• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Callahan: "What you need ... is someone to stand up on the bench and say something."

Phil

My galaxy brain theory on this one is that Callahan isn't being brought in to do in-between period analysis; he's being brought in to get a real good look at this team before he takes on a coach role.

Interesting take. Cally does have the leadership quality and has certainly been a skilled warrior who understands the commitment required to play hard-nosed NHL hockey. Does he need the requisite behind-the-bench experience before being handed the reins to a NHL squad? I don't know if I can fully trust my gut saying, "Yeah, he can rise to the challenge" after being reminded that a successful college coach with plenty of bench experience appears to be struggling on B'way.

There’s no clear cut choice. No one currently on the roster had all the qualities in all of the ways an ideal choice for the role should have.

There’s a few guys there who I think would be a good choice. No one who is at present moment a great choice.

They do miss Staal I think.

It’s unfortunate he was not named captain last season... but they couldn’t do that to a guy who at that might have been traded, like he was, or bought out, or get scratched on any given night, which he was a few times.

But not having him in the room nightly is a detriment

Lafreniere might be the next captain of the team for all we know. That's how far away this team is from having a leader.

Kreider thinks the fans and media make too much out of who the "captain" is, but guess what? Every team has one except us and Ottawa and we haven't had one in three years while every other franchise has... So, sure. Maybe we make too much out of it... Or maybe the "leaders" on this team don't understand the meaning of it.

Kreider should STFU and park his ass in front of the opposition net. Sick of seeing him trying to make plays in OZ
I disagree. He's the best puck retriever on the team. A lot of his goals that he scores he creates by himself by digging it out of the corners and distributing it before parking in front of the net. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I disagree. He's the best puck retriever on the team. A lot of his goals that he scores he creates by himself by digging it out of the corners and distributing it before parking in front of the net. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Chris Kreider? Dude cant stickhandle.