• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Those same dirt sheet reports that say TNA is "bleeding money" turn around and talk about how they are operating in the black, so I take it all with one GIANT grain of salt. TNA is not a publicly traded company, which means anyone saying they have access to their financials is either a liar or an insider. I'm inclined to believe the former.

As for losing Hogan/Bischoff — why? The majority of complaints about those two comes from angry internet fans who are mad that the guys partially responsible for the collapse of WCW are in charge of a company again. The same angry internet fans who knew nothing of the financials of WCW just as they know nothing of the financials of TNA but pretend to know both so they can come off as though they have a legitimate argument.

Losing Russo I can get behind losing because IMO he's a lazy booker, but Hogan especailly is good for TNA so long as the spotlight isn't on him for 30% of every show their produce. He's a name who can flat out sell, and in time he'll sell TNA just like he did WCW. Bischoff is also one of the better television producers there is to hire, especially when you realize his history in the business. He knows how to produce a show which is why the production values for TNA have gone through the roof since he's joined. Don't believe me? Watch any footage from the FSN 2004/05 years. Watch how many botched camera shots and fucked up angles there are. Give a look to how pathetic the quality is. Sorry, but I just don't by the TNA will be better when Hogan/Bischoff are gone argument.

Keep in mind, it took the swerve of the century for WCW to sky-rocket into popularity. Hogan was in WCW for two years before that happened and they weren't raking in money hand-over-fist then, either. It takes time.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

O'Haire had a GREAT look. Looked very evil. Him and Palumbo were starting to get over near the end of WCW. Too little, too late though.

WCW was starting to do A LOT of things or, rather, small things correctly near the end of WCW.

Whether or not O'Haire and Palumbo was one of them is debateable.

But they were however finally, it seemed like pushing the right talent, and pushing the young guys finally.

In honor of Ric Flair and Sting continuing their neverendng rivalry tonight, I want to post Ric Flair and Sting's first few encounters from all the way back in January of 1988. This is the stuff why Sting is a household name today. This is the stuff that propelled or made Sting from midcarder to main eventer. Enjoy!!!

Sting confronts the Horsemen:

Sting confronts the Horsemen, more footage at the end:

[video=youtube;UYeql4v9x-c]

Follow up: Never call out Ric Flair!!! Ric Flair-Sting confrontation, which includes a very funny line from Flair near the end before the altercation. "what kind of name is Sting?":

I would've uploaded or linked up their Clash Of The Champions I match, the one that made Sting a star, but unfortunately I couldn't find any decent length videos on YouTube, only in different parts, which would've been a pain in the ass. But these videos will give you the gist of it, and how the Ric Flair-Sting feud started. Instead i'll link up the Tag Team title match from that same event. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard vs Lex Luger & Barry Windham. The titles switch hands to a tremendous pop as Luger & Windham win the tag titles here.

Even if you don't watch the whole match, fast foward to 12:47 to see the conclusion, and see the fans go crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnpkjiyS1tY

Ric Flair-Sting..... Still going strong after all these years!!!

Btw, Sting is VERY green in these videos as you could tell lol.

that is the loudest video ever.

You talking about the crowd pop? Not even close to the pop DDP got or the pop Jericho got for their debuts. Jerichos still gives me chills to this day when that JERICHO graphic stacks on the tron. The place absolutely erupted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32OPyEAraU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEY4DJs6II0

• Like 1

He is the next Hogan, though. The problem with turning him heel is that he's too loved by the majority of WWE's fans for them to really accept him as a heel unless that heel turn comes in a major, major fashion, the same way it had to happen with Hogan at Bash at the Beach.

Fans find it very difficult to boo certain guys — Sting, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, etc. Hogan was in that mix for a long time, and so too is Cena.

He is the next Hogan, though. The problem with turning him heel is that he's too loved by the majority of WWE's fans for them to really accept him as a heel unless that heel turn comes in a major, major fashion, the same way it had to happen with Hogan at Bash at the Beach.

Fans find it very difficult to boo certain guys — Sting, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, etc. Hogan was in that mix for a long time, and so too is Cena.

I think, at least from fan reaction, that currently CM Punk is more over than Cena. Punk gets some huge pops while Cena always gets mixed reactions now.