• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#45) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers // Phuck the Phlyers

Future

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grabner and Nash are both worth firsts. I'd sell. Three firsts this season plus two last would really help the rebuild.

Big shoes to fill on the defensive end with those gone. I?m not against it but trading just for picks isn?t enough for me. Between the two they should be able to get at least one roster player back.

But can Chytil/Andersson be ready in time? My prob with trading Grabs is he fits our system so well. We don't have a forward that fast who creates offense on his and defends well. Maybe Kreider could do a bit of that with his speed...

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

In time for what? What system?

Is bombing a pass for a breakaway a system? You don't hang on to him because he fits "AV's system." You hang on to him if he has more value on the team than a 1st round pick. It's up to the front office to either continue wallowing in the wildcard until Hank retires or begin to restock the cupboards.

Big shoes to fill on the defensive end with those gone. I’m not against it but trading just for picks isn’t enough for me. Between the two they should be able to get at least one roster player back.

I think so to, but I have a feeling the Rangers will be buyers.

In time for what? What system?

Is bombing a pass for a breakaway a system? You don't hang on to him because he fits "AV's system." You hang on to him if he has more value on the team than a 1st round pick. It's up to the front office to either continue wallowing in the wildcard until Hank retires or begin to restock the cupboards.

If the plan is to get Hank a cup, management has a tough decision there. I hope those first round picks are NHL ready or our record will suffer. Which is no problem unless the get-Hank-a-cup push continues. Maybe he'll settle for winning one as a backup in the future, who knows? It's tough to lose Grabner, but more than 3 mil/yr contract push could have us send him out anyway.

I don't think we can be consistent enough to win the cup this year, but it'll sting to lose him and Nash, and Zuc and Mac eventually. Will these first rd picks be the answer?

Sure, by 2020.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Big shoes to fill on the defensive end with those gone. I?m not against it but trading just for picks isn?t enough for me. Between the two they should be able to get at least one roster player back.

Not without term left. Both are UFA this summer. You might get another UFA in return though.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Whats the big deal?

For starters he?s been one of the most reliable defensemen for weeks now. Secondly, the alternative is Kampfer.

Not without term left. Both are UFA this summer. You might get another UFA in return though.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

True. We?ll just have to wait and see I guess.

If the plan is to get Hank a cup, management has a tough decision there. I hope those first round picks are NHL ready or our record will suffer. Which is no problem unless the get-Hank-a-cup push continues. Maybe he'll settle for winning one as a backup in the future, who knows? It's tough to lose Grabner, but more than 3 mil/yr contract push could have us send him out anyway.

I don't think we can be consistent enough to win the cup this year, but it'll sting to lose him and Nash, and Zuc and Mac eventually. Will these first rd picks be the answer?

Sure, by 2020.

If the Rangers' entire plan is to get one player a Stanley Cup (let alone a 35 yo) they're fucked. That's not a plan for a professional organization and if that's their plan they should trade him to a contender ala Ray Borque.

If the Rangers' entire plan is to get one player a Stanley Cup (let alone a 35 yo) they're fucked. That's not a plan for a professional organization and if that's their plan they should trade him to a contender ala Ray Borque.
That's the impression I get from around here and the "on-the-fly" rebuild. Hank's our franchise's foundation and the only true star. Nash Grabner, Mac and Zuc could be gone in the next few years. I don't know if management will really make lasting change until Hank hangs em up or signs a new contract. We can hope though O guess haha.

Igor is probably 2 years out, may be 3. Somebody is gonna play those minutes in goal, why not have a good one.

Not sure at his cap number Lundqvist has that much value. Not saying there isn't a team out there thinking they're a great goalie away from having a shot, but cannot say I know of one. Looks like most teams are content to have a pretty good one. Again, what value can you really expect if despite Lundqvist's greatness a really good goalie at a lower cap hit isn;t that much of a dropoff?

Archived