• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn being a shit coach (which he is) really has nothing to do with Tony Deangelo and his attitude problems my guy. You?re defending damaged goods like a used car salesman trying to con an ignorant buyer.

Tony was suspended twice in the OHL, once for berating an official and again for racist remarks. And his OHL coaches absolutely fucking hated him. He was a shit teammate when things weren?t going well by all accounts (lol wow crazy coincidence amirite?).

Despite this, he was considered the best offensive defense in the OHL for his draft year and in the 2014 draft he was taken 19th overall by the Lightening, only to then be traded from Tampa to Arizona a year later.

Why was he traded? During his stint in Syracuse, despite being offensively productive (6 goals/37 assists) he was scratched 8 times for being completely undisciplined in his play and woeful in his own zone, and was generally considered a head case by the coaching staff (lol wow crazy coincidence amirite?).

In Arizona, he was relatively fine to deal with in 25 games playing for their AHL affiliate the Tucson Roadrunners before being called up, where he?d shortly after he suspended by the nhl for physical abuse of an official. He would then be included to the NYR in the Stepan trade.

We all know what he?s done in his time here, so why is this a Quinn problem. The dude had an MO that has followed him everywhere: in times of good, his competitive edge is welcomed and he is effective offensively. When things are not going well, he?s awful to deal with from coaches to players, and he has a big mouth.

Why are you deflecting this and trying to simplify it to a Quinn problem? What does this have to do with Quinn? You?re going to respond with some bait and switch argument and not address the points at hand so I am asking rhetorically, it you are also arguing just to argue, because you like him for reasons probably outside of hockey. Cool. He still deserved this and it shows that other teams around the league didn?t take a chance on a dude who has incredible offensive upside from the backend, cause he?s such a piece of shit to deal with.

But it?s a Quinn problem. ?

Not to downplay things but I've yet to see one article to confirm what ADA said was actually racist in nature as opposed to homophobic in context. I'm willing to see an article that goes on record but the things I've always heard was that it wasn't racist. I understand both are bad but a racist comment is different than a homophobic slang said by a 17 yr old that used to be thrown around before we became smarter as a society. Just because there are articles that say Tony d'racist doesn't make that factual. Just saying. But again, I'm willing to see some proof respectfully

We shouldn't retain any salary. Buying him out is cheaper.

And much less messy. Unless you can strike a genuine hockey deal with no retention, I'd personally have no interest at all in a trade. I'd sooner just tell him to go home and await a buyout. Just like the Habs did with Gomez.

Not to downplay things but I've yet to see one article to confirm what ADA said was actually racist in nature as opposed to homophobic in context. I'm willing to see an article that goes on record but the things I've always heard was that it wasn't racist. I understand both are bad but a racist comment is different than a homophobic slang said by a 17 yr old that used to be thrown around before we became smarter as a society. Just because there are articles that say Tony d'racist doesn't make that factual. Just saying. But again, I'm willing to see some proof respectfully

Does it really matter? What was said was enough that his own coach slapped him with the suspension before involving the league. It's not about content, it's about intent.

Does it really matter? What was said was enough that his own coach slapped him with the suspension before involving the league. It's not about content, it's about intent.

I think it does yeah. If person A looks at a specific race and makes a racist comment, its a clear as day comment. There is no mincing words. That person is a bigot. If person A instead says a homophobic comment to a heterosexual person which, unfortunately due to environment, upbringing, etc, still happens today, is just slightly different in my mind and likely why he was still drafted, still a professional hockey player, etc. I do get this is a cringe worthy topic but there was a time not very long ago that a word rhyming with maggot was used pretty commonly. Hell, i get called that sometimes in uniform by unhappy "customers" for lack of better term.

Quinn being a shit coach (which he is) really has nothing to do with Tony Deangelo and his attitude problems my guy. You?re defending damaged goods like a used car salesman trying to con an ignorant buyer.

