• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[SPOILER] Game of Thrones Discussion

Phil

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see it now...

OMG! Zombie Catelyn!!!!

She's the only character in both the movies and the books that I absolutely could not stand. I was so entirely pissed off when this happened in the books. I mean, we all hated Joffrey, but we were all supposed to hate him. Which makes you like him, in a way. You hoped he would die, but in an epic way. With Catelyn, it was just, fall off your horse, hit your head and die already.

She's the only character in both the movies and the books that I absolutely could not stand. I was so entirely pissed off when this happened in the books. I mean, we all hated Joffrey, but we were all supposed to hate him. Which makes you like him, in a way. You hoped he would die, but in an epic way. With Catelyn, it was just, fall off your horse, hit your head and die already.

I completely agree. Her chapters were some of the worst and I was so happy when she finally "died".

I completely agree. Her chapters were some of the worst and I was so happy when she finally "died".

Yeah, it was like, "I can't believe they killed Rob...oh, well, at least she's gone, too".

Most likely supposed to be Three-finger Hobb.

Also I think Bowen Marsh was in the first season but could be wrong, so hes still around somewhere.

And for what its worth, next weeks episode is the one the showrunners submitted for Emmy consideration for pretty much every category, and they believe its the best episode theyve done. If they wrap up the rest of Storm of Swords stuff in it, it damn well would be. We're also getting Bloodraven on Sunday (his casting was announced last summer). The episode is titled "The Children", so you can deduce certain events happening Sunday based on that title. Idk what the hell theyre gonna do with Bran now if hes meeting Bloodraven so early.

Anyway heres the article where Benioff and Weiss talk about the finale http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/09/game-of-thrones-showrunners-finale-4-tease/

It's fucking horrible. I hated that book. If not for knowing I had A Dance With Dragons waiting, I might have just quit.

It's just one big giant discussion at King's Landing between Jamie and Cersei, sprinkled with Iron Born boring bullshit. Total fuckin' snooze fest.

The good:

-Stannis at the Wall was everything I hoped for. I'm glad they actually showed the charge and didnt just do it off screen (i.e. battle at the fist). The last image of Melisandre looking at Jon thru the flames was great.

-Bloodraven

-Brienne vs the Hound: that fight was great and is one of the better things the added. Arya just staring at Clegane as he's begging for mercy was brilliant, as was Rory McCann's acting.

-Dany actually has a good scene for once.

-The look on Varys' face after he hears the bells

-Tyrion killing Tywin was done well.

The bad:

-No Undead Catelyn. Yea she sucks in life, but Zombie Cat is ruthless and thats like the biggest cliffhanger in the series and they blew it.

-No Tysha confession from Jaime to Tyrion. That conversation is so important to Tyrions character development, Jaime's redemption arc, motive for killing Tywin, and Tyrion's reasons for helping Aegon (and Dany) bring about the destruction of House Lannister.

-Leaf's (CotF) great balls of fire. That was justridiculous.

All in all, I thought it was a good episode, but I think the showrunners hyped it a wee bit too much. Leaving out Zombie Cat is forgiveable, so long as they bring her in at some point, but I was pretty dissappointed with Jaime and Tyrion's farewell.

Yeah, really don't get why the cut the Tysha talk. That was the last thing Tyrion needed to become a kinslayer, projecting his love for her onto Shae doesn't fit that well.

I guess we don't get him asking "Where do whores go?" ?

Zombie Cat would have been great, but I guess we need one of these shocker moments for early 5th season, as we now jump into the dry parts of the series. Even if we combine AFFC and ADWD.

Cersei messing up King's Landing in Feast was more entertaining to me, than Dany and Jon sitting on their asses in Dance, both is rather dry content though.

Archived