• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

Albatrosss

• 8 months later...

Prague is great. We're staying in Prague2, so nicely away from crowds, but only a short walk.

Daughter is in the Dance World Cup, which is retarded but at least it got me here. 

Biggest shock is going from a car obsessed culture to an actual culture lol. Prices are great, too.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Was supposed to go to Israel on Saturday to celebrate my daughters Bat Mitzvah, do a 10 day tour with 10 family members and for obvious reasons we had to postpone.

Instead we are going to London in August......and for my daughter to hopefully see Taylor Swift in concert.

Day 1 is over for the Canadian Acro Team. Very clean routine. I know as much about dance as Pete does about hockey, but I'd say we're in top 5. I'd put Bulgaria at #1. Very avant garde. Very beautiful dancing from Team Bulgaria. I could see the influence from the great Bulgarian femboy Alexander Georgiev.

Typical dirty tricks from Team Spain, but will the judges hold them accountable? Hard to say! Did Canada do enough to get in to the showcase final? I hope not! If they didn't, I'm a free man!

• LMFAO 3

58 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Day 1 is over for the Canadian Acro Team. Very clean routine. I know as much about dance as Pete does about hockey, but I'd say we're in top 5. I'd put Bulgaria at #1. Very avant garde. Very beautiful dancing from Team Bulgaria. I could see the influence from the great Bulgarian femboy Alexander Georgiev.

Typical dirty tricks from Team Spain, but will the judges hold them accountable? Hard to say! Did Canada do enough to get in to the showcase final? I hope not! If they didn't, I'm a free man!

I'd say you know more about dance than you do about hockey.

On 6/27/2024 at 8:34 AM, Dunny said:

Prague is great. We're staying in Prague2, so nicely away from crowds, but only a short walk.

Daughter is in the Dance World Cup, which is retarded but at least it got me here. 

Biggest shock is going from a car obsessed culture to an actual culture lol. Prices are great, too.

Try the pig knuckle or whatever its called. Its awesomely delicious.  Czech beer is great too. 

On 6/27/2024 at 8:40 AM, Blue Heaven said:

Was supposed to go to Israel on Saturday to celebrate my daughters Bat Mitzvah, do a 10 day tour with 10 family members and for obvious reasons we had to postpone.

Instead we are going to London in August......and for my daughter to hopefully see Taylor Swift in concert.

That sucks. My wife and I were in Israel in October of 2022 for the first time. Loved it. 

5 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

planning a trip to mainland Greece in October.  Gonna see the sights.  Anyone been?  Thoughts?

Athens is cool for a night. Dont waste your time here go see the islands if you can. The acropolis a few museums and maybe restaurants were good but other than that we spent 3 days there and regretted it.

Crete was awesome. Also has like 3/5 nicest beaches in Greece on 1 island.

Enjoy the food it was pretty much amazing everywhere. We didnt go to Santorini or any of the heavy tourist spots because everyone who advised us basically said it was so tourist heavy it wasnt even enjoyable- few people since we went have gone and said the same thing. Not sure how much tourism they get in October though. 

12 minutes ago, siddious said:

Athens is cool for a night. Dont waste your time here go see the islands if you can. The acropolis a few museums and maybe restaurants were good but other than that we spent 3 days there and regretted it.

Crete was awesome. Also has like 3/5 nicest beaches in Greece on 1 island.

Enjoy the food it was pretty much amazing everywhere. We didnt go to Santorini or any of the heavy tourist spots because everyone who advised us basically said it was so tourist heavy it wasnt even enjoyable- few people since we went have gone and said the same thing. Not sure how much tourism they get in October though. 

we were going to do one day tour of Athens, then one day to Delphi, then other sites for 2 more days.  Wasnt really planning on going to any islands or beaches since its going to be late October/early November.  The remaining days i was thinking to just hang out in Athens, walk around, maybe do some shopping.  

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

we were going to do one day tour of Athens, then one day to Delphi, then other sites for 2 more days.  Wasnt really planning on going to any islands or beaches since its going to be late October/early November.  The remaining days i was thinking to just hang out in Athens, walk around, maybe do some shopping.  

i think youre still in the 70's over there in october if you do want to do the beach. water stays warm. We went in late september and it was perfect if not still hot.

Just now, siddious said:

i think youre still in the 70's over there in october if you do want to do the beach. water stays warm. We went in late september and it was perfect if not still hot.

so you definitely suggest a day or two in Crete?  I've only been to Mykonos and Rodos before

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I didn't go to work for about 3 weeks but we didn't really go anywhere.  Quick impromptu trip to Dutch Wonderland was it.  Today is my first day back to work since 7/3 and I am already looking to kill someone or myself.

What’s a Dutch Wonderland?

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Was hoping to go to Croatia this summer but being out of work for so many months, just wasn’t feasible.  Luckily my in-laws decided to take the entire family on a cruise to the Bahamas last month, which was a lot of fun

Nice in-laws.  How was the weather? 

3 weeks until London trip commences.....still no Taytay tixs in hand.  Prices are f'n insane for London while everywhere else in Europe is f'n dirt cheap in comparison to Wembley Stadium.  

Trying to convince the other family we are going with to go to the West Ham - Aston Villa game but they want to leave the option open of potentially seeing Taylor Swift that night if tix prices start to drop.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

26 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

3 weeks until London trip commences.....still no Taytay tixs in hand.  Prices are f'n insane for London while everywhere else in Europe is f'n dirt cheap in comparison to Wembley Stadium.  

Trying to convince the other family we are going with to go to the West Ham - Aston Villa game but they want to leave the option open of potentially seeing Taylor Swift that night if tix prices start to drop.  

check out JetBlue, they are running sales on tickets to Europe.