• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Yup, we're not fat.

LindG1000

I've gained a bit of weight. I was 5'9" 155 lbs and now I'm up to 170. But it's hard because I work nights 7pm to 4am in the ghetto, where nothing is open except fried chicken spots, a pizzeria and some bodegas. I also work nights and sleep all day, so I almost never work out. It's hard to find the time and energy to exercise, and because I'm on foot, I can't pack lunch. It's a shitty situation.

You got lifts?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying when I said there's more focus on weight than being healthy. People go on these "diets" and start using these methods that are not healthy. You lost 40 lbs. in 4 weeks, great - but you shouldn't lose 10lbs per week for 4 weeks. People fail to realize that there is a lifestyle change that must come with losing weight, and that lifestyle change is just being healthy. People are too obsessed with the numbers game to realize it.

The other thing people don't realize is that once they go back to there old ways, it's easier to out the weight back on quicker and easier to actually gain more.

I've actually had burgers on Krispy Kreme donuts before. They had them in North Carolina where my sister went to school. It's shockingly delicious.

That said, this stuff is a problem only if you have no concept of restraint. You know when I'd have that burger? Once every 4-5 months when I went south to visit my sister. It was a NOVELTY, not an every day thing. Just like fast food, or eating at restaurant. Once in a while it's okay to do with friends, or if you're in the mood for something flatly unhealthy. What's not okay is making it an every day thing on the way home from work just because you happen to be hungry and there's a McDonald's on the route home.

I rarely ever eat at a restaurant anymore. I feel much more secure in being able to control what I'm eating, how it's prepared, and the portions. Hell, even the vegetable side dishes at a lot of places are cooked in butter.

Archived