• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

13 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

* one today lol. But yeah it’s frustrating but still overall happy. Daughter refuses to go until it’s an emergency scared of pooping I guess

My daughter was like that too.  Both peeing and pooping.  Her favorite excuse was "I was just having so much fun playing/doing _____ that I didn't want to stop"

2 hours ago, Pete said:

That's not bad. Just don't get too hung up on the regressions, and there will be some instances of regression. 

My kid was fully potty trained, went to the potty sat down on it, took a shit, was so proud of himself and was calling us over... There was no shit in the potty. He forgot to take his pants off. 

Lol that sounds very boy like 

doing one of each sex it’s crazy the difference 

my son just wants to go as much as possible so he ends up only doing a little bit, then sitting back down for more and is so excited (missed the potty with a poop yesterday because of it) and my daughter is just holding it as long as possible 

16 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Lol that sounds very boy like 

doing one of each sex it’s crazy the difference 

my son just wants to go as much as possible so he ends up only doing a little bit, then sitting back down for more and is so excited (missed the potty with a poop yesterday because of it) and my daughter is just holding it as long as possible 

My daughter has more accidents, for the same reasons. She was having fun or too caught up pretending... She'd get really quiet and then we'd look for her and she'd be hiding somewhere pooping. 

On 7/23/2024 at 2:36 PM, Keirik said:

The good news is that my wife is tsking a year off of work so I'll be back in the mix before you know it. Or die trying lol 

...no, you won't. But good on you for still believing. Do not go gentle into that good night.

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 2

On 7/20/2024 at 12:31 PM, Keirik said:

Newest Ranger fan in the Keirik household. Meet my son Kalab Lawrence, born 7/20 at 537am. 7 lbs 10 oz, C section, and both mama and baby are doing great. He joins his sister Kaia who just turned 15 months about a week ago . Gonna be one helluva ride! Let's goooooooo! Screenshot_20240720_122654_Gallery.jpg

Congrats!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2024 at 11:49 PM, Keirik said:

I feel like Baghdad would be less of a war zone than my house right now. 

My guy, you're absolutely fucked as soon as he starts walking and terrorizing the house.

My 4 y.o. son is still a menace and my 2 y.o son is now running around wreaking havoc too. The worst part is when one of them does something "bad" the other laughs and it fuels the both of them to do it more. It's also hard for my wife and I not to laugh at the boys laughing so much about stuff like that sometimes, which makes it even worse. It's a nasty reinforcement loop. Every piece of our home is getting abused. Floors, floorboards, furniture, dents in the dishwasher and refrigerator from a pushed toy dump truck traveling 20 mph across the floor. It's absolutely a war zone.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

My guy, you're absolutely fucked as soon as he starts walking and terrorizing the house.

My 4 y.o. son is still a menace and my 2 y.o son is now running around wreaking havoc too. The worst part is when one of them does something "bad" the other laughs and it fuels the both of them to do it more. It's also hard for my wife and I not to laugh at the boys laughing so much about stuff like that sometimes, which makes it even worse. It's a nasty reinforcement loop. Every piece of our home is getting abused. Floors, floorboards, furniture, dents in the dishwasher and refrigerator from a pushed toy dump truck traveling 20 mph across the floor. It's absolutely a war zone.

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office
-the 1 kid club 

• LMFAO 2

7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’d give them up for adoption 

• Eyeballs 1

You guys hate all this shit now, and I get it, so did I.

Fair warning, they will be 8 or 9 before you know it, too cool for you  and you will cry yourself to sleep only for the chance to experience it all again. The cuddles, and the chaos. Embrace it, it can't be replaced with a schnauzer. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dunny said:

You guys hate all this shit now, and I get it, so did I.

Fair warning, they will be 8 or 9 before you know it, too cool for you  and you will cry yourself to sleep only for the chance to experience it all again. The cuddles, and the chaos. Embrace it, it can't be replaced with a schnauzer. 

Mine are 10,8 and 5. I spent majority of the older ones lives working as a cop and prioritizing my career because that job requires a demanding lifestyle. I transitioned into the private sector when the youngest was two. If I could be present for them all again like I have been with her, I would in a heartbeat. If I could also go back and exhibit more patience, I certainly would jump at that opportunity. Life flies by with kids. I'm just shocked daily how old my kids have gotten and make a point to live in the moment with them because it all goes by way to fast.

• Cheers 1