• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

HHH as commisioner has to be the best thing to happen to the WWE since Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's a fucking riot!

Still does nothing to make up for the tremendous amount of personality-less and talentless "superstars" they're parading around like certifiable all-stars.

HHH as commish may be nice, but it's a talent overhaul that'll get me to watch again. You could bring back all my WCW buddies every week and if it meant having to watch losers like Ted Biase Jr., I'd still never turn it on.

HHH as commisioner has to be the best thing to happen to the WWE since Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's a fucking riot!

Let's hope that HHH doesn't put himself over and make CM Punk look weak in this storyline. CM Punk is the BEST thing going right now in wrestling and has so much momentum. I don't think I would've had him return so fast yet though. I also would've had him appear in street clothes and come thru the crowd tonight or last night to make it look like he still wasn't "under contract", despit him being back now as he announced that off-air. I think they had him come back too soon.

God though, man, WWE programming is so hard to get thru, but I guess the WWE will now make you wait until the end of the show each week, and have something happen, or do something cool near or at the end of the show.

I like CM Punk's old theme music too, but I dig the new theme music too as i'm a Living Colour fan and love that song "Cult Of Personality".

I see them or think they'll be doing CM Punk vs HHH authority figure storyline, much like Steve Austin vs McMahon was in the late 90's.

Not saying it will be as popular as that storyline, but I think it could help maybe "save wrestling", or at least "save the WWE" from putting or helping put a stop to putting out a very bland, horrible, watered-down, generic product.

This CM Punk thing has me interested at least. And I would just like to say if they screw this up or even bury him, or mis-use him in any way, or have him job to Cena at Summerslam, if they face each other there, or have HHH make him look bad in any storyline, I will once again quit watching the WWE or wrestling altogether. The first time I stopped watching the WWE on a weekly basis was when Booker T in 2002-2003 was so or getting so over with the fans or the crowd, and he was CLEARLY ready to be put over and go to that next level. So what happens? At Wrestlemania 19, a match where Booker T was set to win the WWE title from HHH that night, they have HHH go over or win, or HHH has himself go over Booker T and win, a win that does nothing for HHH and a win that does nothing for Booker T in the end. When in fact if Booker T had actually won the title that night it would've catipulted him into that or onto that next level.

Booker T's career never recovered from that loss.

Ever since then, i've been on and off with the WWE, and before any of this CM Punk stuff took place, I had or hadn't watched any WWE programming for a good year.

So the fact they got me interested again is good. Granted it's one thing, but it's a big deal that this happened with CM Punk.

So they need to book or make CM Punk look strong in his feud(s) and storylines. He's the best and ONLY thing the WWE has going for it right now.

On another note, nice to see Jim Ross back, and finally get treated with respect by the WWE, and not embarassed, like he has been so many times by the WWE on-screen. Good to see Michael Cole getting embarassed instead, although I didn't see the point of that match, or Michael Cole wrestling.

Anyway, CM Punk has so much momentum right now and is so over with the fans right now too. I hope they don't blow it. But i'm not expecting much. So i'm gonna enjoy this while it lasts.

Let's hope that HHH doesn't put himself over and make CM Punk look weak in this storyline. CM Punk is the BEST thing going right now in wrestling and has so much momentum. I don't think I would've had him return so fast yet though. I also would've had him appear in street clothes and come thru the crowd tonight or last night to make it look like he still wasn't "under contract", despit him being back now as he announced that off-air. I think they had him come back too soon.

God though, man, WWE programming is so hard to get thru, but I guess the WWE will now make you wait until the end of the show each week, and have something happen, or do something cool near or at the end of the show.

Problem is, as you've already noted, they're still 90% generic shit, which means only 10% (estimated) of any show is actually worth watching. As I already told Matt (Sharpshooter), until HHH revamps the roster by injecting actual talent, not even CM Punk can get me to waste two hours of my life sitting through the vanilla garbage they have filling out the rest of the program. If I turn WWE programming on and have to see doorknob personalities like Ted DiBiase Jr., I'm changing the channel 10 times out of 10.

