• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#27) Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers // Grittylicious

LindG1000

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lafreniere looks like he has absolutely no confidence out there. Thrown out in OT against Giroux. Pretty lame coaching.

Without Panarin this is 4-1 loss. They can't create anything unless it's on the rush. There's a systemic problem here.

Panarin the only guy on the team who can't get screwed up by Quinn because he can't understand a word he says lol

On one hand I guess it should be some consolation that the Rangers almost snatched a victory from PHI with a 3rd string goalie in net, but man absolutely gutted after that loss. This team is too frustrating to watch this year.

On one hand I guess it should be some consolation that the Rangers almost snatched a victory from PHI with a 3rd string goalie in net, but man absolutely gutted after that loss. This team is too frustrating to watch this year.

And missing their #1 defenseman and a top-6 forward. But yeah, it still sucks to lose a game the way we did

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Gauthier is a moron. You swing your stick one-handed like a horse whip and you get a penalty. Duh. He might have reacted by being more restrained with high sticks for the rest of the game. No. Double moron. Smith thinks there's no need to be careful about shooting the puck into the stands for an automatic penalty when you are already a man down.

Another rough night for Miller. Concerns mounting.

I actually feel really bad for Kinkaid. He clearly isn’t really an NHL goalie but he’s better than an AHL goalie. Stuck in that middle. Plus being from LI, no one wants to get undressed like that in OT. Kind of rough to watch.

I actually feel really bad for Kinkaid. He clearly isn’t really an NHL goalie but he’s better than an AHL goalie. Stuck in that middle. Plus being from LI, no one wants to get undressed like that in OT. Kind of rough to watch.

If i was Georgie i’d punch him

Miller has been more bad then good at this point. Which makes sense, seeing as he was a project to begin with, and he, reportedly, struggled at Wisconsin last year. That's all fine. He has some tools you can't teach, and what can be taught I'm quite comfortable having Jacques Martin do that.

Kakko remains my primary concern. He's running out of excuses, and looks to be a product of playing in the most overrated hockey league on the planet, much like his friends Kotkaniemi and Puljujarvi. I don't trust anything out of that league.

Despite Kakko looking much better this year, his overall point production has dropped and his PPG average could actually drop from what it was last year, which is saying something. lol It sucks and is mystifying since he's been a bit better on the puck and has been a takeaway machine. It's an odd case.

No doubt. Lafreniere looks like he doesn't have any confidence out there most of the time either. We've seen some flashes, but he's really fighting it most of the time. Sometimes he just looks invisible. I'm not anointing any of them busts by any stretch. I am being more patient with Lafreniere than I am with Kakko. But, it's still been kind of depressing with these two this year. lol

I feel way better about him than I did last year. I think the expectations need to be realistic. Maybe he won't be a star but he's going to be a good NHLer. That maybe disappointing but at least he hasn't been paid yet so, he will earn for what he produces. He's a monster on the boards and something this team sorely lacks. Over time he will put some points, he may just be a 50 pt guy.

Pretty much.

I likened it to getting Andrea "Il Mago!" Bargnani @ #2 and then following it up by drafting Anthony Bennet.

Much of it is dictated by circumstance, but it's their job to see and navigate through circumstance. Not just take Bob Mckenzie's word for it.

That game was a microcosm of David Quinn's tenure.

Come out looking like a bunch of guys who didn't know there was a game on in the first period.

Then Artemi Panarin goes nuts and takes the team on his back, making them look like the 1985 Edmonton Oilers for a ten minute spell in the second.

Huff and puff a lot but ultimately fail to get it done when it mattered in the 3rd/OT.

Rinse and fucking repeat.

The whole of the team looks like they're fighting it at this point. It's Breadman rising or it's "fuck, we're not going to win if we don't make every play perfectly".

Not really sure how you get around it, but we're getting exceptionally close to the "we're done" line for the season. The current expectation is that it will take about 67 points for a team to make the playoffs in the East. We've got 62 points left on the table, and we need 41 of them to hit that mark. That's a .661 points percentage for the rest of the season.

I'm starting to wonder if the team didn't come in thinking they were about to just go off, and when it didn't happen, they just lost the mental edge. Wondering if the pressure release of elimination or improbability of making the playoffs just opens it all back up.