• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one sums it up for me. He simply could not get out of his own way no matter how many times they tried to help him along. Clearly they wanted him to succeed. Even giving him one last warning by telling him if one more thing happened they would cut ties by putting him on waivers. In the end he was his own worst enemy.

The two game scratch for an unsportsmanlike penalty down 4-0 in the third was ill advised. That's on Quinn. That's not to deny ADA handled it poorly or that he's not difficult to coach, but he's gone now, so I'm just evaluating Quinn, and he doesn't look very good in this sorry episode. Make the freshman wear a beanie and double secret probation don't work with professional athletes these days.

How about sitting Strome for a shift for his next stupid offensive zone stick foul?

Yup. His own worst enemy. It doesn't matter the medium — on the ice, off it, on the internet. He has no self-control and reacts in real-time to everything as a personal affront.

The two game scratch for an unsportsmanlike penalty down 4-0 in the third was ill advised. That's on Quinn. That's not to deny ADA handled it poorly or that he's not difficult to coach, but he's gone now, so I'm just evaluating Quinn, and he doesn't look very good in this sorry episode. Make the freshman wear a beanie and double secret probation don't work with professional athletes these days.

How about sitting Strome for a shift for his next stupid offensive zone stick foul?

It hardly matters now but I believe it would of been a one game benching but the team came out and played their best came of the season to date in game two blanking the Islanders 5-0. solid from top to bottom. I believe almost if not every coach in the league would go with the same lineup the following game. I'm not a fan of Quinn's at this point but I certainly don't put any blame for DeAngelo imploding his Rangers career on Quinn.

Damn. Herman is screwed for the foreseeable future.

Good. He should be. This should be a warning to anyone that decides social media is the place to post stuff without being 100% sure of its validity. It’s literally one of the most dangerous aspects of our society as a whole, in every angle.

• Like 1

Read the tweets being posted right now from the Rangers presser.

I am. It says DeAngelo was annoyed about his benching. The one Quinn handed him. The one for taking an emotional penalty of slamming a penalty box door and chirping at the refs at the tail end of a blow out... This most certainly is Quinn running to Gorton and being a fucking taddle tale because the player was vocal against him.

The Rangers are parting ways with their top offensive producing D man and labeling him a problem, because he disagrees with the losing coach who has lost the lock room.

This is baby shit. "I told him if I heard ONE bad word about him I'd put him on waivers.. and our losrr coach said something. So I have to follow through. Scouts honor."

Bullshit. This team is going to be a lottery team AGAIN., thanks to our GM being a Literal Larry, and our coach running to him saying the player has to go...

How you see it in some other way, defies reality.

The major problem with social media reporting is that everyone is rushing to be the first one to report it, instead of maybe worrying about accuracy and getting all of the information first. They have to appease the people with their short attention spans so they rapid fire everything. This is the result. Not to mention fabricating things too.
  • Like 1

Good. He should be. This should be a warning to anyone that decides social media is the place to post stuff without being 100% sure of its validity. It’s literally one of the most dangerous aspects of our society as a whole, in every angle.

Thing is, he likely believed what his source told him was 100% valid. We're not close, but my time working with him leaves me with no reason to believe he'd literally make up stories that could be swatted down like this, just to "get clicks." It makes no sense. His name is on the story. He carries all the risk. He ran with what he was told, which he trusted, and got burned. We don't really know why.

Even now, we don't have a fully transparent solution to this conflict. The team is saying it never happened, but their own beat writers are saying otherwise on multiple aspects of the story, including "puckgate." Carpiniello backed it to some degree. Brooks ran the story that Miller broke up the fight, which the team refuted, I believe. It's a giant fucking mess.

Thing is, he likely believed what his source told him was 100% valid. We're not close, but my time working with him leaves me with no reason to believe he'd literally make up stories that could be swatted down like this, just to "get clicks." It makes no sense. His name is on the story. He carries all the risk. He ran with what he was told, which he trusted, and got burned. We don't really know why.

Even now, we don't have a fully transparent solution to this conflict. The team is saying it never happened, but their own beat writers are saying otherwise on multiple aspects of the story, including "puckgate." Carpiniello backed it to some degree. Brooks ran the story that Miller broke up the fight, which the team refuted, I believe. It's a giant fucking mess.

That’s fair, but it was still within 24 hours of it and he still knows those risks especially with something so inflammatory. It’s a bit out of control and in today’s covid nhl, it’s not like these writers are around the team like in a normal year.

THE TEAM IS SAYING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

How is it still in question. Common sense. A player isn't going to keep a players momento for their first goal. This is ridiculous. How can we give anyone a pass for A ) believing this, B( reporting this?

Anything to put another blemish on the guys career.

My take with all of this is something else not being said happened after game 1 and before game 4 when he was back in the lineup. No way Gorton says that about hearing your name one more time unless there was something in the middle. We all know there was zero chance of no issue ever again with ADA and Quinn even if it was minor so this was a path on its way to happening at some point. Still, I don’t get how we brought him back in a week into the season he was told this. Seems like a mess from every angle. Cut our losses and ,ove on to bigger and better.