I like CM Punk's old theme music too, but I dig the new theme music too as i'm a Living Colour fan and love that song "Cult Of Personality".

Single greatest theme song since Hogan's "American Made" IMO. Also the single most á propos theme for the character coming out to it. Fits him to a T.

I see them or think they'll be doing CM Punk vs HHH authority figure storyline, much like Steve Austin vs McMahon was in the late 90's.

Not saying it will be as popular as that storyline, but I think it could help maybe "save wrestling", or at least "save the WWE" from putting or helping put a stop to putting out a very bland, horrible, watered-down, generic product.

No chance. Culture has changed, and it's a rehash which doesn't have the same "pow" as the initial Austin/McMahon storyline. In addition to that, neither HHH or CM Punk have hit the level of popularity/draw that Austin/McMahon did. Austin/McMahon re-defined an entire era in professional wrestling. HHH/Punk only has the potential to on paper, but I seriously doubt that potential will come to fruition.

Bring back 6 side.

Why? It was a useless gimmick that did nothing to help sell the company. If anything it hurt them because most classically trained wrestlers trained in a four-sided ring, which makes working the six-sided ring much more difficult as even a simple Irish Whip may not be executed properly which could result in injury or botches.

Worse yet, when TNA first started they used a four-sided ring, so I still can't see the argument for a six-sided ring when the only group of wrestlers it benefits are the X Division stars.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

- As noted before, WWE had six different scripts for last week's RAW where CM Punk returned and one plan was for Triple H to lay Punk out. The spot where Triple H would have hit Punk with a Pedigree was in the first, second, third and fourth script. Something happened, likely someone realized it was a bad idea, and the angle was edited out of the fifth script and then the 6th & final script.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

LOL!!! Yeah, that would've been good. Lay out and bury, as soon as he comes back, your most over, popular wrestler in your company right away. I wonder how long until CM Punk plays-uh the game-uh.

On another note CM Punk will be doing a can't miss promo, as he described on a TV appearence earlier today as soon as RAW begins. So I will definitely be watching that.

So i'm watching a stream for tonights WWE RAW, and classic WCW from 1993 is on right now before RAW starts. Hollywood Blondes (Brian Pillman & Steve Austin) vs Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas for the NWA/WCW tag team titles. Just figured i'd tell you, Phil. Good stuff.

Can't miss promo? Yeah right.

I could have missed that. Wouldn't have changed much.

Only valuable line uttered was the one where Punk talked about HHH talking about how guys "don't have what it takes" when he was laying in bed with his wife. Otherwise, status quo.

That mic was a pipe bomb when he threw guys like John Laurenitis under the bus, but that promo was totally average.

Can't miss promo? Yeah right.

I could have missed that. Wouldn't have changed much.

Only valuable line uttered was the one where Punk talked about HHH talking about how guys "don't have what it takes" when he was laying in bed with his wife. Otherwise, status quo.

That mic was a pipe bomb when he threw guys like John Laurenitis under the bus, but that promo was totally average.

I agree it was average. But I think they want to let this Punk-HHH thing build up more before they do more with this program. Just saying.

I also liked the part where he told HHH it was "just like looking in the mirror", and did the HHH impersonation.

I think there will more from this storyline when it gets heated up.

And that's when i'm guessing CM Punk will say what's on his mind.

He did mention, however, that the WWE did screw the pooch on the talent pool too. I'm sure you were smiling when he said that, because it's so true.

Yes, I smiled a bit at that, but I was really hoping for an Anderson reference, to be honest.

Stopped watching, though. Average promo. Nowhere near enough to make me want to sit through the rest of their turd polishing.

Yes, I smiled a bit at that, but I was really hoping for an Anderson reference, to be honest.

Stopped watching, though. Average promo. Nowhere near enough to make me want to sit through the rest of their turd polishing.

LOL!!! Believe me. It hurts sitting watching thru this other crap, but I guess I have to try to just to see if anything else happens with that.

I'll let you know if anything noteworthy happens.

I'm the sacrificial lamb lol.