• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Ty Ronning in 7th Rd (201st) Pick

Phil

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except he’s nothing like Thomas aside from size. Thomas dominated the OHL, probably the easiest league, because he had a phenomenal shot. He was smaller Brandon Pirri. Ronning has a more rounded game and just throws everything on net. He’s more physical in doing so too. Thomas needed space and someone setting him up. Ronning makes whatever work.

One has nothing to do with the other. Even if I believes that, and I guess it's half true, that has nothing to do with quality.

They're businesses, not some benevolent pipeline for pro teams.

The East Conference is weak, the west conference is the best junior hockey in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Just looked him up on eliteprospects. Jesus...how many years can you play in the W?

Kid?s already 20 and played in 12 AHL games last season. Is that par for the course?

(I?m brand new to prospects, let alone 7th round picks)

Will this kid be in Hartford soon?

Just looked him up on eliteprospects. Jesus...how many years can you play in the W?

Kid’s already 20 and played in 12 AHL games last season. Is that par for the course?

(I’m brand new to prospects, let alone 7th round picks)

Will this kid be in Hartford soon?

They haven't actually signed him. After his junior season last year he signed a tryout contract to play with the pack. The have until June 1 this year to sign him. I'd imagine he'll be back in Hartford after his junior season is over. They look like they'll be in the playoffs this year though, so his juniors season may be longer than the Packs'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived