• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Resigning & Vacation

Vodka Drunkenski

I plan to hand in my resignation notice tomorrow (not effective immediately). But I have a vacation scheduled the week of the 7th. Am I still entitled to that even though the following week will be my last? Or do I hand it in the day I come back?

No but I'm trying to be nice and not burn too many bridges.

Give your notice when you come back.

No but I'm trying to be nice and not burn too many bridges.

Give your notice, now. Earlier the better. Make sure you work the required amount of time you should give notice for - "2 week notice" + 1 week gone on vacation = 3 week notice

If you have a decent boss, it shouldn't be an issue. But, you may have policies preventing you from using paid time off during your notice. Check that stuff, first.

If you are still giving appropriate notice after your vacation, wait until after.

Give your notice, now. Earlier the better. Make sure you work the required amount of time you should give notice for - "2 week notice" + 1 week gone on vacation = 3 week notice

If you have a decent boss, it shouldn't be an issue. But, you may have policies preventing you from using paid time off during your notice. Check that stuff, first.

If you are still giving appropriate notice after your vacation, wait until after.

I would agree with this. You may not be entitled to your vacation time from this year if you have used up all your prior time. If you accrue time off that carries over from year to year, or its time you've earned in comp time, then they have to give it to you, ut if its vacation time they give you and that has to be used within that year, you could lose it.

...be prepared that they may say adios when you give them your notice. I worked for a company and due to the sensative nature of certain things I did, they felt it best that my separation be immediate. They paid me all vacation time that I was due but then again not all companies operate the same way.

If I were your boss and knowing you are taking scheduled vacation time, I would appreciate the 3 weeks notice of which you will only be there for 2 of them.

Archived