• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Sons of Anarchy' on FX

Phil

This entire episode i was murmuring "just fucking kill yourself already". I was really hoping for a murder/suicide at the end too. Oh well, better luck next week.

Was thinking the same thing,I can't stand that biotch and she's got no one to blame but herself for the position she's in

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know how to react to this, still. I mean... he's dead. He's really dead. I've wanted it to happen for years. Four? Five? Six? I have no idea. He's been escaping his fate for so long, I've nearly accepted that he was just never going to go, but how fucking perfect was that scene? That one last glance at Gemma. That one last, sad moment of truth. The look on Jax' face. The looks on the faces of the club knowing what was about to go down.

Wow.

So long, Clay, you fuckin' scumbag, and piss on you too, Gaelan!

Holy fuck when Jax just shot Galean,I mean I knew something might happen but that was bad-ass and so quick out of nowhere

and then Clay,can't believe he's finally gone

awesome episode

Honestly, that scene took me totally by surprise. I was laying down when Jax did that. I immediately jumped up a screamed "HOLY SHIT" when it went down.

I love SOA for that. Those moments that just take you totally by surprise, even when you KNOW its going to happen. I though Clay was going to be the one to shoot Gaelan.

I hate that we have to wait two weeks for the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...
No idea what her thought process was on that. You've gone through all the trouble to get this far with those kids, you had the divorce papers in the works. She might as well had become a rat and gotten the neccesary protection. Now she has nobody to protect her and she somehow thinks that she will survive by herself holed up in a motel room? No time for second thoughts and your heart being tugged on when your son asks for his daddy.

I actually don't blame her for doing what she did. She's incredibly torn, and stuck between a rock, a hard place, and certain death. That decision isn't as easy for her, the character, as it is for us, the viewer. We're privy to a lot of information she's not, and we've also developed bonds with other characters on the show from a viewers perspective, that are not influenced by direct interaction the way hers are.

I don't think she's making the right choice, but I do think she thinks she's making the right choice, because she's putting the concern of the safety of her own boys ahead of even her own life, and I think you can pretty easily make the argument that, much as she loves him, Jax tends to kill his way out of problems, not solve them in any other manner, and that's a very dangerous platform to raise a family in.

No idea what her thought process was on that. You've gone through all the trouble to get this far with those kids, you had the divorce papers in the works. She might as well had become a rat and gotten the neccesary protection. Now she has nobody to protect her and she somehow thinks that she will survive by herself holed up in a motel room? No time for second thoughts and your heart being tugged on when your son asks for his daddy.

And indict her own husband, and essentially his entire club, whom she loves dearly, in the process? That's not as easy a choice as you are making it out to be. You also heard DA Patterson allude to the fact that the reason she's doing so is because she too grew up without a father, and she doesn't truly want that for her own boys, knowing what it was like for her. You saw that clearly in the car when she cried when Abel asked if they were going somewhere Daddy was.

And indict her own husband, and essentially his entire club, whom she loves dearly, in the process? That's not as easy a choice as you are making it out to be. You also heard DA Patterson allude to the fact that the reason she's doing so is because she too grew up without a father, and she doesn't truly want that for her own boys, knowing what it was like for her. You saw that clearly in the car when she cried when Abel asked if they were going somewhere Daddy was.

Yea I got you, its most certainly not an easy decision . I just don't know what her current thought process is. She's cornered herself now into a checkmate state and any shred of understanding that her and Gemma seemed to slightly come to in the last episode has to be gone, and despite his love for her his wife, Jax can't have this unstable state of her hanging over him, the boys, and the club for that much longer.

Great writing because they've really cornered everyone in here with almost impossible scenarios.

Yea I got you, its most certainly not an easy decision . I just don't know what her current thought process is. She's cornered herself now into a checkmate state and any shred of understanding that her and Gemma seemed to slightly come to in the last episode has to be gone, and despite his love for her his wife, Jax can't have this unstable state of her hanging over him, the boys, and the club for that much longer.

Great writing because they've really cornered everyone in here with almost impossible scenarios.

She didn't really corner herself, she was cornered, by matter of all the moving pieces in this show. No single character ever completely had themselves to blame for the scenarios they are either in, or ended up in. There were always alternative paths that weren't taken, ya know?

But I agree, she's in checkmate regardless of what she does.

Go to DA Patterson and rat on the club? You effectively end the life of your husband and all his men, all of whom you love dearly.

Don't go to DA Patterson and remain with Jax and the club? She will bury you in court, and you end up in prison, likely for a long, long time, with Patterson then looking to pin the accomplice murder of the prison doctor on her.

Run with her boys, as she's half-doing right now? The club, and her own husband, are very likely to hunt her down and kill her for it.

It's like Sophie's Choice out there.

Archived