• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

“The NHL and NHLPA have been involved with all parties for quite some time,” Darren Dreger said. “An interesting twist is that teams with trade interest Jack Eichel are being given the medical information as it’s being collected. So the process is moving along.”

Recently, on the latest edition of the newly named 32 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman suggested that the Sabres should do this with Jack’s permission.

“There are some teams that feel the same way Buffalo does about the surgery (getting a fusion),” Friedman said. “There are teams legitimately interested in trading for Eichel, who feel they don’t have all the information. How can you make the best possible offer for Jack Eichel without knowing exactly what all the doctors are saying? My goal to end the log jam is that teams can see his records.”

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/nhl-roundup-leafs-extend-coach-sabres-give-eichel-medicals-to-interested-teams-toews-returns-and-more/

https://theathletic.com/2875312/2021/10/08/lebrun-the-latest-on-renewed-jack-eichel-trade-talks/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

But there’s also the little detail of shoehorning Eichel’s $10 million AAV into a team’s cap situation. Remember, if Eichel comes back before the end of the regular season after having his surgery, and four months from mid-October is mid-February, then teams have to have the cap room to carry Eichel.

The Flyers kept tabs on it early on as well but with all their offseason moves, I don’t think they feel like it makes sense anymore. The Rangers have forever been linked to Eichel. I don’t sense they’re as much in it anymore.

16 minutes ago, G1000 said:

That quote is a tangled web. "As much in it" what does that mean? If the set up established them as favorites, it simply means that's no longer the case, but could still be among the leading candidates.

What's funny about these articles and this whole situation is that it's clear people don't know what's going on. Nobody wants to make a declarative statement. "I don't sense they're as much in it anymore" has even Pierre in such a noncommittal pretzel it's not even a proper sentence lol

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It probably won't happen this year since he's probably not going to play. I fully expect it to happen in the offseason or next season, especially if Zibanejad doesn't come to terms. I think the Rangers are still waiting in the wings until Mika's situation plays itself out.

Vince mentioned last week he thought Mika might get done before the season starts actually. Who knows if that plays out but he felt like it was possible. 

2 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Vince mentioned last week he thought Mika might get done before the season starts actually. Who knows if that plays out but he felt like it was possible. 

Oh, really? I missed that. That is interesting, and would be nice to get done ASAP.

Also, yeah, this is why I hate reporting on Twitter sometimes. Either people rush to conclusions without really know anything and/or they twist their own words to make themselves sound knowledgeable. I just can't. lol Wake me up when something actually happens.

6 minutes ago, G1000 said:

It's probably worth noting that there's an entire article around the quote. ?

That would mean we'd have to read the entire article to form an opinion instead of just reading the headline or a small blurb and going from there. This is the internet. We don't do that.