• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers @ Minnesota Wild // The State of Suck-ey

Phil

I’m questioning if any of them have gotten better this year.

Chyl: regressed from where he was the first 20 games

Howden: ditto (and how do you give PP time to a guy who has scored one goal in 37 games. I doubt there is another player as ineffective as he has been who has gotten as much ice time as he has in the entire league)

Pionk: regressed

Vesey: Used to look good for a whole game here and there. Now he looks good for a couple of shifts here and there.

Buchnevich: Modestly improved perhaps.

Andersson: Same as he was at the start of the year.

DeAngelo: modestly improved but troubling issues remain.

Is there any reason to believe that young players who have not improved with experience over the course of a season will be better next year? Chyl is so young and obviously not ready for the grind of an NHL season, so perhaps you give him a bit of a pass, but not the rest. But even Chyl I would not have expected to lose intensity half way through his second long North American season.

How's that rebuild looking so far?

Chyl: regressed from where he was the first 20 games

Howden: ditto (and how do you give PP time to a guy who has scored one goal in 37 games. I doubt there is another player as ineffective as he has been who has gotten as much ice time as he has in the entire league)

Pionk: regressed

Vesey: Used to look good for a whole game here and there. Now he looks good for a couple of shifts here and there.

Buchnevich: Modestly improved perhaps.

Andersson: Same as he was at the start of the year.

DeAngelo: modestly improved but troubling issues remain.

Is there any reason to believe that young players who have not improved with experience over the course of a season will be better next year? Chyl is so young and obviously not ready for the grind of an NHL season, so perhaps you give him a bit of a pass, but not the rest. But even Chyl I would not have expected to lose intensity half way through his second long North American season.

How's that rebuild looking so far?

Scarier thought is stockpiling draft picks might minimize the chance a player you take is a stiff. But a pile of high draft picks is not a guarantee as Buffalo and Edmonton could show you. There's nobody so far with the young kids who has shown himself to be an offensive force. Now, that could change. But not so far.

Vesey pisses me off. Get the sense as a guy who went to Harvard and having a scout for a dad he thinks he's spot in the NHL is a lock. And so far his production is mostly shit, what ever spark of talent you see.

Chytil and Howden deserved to make the team but it's clear that the 82 game schedule has just been too much for them.

If Chytil, Howden, Andersson, and Hajek were all in the minors and then you stick in Kravstov and a few more players next year, Hartford wouldn't suck.

This idea that a 19 year old has to go straight to the NHL is such utter bullshit. Yes the NHL is younger but none of our prospects are Connor McDavid.

The ideal pathway should look more like Mark Scheifele's and less like everyone on the Oilers.

Chytil and Howden deserved to make the team but it's clear that the 82 game schedule has just been too much for them.

If Chytil, Howden, Andersson, and Hajek were all in the minors and then you stick in Kravstov and a few more players next year, Hartford wouldn't suck.

This idea that a 19 year old has to go straight to the NHL is such utter bullshit. Yes the NHL is younger but none of our prospects are Connor McDavid.

The ideal pathway should look more like Mark Scheifele's and less like everyone on the Oilers.

Scheifele was only 20 when he got some real playing time with the Jets. This seems like a bad example to make your point.

No, he wasn't. He was playing in junior. Only ever played 10 AHL playoff games. Essentially went straight from junior to the NHL.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hmm. Not according to NHL.com stats. They have him playing 7 games his draft year and 4 the year after.

Either way, that's not the point. The point is, there's no need to rush these players into the NHL at 19 and 20.

Archived