• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Sons of Anarchy' on FX

Phil

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sons-anarchy-ron-perlman-clays-379341

“I actually started off this season trying to play this character in a weakened state, and in a more introspective state,” Perlman tells The Hollywood Reporter. “Only to find out later that he’s not taking the time to figure shit out. He’s going to work immediately on correcting these things that he considers to be wrong.”

“When we hit the reset button for Clay, there was a million different directions that his journey could have gone,” he tells THR.

Clay spent the first few episode of season five in a weak and feeble state, recovering from his physical injuries, as well as the loss of his position of power and his broken relationship with his wife, Gemma (Katey Sagal).

“The notion to have him immediately take measures to gain back the club, by any means possible, even if they are as nefarious as this, was [creator] Kurt [sutter]’s choice,” says Perlman.

Perlman says that the rest of the season will continue to explore the power struggle between Clay and Jax.

“There’s a determination on both their parts to settle scores,” he says. “What this season is going to be is this obsession of Jax’s to try to get the club more in the spirit of the anti-Clay. And the obsession of Clay to try to unearth the fact that Jax is not ready to lead because he’s too much like his dad.”

“I’ve only known for three or four days where I end up in season five,” he says. “I have zero idea where I start out in season six, much less whether I make it to season seven -- I don’t even know if I’ll make it to season six. I really don’t. That’s the cliffhanger of this year. Is that for the first time you are left to wonder, 'what the f---?'

So awesome.

Got a sneaking suspicion that Juice might be the next to die here based on the teaser for next weeks' show where Roosevelt talks about giving up the rat at Jax' table. Clay isn't going out just yet, and when you factor in that little snippet of him asking Juicy what he did, it just reeks of Clay using his guile to make it look like it was Juice all along.

I hope like hell I'm wrong.

I thought Unser was smarter than that? He bought that Clay bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

And Gemma you trailer trash piece of shit. How are you going to figure your way out of this?

And yes Rome, I think you're spot on, Juice will take the fall. How anyone still doesn't figure it out its clay is beyond me.

Clay as we know is so tied into the cartel and the Irish and its the reason he's still alive, but I still don't understand why Jax just doesn't smarten up and eliminate the cancer that is Clay right now, and let the pieces fall where they may. If he's the leader then take a stand and do what's right. Even if you slightly suspect him, doesn't matter, he should have been in the ground last season.

On whatever positive note can be taken out of a fucked up episode like tonights, I've never taken to a character faster than I have Nero, and tonight pretty much solidified any lingering wisps of doubt there might have been when he kicked the shit out of Warren (Joel McHale).

On whatever positive note can be taken out of a fucked up episode like tonights, I've never taken to a character faster than I have Nero, and tonight pretty much solidified any lingering wisps of doubt there might have been when he kicked the shit out of Warren (Joel McHale).

yea I have like the Nero character ( Jimmy Smits) ever since the beginning. The moment they showed him playing with his son in the school yard I knew he was solid and had positive heart.

Any theories on who shot up Jax and Chibbs toward the end of the episode, and more importantly — why?

I thought Unser was smarter than that? He bought that Clay bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

And Gemma you trailer trash piece of shit. How are you going to figure your way out of this?

And yes Rome, I think you're spot on, Juice will take the fall. How anyone still doesn't figure it out its clay is beyond me.

Clay as we know is so tied into the cartel and the Irish and its the reason he's still alive, but I still don't understand why Jax just doesn't smarten up and eliminate the cancer that is Clay right now, and let the pieces fall where they may. If he's the leader then take a stand and do what's right. Even if you slightly suspect him, doesn't matter, he should have been in the ground last season.

He can't. He kills Clay now, and everything with the Irish still falls apart, despite the little scuffle he had with whats-his-face a few episodes back. That wasn't enough to iron out whatever trust issues the Irish still have with Jax being the President of the club right now.

Unser is smart enough to realize that. This show's annoying writing depends on the characters being as stupid as a sack of rocks even if they're really not. Yes I think Juice will die. Always thought so.. surprised it has taken this long. And WTF? It's just too much. You dont need this much shit going on in an episode to make it interesting.. the characters do that themselves.

As for who tried to kill them on the bikes.. I dont know this time. It would be too easy to say that Clay hired them to make it look like Pope.

I originally thought Clay would spin things with Juice to the point that he'd make it look like Juice was the rat, but I have a feeling Roosevelt is actually going to give up the fact that Juice was working against the club last year. I think that short scene where Clay was asking him what he did, where Juice was crying, was Clay finding out that Juice was in fact the "rat", even though he was exploited into it. It makes sense, logically speaking.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sons-anarchy-joel-mchale-reflects-381958

?Everyone was like, ?Hey, you weren?t killed,?? McHale tells The Hollywood Reporter. ?They?re like, ?That doesn?t happen -- usually everyone dies.??

McHale says the beat-down was a fun scene because he got to do his own stunts, and that the whole thing took a couple hours to shoot.

But because Warren isn?t actually murdered, there?s always a chance he could drop back into the show in a future episode or season. McHale says he?d love an invitation to return to Charming.

?Dear god, I hope so. I would be thrilled,? he said. ?Because then that would mean that my death would be much more spectacular.?

?Hopefully he?ll bring me back and I?ll be raped by a semi or something. It?ll be some horrible death,? he adds.

--

LMAO. Yup, you read that right. "Raped by a semi". :lol:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sons-anarchy-joel-mchale-reflects-381958

--

LMAO. Yup, you read that right. "Raped by a semi". :lol:

Haha Joel is such a good sport. I'd love to see him make some more appearances. I think Bill Burr (breaking bad red haired muscle that works for sol) would make an awesome character in this show.

I'd second that notion. I could easily see him in a similar role, but I don't really see an "in" for him, as white as he is. I don't want to sound racist, but think about it — would he be working for Pope? Nero? Doubt it on both accounts. He'd actually have been great during the Irish or Zoebelle stories.

Almost done with Season 4. I have the finale now to watch and then I'll be so close to caught up with the present season. So far I'm in love with the show, and season 4 is one of my favorites. I love the action in it with all of the gangs coming together. I love the justice attorney guy that is in Charming.

Keep watching you will love it more and more, even as much as I hate some of the characters. It is there job to make us hate them and you will love the show more and more shortly. Also I believe this show is going to blow up real soon. They have had two of the most gruesome death scenes I have scene on TV in a long time just in this season.

Archived