• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Speaking of heel turns, John Cena really needs one, his character is so stale. Tired of his try hard, work harder, hustle hustle hustle persona... who does he think he is? Ryan Callahan?

LMAO..Been saying that a while,I think they are just afraid to do it though

Cena doesn't need to be turned heel. He's too Sting-like for that to be successful. It'll just never work.

Just caught the HHH/Punk back-and-forth. Not bad. Couple cute smarky references here and there, but otherwise fairly boring. Love me some Big Kev, though.

ROFL @ the CM Punk-Nash verbal exchange from RAW.

"OMG, WTF, Kevin Nash?! Thought he was dead LOL!!!"

Also the part about CM Punk saying Nash jumping off a bridge would be good for business was hilarious too IMO.

Nash could have smashed him up better, but this wasn't a legit back-and-forth, I'd imagine. Just a couple of jabs taken each way to make Punk look good.

I feel like RAW has 10 of the same character - Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley - they all seem like the same people.

Kofi Kingston has decent prospects if they actually let him speak besides saying BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Thing is, back in the day, they had 5 decent storylines going on at once. Now, it seems like there's one storyline and a bunch of crap.

I feel like RAW has 10 of the same character - Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley - they all seem like the same people.

Kofi Kingston has decent prospects if they actually let him speak besides saying BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Thing is, back in the day, they had 5 decent storylines going on at once. Now, it seems like there's one storyline and a bunch of crap.

Dial-tone personality club, bro. Now you know why I stopped watching years ago.

Swagger, Riley, Hawkins, Bryan, Otunga, Ziggler, MacIntyre, Gabriel, Mason, Ryan, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Exact same carbon-copy mold of the same generic wrestler with the "built body" and personality of a bathtub fart, only a tenth as funny or entertaining.

Anyone hear this story about Hulks ex-wife coming out and saying Hulk and Beefcake were lovers?

Imagine that, the gold digger is trying to hurt the image and reputation of her ex-husband. Who would have thought?

I don't give a shit if Hogan did or not. Wouldn't be surprised either way. Just like I'm not surprised at the lack of class Linda Hogan has repeatedly shown, and frankly I don't believe a word she's said since the divorce.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

I stopped watching once this happened:

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/wp-content/gallery/wwe-dvd-covers/wwf_wcw_ecw-invasion-2001-cover.jpg

And here is one of the, if not the biggest reason why the potential to be, or should I say, SHOULD'VE been the GREATEST/BIGGEST storyline ever/of all time, as it could've wrote itself out, and was 25 years in the making (NWA vs WWF and of course WCW vs WWF), and was instead the biggest storyline EVER where the ball was dropped and could've made the WWF/WWE millions, if not, billions of money, where they could've kept both the WWF/WWE and NWA/WCW fan tuning in each week, and still milking it and living off of that today.

Anyway, was anyone really shocked when Vince decided to bury WCW, and any and ALL of it's talent? They even had the referees be burried, and f'n Nick Patrick was even forced to job to Earl Hebner at the "Invasion".

I knew from day 1 when WCW, or NWA/WCW got bought out by the WWF/WWE that they would just throw it in the garbage can, and that it was bad for wrestling in general and as a business.

It's still suffering today 10 years later. Hell it's the ONLY reason why wrestling will probably never see another boom period where two companies are thriving.

People think wrestling is cyclical, or it goes in "cycles", to which I say bullshit. If it really went in cycles, it would've came already. Wrestling will only see another boom period when Vince or the WWE decides to actually make SOME compelling TV. Which I think the CM Punk stuff is on the right track and hasd done. But that's only for the WWE.

I think Dixie Carter should clean house. I already hear that TNA is bleeding money. They couldn't even pay Jimmy Yang for god sakes, as his check bounced, and he STILL hasn't been paid from when he last appeared, 7 weeks ago.

Get rid of Russo already. You know the guy that Dixie, for reasons beyond my comprehension, REFUSES to fire. :confused:

Hogan and Bischoff haven't really helped at all. I think the sooner they get out of there, or leave, the better.

But anyway, back to my original point, there will only be another boom period in wrestling when these companies or promotions stop being lazy, get some real bookers, or writers, (i'm looking at you TNA), and get some non-generic talent that doesn't look like a Randy Orton FRAT BOY lookalike that isn't bland or boring. (i'm looking at you WWE. Actually now that I think about it your "writers" suck too!!! But at least you're producing some sort of compelling TV with this CM Punk stuff and genuinely has me interested in part of your product. Although you probably have nothing to do with it anyway. It's mainly due to the creative freedom CM Punk has been allowed to have.)

Hope you enjoy the video I linked up of Raven talking about why the "Invasion" failed, and helped piss off the few WCW fans that actually continued, or actually tried to continue watching WWF/WWE programming once WCW was bought out.

Vince ALWAYS has to be the one who has to be superior and the one with the bigger dick in the room. I couldn't agree more. Well said, Raven. Well said.

• Like 1