• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Don't Wash Your Jeans" - Levi's CEO

Morphinity 2.0

Lol.

For casual wear.....(shopping, chores, etc.) they are perfect. Obviously, for a more "intimate" setting I'll wear a nice pair of jeans. For work, it has always been slacks.

I just threw down some solid $ for some nice cargos pants/shorts from Eddie Bauer. Don't hate.

:palm:

:palm:

What? Cargos to me are dressier than some jeans....like a step below khakis.

I don't wear the baggy ass cargos, they aren't sloppy looking. Maybe I can get away with it since I'm living on the edge of suburbia/country out here in Pennsyltucky.

This is not too bad.....

http://i61.tinypic.com/15qbtrt.jpg

I wear' date=' I wash - that simple.[/quote']

This. But I take a long walk every day with the dog in them and I free ball. So there's that.

They do fall apart after a couple years and then I chuck them or use them for yard work/dyi projects/painting.

Fashion Marketer here... The freeze is very viable, if you want that "fresh" color from when you bought it, freeze them otherwise obviously it will fade. Jeans are made to be pretty durable. If you do wash your jeans flip them inside out, prevents the color from fading and running on to other clothes.

Fashion Marketer here... The freeze is very viable, if you want that "fresh" color from when you bought it, freeze them otherwise obviously it will fade. Jeans are made to be pretty durable. If you do wash your jeans flip them inside out, prevents the color from fading and running on to other clothes.

I do this.

I understand freezing for odors, but how do you get jeans clean without washing them?

You're killing the lifespan of your clothes if you're getting things made of wool dry-cleaned after every wear

You're assuming that I'll want to wear my current clothing in a few years time, which is something I probably would not.

Styles change, fashion changes - hell our bodies change. I can move on from a pair of pants.

You're assuming that I'll want to wear my current clothing in a few years time, which is something I probably would not.

Styles change, fashion changes - hell our bodies change. I can move on from a pair of pants.

I can understand washing jeans after every wear, but I can't understand bringing something like a suit to the dry cleaner after every time you wear it

I can understand washing jeans after every wear, but I can't understand bringing something like a suit to the dry cleaner after every time you wear it

Not sure I said anything about a suit and at this point it's a straw man discussion, but I'll bite.

I wear a suit maybe, what, three times a year? If it is dirty, I dry clean it - if I wear it for all of 10 minutes, it hangs back up.

The point I was trying to make is that generally* I wash what I wear, should I wear it for any significant period of time. Of course there are small exemptions, but when it comes to daily or routine wear (such as jeans) I don't freeze, hang, store or inside-wash.

And something like a solid wool v-neck sweater doesn't go out of style, and a sui cleaner will wreck that in one season if you clean it after every wear.

When I said style I meant my own, which is why I mentioned fashion afterwards - I own timless polos that are in great condition that I never want to see again.

I have some of their commuter stuff that is treated with anti-moisture/odor and they say to wash it as little as possible to retain those qualities. I have only washed them a few times and I've had them over a year, and despite sweating in them a lot they don't stink.

For the other jeans, I could see how spot cleaning could work, but if I am working and get covered in sawdust, I have to wash after use.

Archived