Tony was suspended twice in the OHL, once for berating an official and again for racist remarks. And his OHL coaches absolutely fucking hated him. He was a shit teammate when things weren?t going well by all accounts (lol wow crazy coincidence amirite?).

Despite this, he was considered the best offensive defense in the OHL for his draft year and in the 2014 draft he was taken 19th overall by the Lightening, only to then be traded from Tampa to Arizona a year later.

Why was he traded? During his stint in Syracuse, despite being offensively productive (6 goals/37 assists) he was scratched 8 times for being completely undisciplined in his play and woeful in his own zone, and was generally considered a head case by the coaching staff (lol wow crazy coincidence amirite?).

In Arizona, he was relatively fine to deal with in 25 games playing for their AHL affiliate the Tucson Roadrunners before being called up, where he?d shortly after he suspended by the nhl for physical abuse of an official. He would then be included to the NYR in the Stepan trade.

We all know what he?s done in his time here, so why is this a Quinn problem. The dude had an MO that has followed him everywhere: in times of good, his competitive edge is welcomed and he is effective offensively. When things are not going well, he?s awful to deal with from coaches to players, and he has a big mouth.

Why are you deflecting this and trying to simplify it to a Quinn problem? What does this have to do with Quinn? You?re going to respond with some bait and switch argument and not address the points at hand so I am asking rhetorically, it you are also arguing just to argue, because you like him for reasons probably outside of hockey. Cool. He still deserved this and it shows that other teams around the league didn?t take a chance on a dude who has incredible offensive upside from the backend, cause he?s such a piece of shit to deal with.

But it?s a Quinn problem. ?

Scroll back. I've said already he may be uncoachable. I'm referring to Quinn as part of the problem when people say DeAngelo is a locker room cancer. When most of the room likes him. THEY don't have an issue with him and a player punching him may not even mean THAT player doesn't like him. Competitive people lose their cool and snap. Hapoens.

Quinn benching of DeAngelo was ill timed and a reach to try to make an example of a firey player. The team responded. Won a game and has been shitting the bed since. Quinn has lost the room. The room likes DeAngelo. DeAngelo had to go, because the team needs to show authority in that they side with the coach and not the loud mouth jerk off, whom is adored by the roster..

DeAngelo is an douche. I get it. But being a douche doesn't get you kicked off an nhl team.

Sorry my opinion/slant on the possibilities of what may be the case, differs from yours. Why CANT it be simplified as a Quinn problem? This whole team plays lifeless, uninspired, BAD hockey. To simply point at this dummy, pick him apart , magnify his past and NOT look at how poorly everyone is playing is deflecting.

There better be more to this than a player mad he was benched , and then he talked shit to a teammate and got punched. With his past. It's possible. I'm hoping the kid isn't that whacked.

Scroll back. I've said already he may be uncoachable. I'm referring to Quinn as part of the problem when people say DeAngelo is a locker room cancer. When most of the room likes him. THEY don't have an issue with him and a player punching him may not even mean THAT player doesn't like him. Competitive people lose their cool and snap. Hapoens.

Quinn benching of DeAngelo was ill timed and a reach to try to make an example of a firey player. The team responded. Won a game and has been shitting the bed since. Quinn has lost the room. The room likes DeAngelo. DeAngelo had to go, because the team needs to show authority in that they side with the coach and not the loud mouth jerk off, whom is adored by the roster..

DeAngelo is an douche. I get it. But being a douche doesn't get you kicked off an nhl team.

Sorry my opinion/slant on the possibilities of what may be the case, differs from yours. Why CANT it be simplified as a Quinn problem? This whole team plays lifeless, uninspired, BAD hockey. To simply point at this dummy, pick him apart , magnify his past and NOT look at how poorly everyone is playing is deflecting.

There better be more to this than a player mad he was benched , and then he talked shit to a teammate and got punched. With his past. It's possible. I'm hoping the kid isn't that whacked.

Read the tweets being posted right now from the Rangers presser.