• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS Discussion

Parsley

10 hours ago, Parsley said:

Embarrassing. More proof this team, coach, GM and QB are in need of a purge. 

I watched enough of this one to feel like I should say this:

I don't think Daniel Jones was the problem here. Heck, he was borderline great. A few overthrown targets. Some real bad penalties pulled serious yardage off of him and (I know, I know) the refs were bad in the first half. The hold they called on the Jones scramble TD was ridiculous, they missed a blatant PI on McKinney - wasn't very consistent.

Should have won this one. Didn't.

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Daniel Jones had a hell of a game.  He was basically the whole damn show!

Yea. I'm usually hard on Jones but he played his ass off. Had a couple of errors but nothing that cost this team the game. Can't say the same for the defense or receivers. 

They're the new Cleveland Browns. 

21 hours ago, Shane Falco said:

Yea. I'm usually hard on Jones but he played his ass off. Had a couple of errors but nothing that cost this team the game. Can't say the same for the defense or receivers. 

They're the new Cleveland Browns. 

Hang in there Shane...They did show some positives...and Barkley didn't really get going either.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Shane Falco said:

I hear you, ozzy. I’m going to continue watching regardless. Just tired of the same song and dance every year. 

I really like Daniel Jones though.  The kid's got game...I wanna that defense play better though.  I think they're better than what we've been seeing.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I really like Daniel Jones though.  The kid's got game...I wanna that defense play better though.  I think they're better than what we've been seeing.

What is there to like about him? I'm not a huge football fan, but I pay attention enough to know he's nothing more than average. Average is fine if you're Eli Manning and surrounded by the right people, but that's not him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

What is there to like about him? I'm not a huge football fan, but I pay attention enough to know he's nothing more than average. Average is fine if you're Eli Manning and surrounded by the right people, but that's not him. 

He's kind of like Chris Kreider. He's smart. He's got the tools. He knows what he's supposed to be doing. He has one or two clear flaws in his game that almost entirely negate all the good.

5 minutes ago, G1000 said:

He's kind of like Chris Kreider. He's smart. He's got the tools. He knows what he's supposed to be doing. He has one or two clear flaws in his game that almost entirely negate all the good.

Flaws like he's not a good qb?

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Flaws like he's not a good qb?

Hard to say, really, because he shows it in fits and spurts. He's not super consistent, which is probably the biggest issue. He's not really great at finding secondary options. He has ball security issues.

He's got an arm. He knows how to move when he sees an opening. He can run an offense up the field - all of that is clear. It's all on whether he can get better at checkdowns and get some consistency in place. 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, Pete said:

Fair question, Pete...

He seems pretty fearless in the pocket when he drops back.  He does have very good speed and decent ability to avoid contact, but even with the Giants inability to block consistently, he still seems to be unfazed by the opposing rushers.  That's something you can't teach a guy in my opinion.  He's got a good arm, and seems to be able to create as well as improvise to get yards.

He's still very young and has miles to go to be a finished product in my eyes, but I think he has some very good potential....if he doesn't get killed back there!!!  LOL

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

He fucking sucks and it was a mistake drafting him where they did.  But I respect your opinions of him.

He wasn't worth the 6th overall when he would have been there at 17. I can't make any argument otherwise. I just don't buy that he's a bad QB - the toolbox is very much there. 

I don’t know if I can blame Judge and Garrett yet. The team they inherited was hot garbage. This team has basically no talent. Gettleman needs to go and never work in the NFL again, but I would like to see what Judge and Garrett can do with some kind of talent. That won’t happen, they will clean house, hopefully, after the season.