• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Sons of Anarchy' on FX

Phil

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching now.

"I ain't no Spiderman nigga" LOL

SO glad to see the black guy in the the suit in this show. He's from the cancelled FX show Lights Out.

Harold Perrineau. I dunno what Lights Out is/was, but his role in Felon and Oz should pretty much solidify any doubts anyone might have had about him.

Friend of mine thinks the home invasions are the Nomads likely on orders from Clay looking to wedge his way back into power. Given the discussion he and Jax had at the table, it's not entirely unlikely, but I don't recall seeing anything that would point to the Nomads being the culprits.

Home invasions i'm not sure of yet, I do think that Clay is trying to get back on top although they are portraying him as a very weak character right now. I really like Gemma in the dirty role that she is playing. I also hope they throw some real conflict into Jax being president and make him a lot stronger than he has been shown to be. The show is awesome and I loved the premier.

Didn't catch this until the second time watching...

One of the newest additions to SAMCRO was "Greg The Peg." He put his "leg" up on Filthy Phil's shoulder after they were introduced at the table. This makes sense with the Nomads being responsible for the home invasions with them focusing in on that shot of the "peg leg" in the final minutes.

Watching now.

"I ain't no Spiderman nigga" LOL

SO glad to see the black guy in the the suit in this show. He's from the cancelled FX show Lights Out.

He's from Lost too

Finally able to watch the premiere and I definitely think Clay has something to do with the invasions,never trust that sack of shit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sons-anarchy-premiere-tig-kim-coates-369729

The repercussions of his actions were quickly addressed in the season five premiere in a harrowing scene in which Pope burned Tig?s daughter alive -- as Tig watched on. Because Tig was chained up, there was nothing he could do as his daughter screamed out for help, yelling "daddy" over and over again.

?I?ve never been asked to do something like that before,? Coates ? a seasoned actor with more than 50 film credits to his name -- tells The Hollywood Reporter about working on the brutal episode.

Coates found out about the scene early on, in April when he met with show creator Kurt Sutter in New York.

"Between you and me, I literally kind of froze. I got very, very distraught,? says Coates, who is a father himself to two daughters.

?And then when I got the script a couple months later, it was like, ?f---, are you kidding me,?? he adds.

?He went over the human condition and emotions with me so beautifully, with what happens to our body in times of flee or fight, or the adrenaline, the shock, the awe,? he says.

As for where this terrible turn in the road will lead his character, Coates says Tig is ?off the leash,? because he?s dealing with this horrible loss, and also the loss of his loyalty to Clay, the former leader of the club.

?He doesn?t know who he is anymore,? he says. ?He?s just f---ed up.?

Opie's return fuckin' sealed the episode. I love that character so much.

Same. Guy has been through so much with this club.

Great episode! I know there is still so much other stuff going on but the Tara/Jax/Gemma relationship still intrigues me. I know she loves Jax so much and now they've "officially" tied the knot, but she still hasn't fully struck me yet as a bikers "old lady" even though each season she's more in. She's been through hell and back with Jax and the club, and I'm sure this may have been the same thing with Gemma back in her early days with John and Clay.

And I finally smartened up and put on my closed captioning! Love Chibs but I could never understand a word that fuckn guy says under that thick Scottish accent that he tries to Irish it up with. I was missing a lot of important dialogue but not anymore!

Same. Guy has been through so much with this club.

Great episode! I know there is still so much other stuff going on but the Tara/Jax/Gemma relationship still intrigues me. I know she loves Jax so much and now they've "officially" tied the knot, but she still hasn't fully struck me yet as a bikers "old lady" even though each season she's more in. She's been through hell and back with Jax and the club, and I'm sure this may have been the same thing with Gemma back in her early days with John and Clay.

And I finally smartened up and put on my closed captioning! Love Chibs but I could never understand a word that fuckn guy says under that thick Scottish accent that he tries to Irish it up with. I was missing a lot of important dialogue but not anymore!

LOL! I could always understand him just fine, but I also grew up down the street from an Irish family, fresh off the boat, so understanding the accent was never an issue for me.

The only thing I'm not certain of was what the Nomads were looking at toward the end of the episode. The scene cut away before I could read the "name" on the marriage certificate, but my guess is that it was Tara and Jax, which would put them as the next target as Jax goes to prison, yes?

