• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

The Dude

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’ll check in Miller place and or wading river since they are closest. Why do you recommend there? I’m not in a rush but I have a good extra half an acre of property that I want to try and make useable so yeah. 

Sorry its Miller Place, Northport, and Dix Hills.  So at least the Miller Place spot still works for you.  They are very meticulous about screening their soil to get rid of debris.  They also offer mixes such as soil/sand(great for leveling), soil/loam, soil/compost, etc.

6 hours ago, CCCP said:

Where’s the Rangers flag?

I do have a flag pole that I haven't installed yet.  I am trying to sell it though as I prefer a one piece pole instead of the collapsible one that I currently have.  Still new in the box too.  Anyways, I do have a nice American flag, a Marine Corps flag, and a Rangers flag to fly when I do eventually erect it (giggity).

5 hours ago, Morphinity said:

I've got a couple of holes in my lawn I want to fill - one from the "For Sale" sign that I never filled since we moved in and one from a rabbit hole from this summer that my dog sniffed out. How do I fill these holes up? 

With dirt lol.

• Thanks 1

Last week my son was going to town on the faucet in a bathroom. I twisted it back down. 2 days later, a small dribble at the bottom of the faucet, Today, I see see a small water spot on the floor, look and the shits been leaking all down the inside of the vanity. Looking underneath, you can see a small steady dribble when the water is on (or for a few minutes after it was on).

I this just a replacement at this point? As in the entire vanity, sink, etc al. Its on that mounted shit, so I dont even know if I can get in to look at it.

essentially this, probably an older model

chrome-delta-centerset-bathroom-faucets-

35 minutes ago, josh said:

Last week my son was going to town on the faucet in a bathroom. I twisted it back down. 2 days later, a small dribble at the bottom of the faucet, Today, I see see a small water spot on the floor, look and the shits been leaking all down the inside of the vanity. Looking underneath, you can see a small steady dribble when the water is on (or for a few minutes after it was on).

I this just a replacement at this point? As in the entire vanity, sink, etc al. Its on that mounted shit, so I dont even know if I can get in to look at it.

essentially this, probably an older model

chrome-delta-centerset-bathroom-faucets-

Renovate entire bathroom, simple fix

• LOL 1

I think you can just replace the faucet. Who cares about the vanity, they're all throw away garbage, anyways. 

Anyways, I got both my new garage door up, and entrance door. We have a custom bungalow, kind of modern with the big sloping roof over garage, with a loft on it. 

It's all red brick, we put fancy modern doors in, all black with the horizontal glass inserts. Looks amazing, and cost was about 15k for both. 

My wife drove through the garage door last week. lol. 

Edited by Dunny
  • LOL 4

• 1 month later...

Closed on Monday. Moved in Tuesday. Unpacking Wednesday. I'm wiped

Also during our final walkthrough there was an issue with the stovetop where the spark plug module and spark electrode were shorting and constantly clicking, so I don't have a stove or oven for the next 7-10 business days. Working to try and get compensation from the sellers since it was an issue from before the close. Over $800 to repair it.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Also during our final walkthrough there was an issue with the stovetop where the spark plug module and spark electrode were shorting and constantly clicking, so I don't have a stove or oven for the next 7-10 business days. Working to try and get compensation from the sellers since it was an issue from before the close. Over $800 to repair it.

Congrats dude. Ill hopefully dealing with the former on Tuesday and not the latter when we do our closing. 

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Should come right out of their escrow 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Should come right out of their escrow 

I mean, we closed. No more escrow account between the two of us. They got their money and they’re out. 

spoke to the seller today. He’s having his own tech come out and make an estimate. Gonna just settle for whatever the cheaper tech is and I’ll pay the difference for my guy. Had him order parts since it’s a 7-10 day ship time

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I mean, we closed. No more escrow account between the two of us. They got their money and they’re out. 

spoke to the seller today. He’s having his own tech come out and make an estimate. Gonna just settle for whatever the cheaper tech is and I’ll pay the difference for my guy. Had him order parts since it’s a 7-10 day ship time

Are you sure of that? From what I’ve undersold, the seller always has some money in reserve for exactly this stuff. Just make sure with your lawyer and all that.

13 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Don't back down either. Had similar issues when I bought my home. 

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Are you sure of that? From what I’ve undersold, the seller always has some money in reserve for exactly this stuff. Just make sure with your lawyer and all that.

I spoke to my lawyer and he said it's absolutely the seller's responsibility since it was a known issue before close. Definitely not backing down on it, really trying to not be out an extra $900 when I just spent essentially my life saving's excluding retirement funds on a home. 

From the communication back and forth he seems willing to pay for it. I don't care where the money comes from as long as I get a check.

My wife is a home economics teacher so she's bringing home a hot plate and a toaster oven from school until we get the stove fixed in two weeks LOL

• VINNY! 1

Hopefully in the last couple of days of the kitchen Reno. cost us quite a bit but its money we had, vs. putting everything on credit cards so its not the end of the world. Running us 27k. the only headache has been appliance delivery.

I guess when appliance salespeople say that they definitely have the items in stock and can guarantee delivery on a certain day when your project has started, it turns out they aren't always being honest. Also after you pay in full in advance, they sometimes try to tell you you didn't. who woulda thought salespeople wouldn't be totally honest? 🙃

Is there a better hack for removing static electricity than wiping everything down with dryer sheets? I also got a humidifier, but it's reading as 60% humidity already

Goal is to not short out my pc components or peripherals, since I've shocked my keyboard at least six or seven times and I don't wanna replace it

Edited by Cash or Czech