will not allow me to employ the same mitigations my dad so effectively used.

Vans have come a long way, but yea... Not doin it.

Bought?

Lease prices are outrageous right now. Fuckin Kias going for $700/mo.

Yeah. I buy. I never lease to be honest. I usually keep my vehicles for quite a while. My Jeep I’m trading in for this I put on 211k miles on it in 8 years.

Yep, they are.

Saw an article where a dealer was trying to sell one for $20K over MSRP LOL. That dude's am idiot, but they certainly aren't trying to make a deal and sell a car right now.

Also, put the oldest kid in the third row.

Yeah. Even my Toyota. The TRD Pro version is a rare trim and color so dealers have been marking it up like crazy. Msrp on my vehicle is 54k. One dealership in Long Island wants 78k for it. Another one wants 66k. I barely got msrp and it took a lot of negotiationing. I mean, a lot. Lol

My new suv came in from Japan today. Will try to get some pics up when I take delivery and finish a few mods. 2021 Toyota 4Runner Trd Pro in Lunar Rock color. It’s pretty sick actually. Excited. Very sought after SUV with limited production. Happy.

Nice! I just got my new GMC Canyon a week ago. Took a few months to find one locally that had the Options I wanted and not the ones I didn't want. Still ended up with one package I didn't want but this vehicle was the closest to what I wanted. Didn't want one that was too well equipped, keep the cost down. My wife's SUV is our "family car" so hers is the one we went with all the creature features. I'm definitely spending WAY more than I wanted but all the trucks I was looking at were in the same price range so I went with what I liked most.

• Like 1

Yeah, good time to sell a used, though. We want the new Armada, but I can't find one locally. I can get 5k less on trade for current vehicle than what I bought it for over two years ago. Its insane.

Phenomenal time to sell used. I bought out my Subaru lease for $16k and sold it to Vroom for $20k. Didn't have to spend a dime on the GMC out of pocket and still walked away with money. I HIGHLY suggest anyone coming off of a lease to check how much your car would be worth before you hand it in.

Vans have come a long way, but yea... Not doin it.

Ugh, my wife wants a Honda Odyssey when her Santa Fe lease is up. I am dreading it. I don't wanna drive around a van either. I am still trying to push her into getting the Subaru Ascent. She doesn't seem to be budging though.

Ugh, my wife wants a Honda Odyssey when her Santa Fe lease is up. I am dreading it. I don't wanna drive around a van either. I am still trying to push her into getting the Subaru Ascent. She doesn't seem to be budging though.

That thing is like a living room on wheels, though. It has a built-in vacuum LOL.

My buddy has a Pilot, with three kids. He's done with it. The 3rd kid is the killer. There's no way around it. The van wins.

My only issue is the lack of AWD options, only the Sienna has it, and at that price point I may as well get the extended Suburban.

If I hit a ten bagger in my portfolio, I'd consider the Grand Wagoneer, but it's still ultimately a Dodge. If they bring back the Beaver Panel finish I may just stupid enough to do it.

My buddy has a Pilot, with three kids. He's done with it. The 3rd kid is the killer. There's no way around it. The van wins.

My only issue is the lack of AWD options, only the Sienna has it, and at that price point I may as well get the extended Suburban.

If I hit a ten bagger in my portfolio, I'd consider the Grand Wagoneer, but it's still ultimately a Dodge. If they bring back the Beaver Panel finish I may just stupid enough to do it.

We have an AWD traverse

You're such a defeatist. Get whatever you like that has a 3rd row. Put the 2 kids that aren't gonna kill each other, whomever they may be, in the 2nd row. Throw whomever is left in the 3rd row. Maybe it should be you.

SUVs have moved closer to vans, and vans are being phases out, or at least pushed to the back. That's why you can't get a Caravan with AWD. They want you to buy the Durango.

Get in an Armada, Tahoe, Sequoia, whatever, and then get in a Traverse or Explorer, etc. Body-on-Frame vs. Unibody is a night and day difference.