If there's anything we're clear on, it's that we don't know everything that's been happening behind the scenes. Quinn could have told him multiple times that the next time he mouthed off to a ref and took a penalty, he'd be sitting. When you break that rule you suffer the consequences. We don't know

No. Again, this is not about him taking a penalty, this is about his behavior in general.

I am. It says DeAngelo was annoyed about his benching. The one Quinn handed him. The one for taking an emotional penalty of slamming a penalty box door and chirping at the refs at the tail end of a blow out... This most certainly is Quinn running to Gorton and being a fucking taddle tale because the player was vocal against him.

The Rangers are parting ways with their top offensive producing D man and labeling him a problem, because he disagrees with the losing coach who has lost the lock room.

This is baby shit. "I told him if I heard ONE bad word about him I'd put him on waivers.. and our losrr coach said something. So I have to follow through. Scouts honor."

Bullshit. This team is going to be a lottery team AGAIN., thanks to our GM being a Literal Larry, and our coach running to him saying the player has to go...

This is some top-notch fanfiction. Chef's kiss.

Put on waivers for being pissed (and arguably for good reason) at a two game scratch for a meaningless penalty in garbage time in the NHL, and then getting punched in tne face after a ill timed private comment. They either think they're running a College program, or they were looking for a way out, and it was really his behavior over the offseason that did him in.

All of the most awful shit said about the incident turned out to be false, and people will still prattle on about him essentially not being fit for society, and functionally unemployable in his own country.

Hard to have a discussion with you because your just not based in reality.

You literally can’t prove any of this and your whole argument is based on your perception of this incorrect narrative.

Put on waivers for being pissed (and arguably for good reason) at a two game scratch for a meaningless penalty in garbage time in the NHL, and then getting punched in tne face after a ill timed private comment. They either think they're running a College program, or they were looking for a way out, and it was really his behavior over the offseason that did him in.

All of the most awful shit said about the incident turned out to be false, and people will still prattle on about him essentially not being fit for society, and functionally unemployable in his own country.

At this point it's obvious you're just stirring the pot.

I'm thinking you don't understand the stats, you don't understand my argument (which is that somehow, in spite of his zone start advantage and his possession advantage - which is likely driven by PP time - he's still god awful), or you're simply trying to do literally anything to distract from the fact that he's been horrible on the ice and, as reported, a problem off the ice. First it was Quinn, then the goalies aren't making stops, then it's the centers, now it's the entire offense....when do you just turn around and go "wow, the common factor here is ADA"? Spoiler - he's the common factor. Other players are scoring just fine without faceoff wins. Other players are defending just fine and not giving up high value chances. Why can't ADA?

I kind of am confused about the stat. You say his possession numbers are good ("likely ") because of PP time, as if your stats for possession automaticallygo up fromyour team beingon the PP. . Yet, he hasn't really been on the top PP unit.

You also brought up zone starts, to which I said zone starts are questionable to use as possession pluses, if the team doesn't win the face off. But, you claimed you can technically win the faceoff and immediately pass the puck to the opposition., so faceoff wins in an offensive zone start don't really matter. Kinda skipping past the logic that typically if you win the face off, you will likely possess the puck longer, and or generate a scoring chance. Especially on the PP...

It is Quinn. This whole team looks lost. Goalies included. Want to say a player gets favorable zone starts? Look.what the TEAM does with ALL of their offensive zone starts. I'm confident it is very VERY bad, as is their face off % in not just these zone starts, but all of them. Winning faceoffs is a pretty important aspect to controlling play in this sport. To brush it off is disingenuous.

That’s fair, but it was still within 24 hours of it and he still knows those risks especially with something so inflammatory. It’s a bit out of control and in today’s covid nhl, it’s not like these writers are around the team like in a normal year.

Herman isn't credentialed for games, so he isn't following them that closely, either. But like any other journalist, he's reporting on what he's told — information he trusts if it runs.

THE TEAM IS SAYING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

How is it still in question. Common sense. A player isn't going to keep a players momento for their first goal. This is ridiculous. How can we give anyone a pass for A ) believing this, B( reporting this?

Anything to put another blemish on the guys career.

The team is saying it didn't happen and their beat writers are at odds with the team's own story.

Link:

It's a mess. But trust who you choose to trust.

My take with all of this is something else not being said happened after game 1 and before game 4 when he was back in the lineup. No way Gorton says that about hearing your name one more time unless there was something in the middle. We all know there was zero chance of no issue ever again with ADA and Quinn even if it was minor so this was a path on its way to happening at some point. Still, I don’t get how we brought him back in a week into the season he was told this. Seems like a mess from every angle. Cut our losses and ,ove on to bigger and better.

Bigger and better as in lottery pick. Can't wait to damage this one too.