• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Entire Coaching Staff in Covid Protocol

Phil

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, it's obviously a complete coincidence. :rofl: But that must be a pretty tough pill to swallow for a coach under pressure.

Then again, from Zibs post match presser

“As a group, you come together. Before the game, it’s just, you try not to complicate things. There wasn’t a lot of information or a lot of talk. It was just kind of, ‘Go out and play’ and trust that we have what it takes to win a hockey game.”

Again, the result and performance is more than likely pure coincidence, but mayyyyyyybe being allowed to just go out and play had something to do with.

That and the Flyers giving new meaning to the phrase "mailing it in".

I mean, you know Quinn was giving constant feedback through a headset all game. But, I think just not having him present behind the bench could have helped everyone. Even watching the games, to me, he always looks bugged out and in over his head, and players can read that. Not to mention I just don't think he's a very good coach and he's always quick to staple guys to the bench. So, I'm sure more of a free reign was welcome. Honestly, I've always thought that Knoblauch was the future for this young team, not Quinn.

I mean at the end of the day, the team staff played Quinn's system and Quinn’s lines. Kakko and Laf weren’t set free until it was 9-0 and everything looked the same. We probably win big with Quinn there as well. Maybe they kept the lines more consistent but there was also never a reason or need to switch things up during the game at all.

Really just came down to that D pair on philly going -6 and looking like they should go down the coast league

Edited for grammar because i was typing on my phone and i suck at that