Well that's what I was confused about too. Was the information Frankie Diamonds was looking at in the car the certificate of Jax/Tara's marriage, or of Gemma/John or Gemma/Clay? I know they dumped his safe in the next sequence, but was that all part of the same shot? It was really confusing, especially because of how quickly the shot cut away just as it came into focus on the paper itself.

Well that's what I was confused about too. Was the information Frankie Diamonds was looking at in the car the certificate of Jax/Tara's marriage, or of Gemma/John or Gemma/Clay? I know they dumped his safe in the next sequence, but was that all part of the same shot? It was really confusing, especially because of how quickly the shot cut away just as it came into focus on the paper itself.

Well logic would tell you its Gemma/John or Gemma/Clays since it was Clays safe that got robbed. I doubt Clay would be saving any of Jaxs important stuff at this point.

It would appear now there is more damning information that Clay is scared will get out there, and from the looks of it the thieves knew what they were looking for.

Well logic would tell you its Gemma/John or Gemma/Clays since it was Clays safe that got robbed. I doubt Clay would be saving any of Jaxs important stuff at this point.

It would appear now there is more damning information that Clay is scared will get out there, and from the looks of it the thieves knew what they were looking for.

Which could imply the Nomads aren't completely working for Clay as we initially thought.

http://tvline.com/2012/09/18/sons-of-anarchy-season-5-episode-2-maggie-siff/

TVLINE | What was your reaction when you found out Jax and Tara would finally tie the knot?

My reaction was a little bit like the character?s reaction: ?Really?! Here? Now? This way?? [Laughs] It certainly wasn?t a Luke-and-Laura, come to Jesus wedding moment. But I also thought it was strangely appropriate and kind of funny. What ended up making the scene so enjoyable was that a wedding is a wedding is a wedding, and no matter where it happens, it?s kind of momentous. It actually felt that way when we were shooting it, which made it fun.

TVLINE | How did you interpret the ring gesture made by Gemma?

That?s a complicated and interesting moment. At the end of the day, Gemma is the closest thing that Tara has to a mother, and in an unconscious sense, she always longs for her approval and for her love; she?s really hungry for gestures like that, for somebody reaching into their heart and their history and telling Tara that she?s a part of it and connected. She?s somewhat moved by it. But Tara is no dummy? The [rings] symbolize being locked into the family, and the fact that those rings belonged to Gemma and Jax?s father, in a weird way it?s Gemma claiming ownership of Tara and of Tara inside of this life. So, I don?t think that?s lost on Tara either? Although, she accepts the rings because she accepts the life.

TVLINE | When Tara quickly apologized to Jax for voicing her fears about his going to jail, it almost seemed as though we were witnessing her losing a bit of herself ? or at the very least turning more into Gemma. Is that a fair assessment?

There are certain ways that she is sliding toward a Gemma-like way of being. That moment, which I really enjoyed thinking about, was part of her stepping into the role of what it means to be the queen of the club, or the matriarch, or Jax?s partner. Part of what she begins to really understand about that role in that moment is that she needs to treat all of those guys as if they were her family, so that her children have as much importance as Tig?s children, and that Tig carries as much importance as Jax. The shift is toward thinking of them as blood. I don?t think she?s losing herself in that; she?s trying to wrap her mind around a different way of being, and trying to not just think of her family as Jax and her children.

So who's the Son to die this Tuesday? All the promos, including the 10-second spot I just saw are promoting "the Sons lose one of their own".

Please don't be Opie... Please don't be Opie... Please don't be Opie... Please don't be Opie...

Sad but it was bound to happen. Ope was still too unstable IMO. Not that any of these guys are that stable to begin with.

Fuckin Gemma, I can't begin to explain how much I hate that fuckin manipulative piece of trash bitch.

This is basically what Kristin has been telling me the last 10 minutes, trying to console me.

I get it, but I don't care. I'm just too upset for logic right now, as much as it made sense for Opie to give up his life for the club, and more importantly Jax, like that. He had little to live for at this point, beyond his kids, having lost so much already (Piney, Donna, etc).

I just hope like hell they really do find that guard, because I'm gonna take pleasure in watching him die. Not nearly as much as watching Pope burn to death (I hope Tig lights him), but pleasure nonetheless.

Archived