• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

FOX's 'Touch'

Phil

Just started it now, on 24, Jack Bauer would have owned that dude at the gas station

:rofl: thought the same thing.

I just want more 24. Is that too much to ask?

24 Movie is still in the works, dude, but I agree. That's a show I'd have watched for 20 years, with ease.

24 Movie is still in the works, dude, but I agree. That's a show I'd have watched for 20 years, with ease.

Admittedly, the show got a little stale. But I think that they could have taken a couple years off from making it to write a great story outline and it would have been amazing. There was very little wrong with that show and it got axed way too early, IMO. I was an absolute fanatic about 24 though, so I'm definitely biased.

However, this is a Touch thread, and I will be watching it tonight.

Well Sutherland wanted out, and it was getting expensive to continue producing as he was reportedly making upward of $225,000 an episode. The ratings were still solid despite the years it had been on, but I agree it got stale toward seasons 6 and 7. Tony's return (as a bad guy) completely saved it IMO. That might actually be my favorite season of them all. The finale was incredible.

But yes, this is a Touch thread, so let's get back on topic.

Lemme know what you think. I'd say it's got the star power, production value and a compelling enough story to last the season, easily. It seems like it'll be an episode-to-episode style program, though, similar to House, with an overarching story that encompasses the entire season:

Whether or not he's allowed to keep Jake, pending the CPS investigation.

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this and I was thoroughly impressed. I was hooked on the show straight from the start because for some reason I really enjoy Kiefer's acting. The episode developed well and it was really crazy to see all of the storylines intertwine. I enjoyed all of the characters and the way it was produced. On problem I had with the episode was how the phone kept changing hands. It was a pretty stupid concept, but I'll buy it.

A concern I have is how they're going to make this show happen on a weekly basis. Phil, I tend to agree that this will be similar to House in an episodic sense, and that would be great. Hopefully they can make it work.

What a fucking roller coaster ride this first episode was. Besides Kiefer's terrific acting I think this is going to be an excellent show. Just watching all the things come together form the kid with the numbers is insane. The phone going from place to place really threw my off, and somehow it ended up as a bomb, idk I was confused by some of the parts, but at the end I didn't know whether to be emotional or excited by it. But either way this is a very good show.

Stupid we have to wait till March 19th for the next one.

• 1 month later...
I thought it was well done, but this is going to have an expiration date. The overarching story it's functioning on has a finite answer (of sorts), so once they reach it or get close to it I'd imagine the show will conclude. No point in dragging it out like they did with Prison Break.

I thought it was well done, but this is going to have an expiration date. The overarching story it's functioning on has a finite answer (of sorts), so once they reach it or get close to it I'd imagine the show will conclude. No point in dragging it out like they did with Prison Break.

Yeah, I don't see this show having more than a three season span. But I could be wrong.

I recorded it, so I'll post my comments later.

Yeah, I don't see this show having more than a three season span. But I could be wrong.

I recorded it, so I'll post my comments later.

I"d even say as short as two. It's a nice program, but it reminds me a lot of the same platform Lie to Me ran on. The only thing that'll keep this going longer than a couple years is Sutherland's backing.

• 2 months later...

Archived