• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#34) Rangers v. Toronto Maple Leafs // GO LEA...Let's Go Rangers!

High and Wide

They hired the wrong coach and Quinn is an idiot. Stop changing lines that where working and consistent. Now you have messed with Chytl and Kakko playing on a shit line and they look lost. The new motto is “ Ypu won’t win with Quinn”

He needs to figure out how to use talent... and sometimes that’s letting guys do what they do best.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The shot totals of these games are ridiculous. How can any team sustain a winning streak or A SINGLE win facing 40+ shots per night? When scoring 3 goals is barely enough to win a game and your goalies are standing on their heads nightly, it might be time for a new approach and new D coach. This isn't going to work or get better without some kind of overhaul.

I can only say that I hope this skid is stanched quickly, because a couple more losses and we are going to be far out of a playoff spot and the second half of the season is going to look like the second half of the last two, which is to say very unrewarding to watch. You can debate whether we should be making the playoffs in season three of the rebuild, but you can't debate whether we should be competing for one.

I can only say that I hope this skid is stanched quickly, because a couple more losses and we are going to be far out of a playoff spot and the second half of the season is going to look like the second half of the last two, which is to say very unrewarding to watch. You can debate whether we should be making the playoffs in season three of the rebuild, but you can't debate whether we should be competing for one.
Sure you can.

Any wins this team has is smoke and mirrors. Look at any shot differential or expected goals chart. This team is all by itself in the land of putrid.

They leak high danger shots and they can't fucking score unless your name is Panarin or Zib.

This should be nothing more than a development year for some players, a "let's see where you are* for others, and a "sell" for a few.

It does seem like reality is starting to take root. They owe the hockey gods a lot of L's to even out their previous, unearned, fortune.

Still a lot of garbage on the roster, and youth that just isn't ready. SN was characterizing their rebuild last night as an on-the-fly type deal and it's hard to argue.

They have lots of holdovers in Hank, Staal, Smith, Skjei, and Kreider. All of whom suck, only one of whom can be moved for assets.

It does seem like reality is starting to take root. They owe the hockey gods a lot of L's to even out their previous, unearned, fortune.

Still a lot of garbage on the roster, and youth that just isn't ready. SN was characterizing their rebuild last night as an on-the-fly type deal and it's hard to argue.

They have lots of holdovers in Hank, Staal, Smith, Skjei, and Kreider. All of whom suck, only one of whom can be moved for assets.

Next two years, lots of contracts coming off the books. Basically Panarin, Zib, Kakko, Trouba, Skejei, Fox are the only ones with more than 1.5 years left on their contract (signed past 2020-2021 season)

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Last few games are a reality check that we are still rebuilding. We've got a chance in the next year or two to decide who is going to be part of the core moving forward. We've got to solidify our defense and figure out life after Lundqvist (which means getting Shesterkin starts). We need to construct 4 cohesive forward lines, and find upgrades where needed.

We don't need assets back for all of them, just get their contract off the books. Just clearing Skjei's long term contract would be helpful.

When do we start to get on the Glocesterman for his bad drafting? Ok Kakko was everyone in the NHL's consensus to be good and has grossly underwhelmed in every facet, but the rest? Anderssen, Skjei, Buchnevich, Chytil, Kravtsov who we had to wait a year to see then bolted back to Russia because he couldn't cut it in the NHL, on and on. The Rangers are the NHL's version of the NY Jets with terrible FO management (before JD) obviously couldn't draft worth a shit. Panarin was a no brainer to sign for if we did not, we would have won maybe 2 games all season. Hoping JD can inject some of his wisdom as he did in STL and CMH to bring in some big, tough, fast and gritty NHL caliber players instead of Gorton's marshmallows. Right now we are so effed with no hope for this season, and will be waiting for mid June once again to see where our lottery pick lands. It just feels very "Jetsy to me over at MSG.

When do we start to get on the Glocesterman for his bad drafting? Ok Kakko was everyone in the NHL's consensus to be good and has grossly underwhelmed in every facet, but the rest? Anderssen, Skjei, Buchnevich, Chytil, Kravtsov who we had to wait a year to see then bolted back to Russia because he couldn't cut it in the NHL, on and on. The Rangers are the NHL's version of the NY Jets with terrible FO management (before JD) obviously couldn't draft worth a shit. Panarin was a no brainer to sign for if we did not, we would have won maybe 2 games all season. Hoping JD can inject some of his wisdom as he did in STL and CMH to bring in some big, tough, fast and gritty NHL caliber players instead of Gorton's marshmallows. Right now we are so effed with no hope for this season, and will be waiting for mid June once again to see where our lottery pick lands. It just feels very "Jetsy to me over at MSG.

In August the Rangers were ranked the #1 prospect pool in the league so, I'm sorry you're disappointed they're not all NHL stars yet but the Rangers have done a pretty damn good job drafting.

They are the youngest team in the league and it looks like they've finally hit a wall. They've already played more games this season than many of them have ever played in their lives. Fox isn't as sharp. Kakko isn't effective. Howden has all but ceased to exist. Hell, even Georgiev, DeAngleo and some of the other 2nd year guys have hit a bit of a skid. This season was always about developing and hoping to somehow sneak into the playoffs. They're within sneaking distance but it's looking less and less likely... which is okay.

There are huge holes in the lineup which could only been seen by playing the games. I wouldn't be shocked to see Rykov, Sheterkin and Kravstov up in February.

I don't agree with everything here, but I do agree that Gorton gets far to much credit for certain things where he was either incredibly lucky, or just happenstance. As you said:

1. Panarin no brainer. He offered the most he possibly good and Panarin took it.

2. Trouba forced a trade to NY

3. Fox forced a trade to NY

4. Lucky and default pick for Kakko

That said, moving Stepan/Raanta to Arizona for #7 in notable weak draft year, huge swing and a miss hoping Petterson was there, bigger swing and miss with Anderson. Chytil shows promise but I'd be surprised if he amounted to more than a 40-50 point player. Kravtsov is probably more talented that Wahlstrom, but look how that's going with Krav because Russia/KHL.

The later picks look good (Key, Lindqvist, Henriksson) but striking out on so many early picks is a huge fuckup.

While I think Quinn gets a bad rap for simply not playing fan favorites (although how Lias and Krav can be favorites right now is beyond me), I also don't love him as a coach.

By my ledger he is personally responsible for far more bad moves than the engineer of good ones.

I think that breaks it down to really simple terms. It's pretty daunting.

Yup.

The reality is begining to look like this won't be quick. Between the aforementioned contracts and underwhelming youth (Kakko, Kravtsov, Chytil, Andersson) we've seen so far this is going to take a lot more time.