• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

On 8/17/2024 at 2:29 PM, Pete said:

Well, that's the point, right? Dropping $10K on a hobby isn't nothing, but doing it because you're hoping to get anything out of it...I'm pretty realistic. All roads lead to men's league.

So keep your private lessons, endless clinics, all the extra shit the program tries to rope you into (Spring Hockey is laughable, summer 3v3 touneys are laughable, etc.) That's money that you spend when your kid is going to do something with it because he's not getting the teamwork, comraderie, fun, doing that shit. He gets that from the program....And he could get it from a $300 soccer season rather than a $4500 hockey season.

We just came from powerskating because my dad wanted to get it for him. He hated every second to the point it looked like he may cry LOL. He wants pucks and to fuck around with the boys.

I fucking loved powerskating clinics lol

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I fucking loved powerskating clinics lol

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

That's a special kind of weird 

The instructor literally told the kids that power skating will be the worst skill they ever practiced that will make hockey the most fun they've ever had. 

So yeah, special weirdness.