• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Entire Coaching Staff in Covid Protocol

Phil

Yes, Knoblauch was able to install a new system in his 2 hours and 0 practices with the team.

This is also the guy who, according to some, can't develop talent in Hartford and that's why Andersson and Kravtsov didn't pan out there.

I dunno, we run very hot and cold on this guy. :rolleyes:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Knoblauch was able to install a new system in his 2 hours and 0 practices with the team.

This is also the guy who, according to some, can't develop talent in Hartford and that's why Andersson and Kravtsov didn't pan out there.

It’s not about how they played Knobbys system as much as it is they played loose and NOT Quinn’s stick gripping stifling one. At least for a day. They just played.

It’s not about how they played Knobbys system as much as it is they played loose and NOT Quinn’s stick gripping stifling one. At least for a day. They just played.
I don't really see that. This is just a game where Zib showed up and Fox and Buch came back.

I don't think that any of those players "grip their sticks" for Quinn. They all get their reps, especially Zib.

What I would say is that if they're capable of playing this way all the time and aren't giving Quinn the effort, that's a problem and what happens when there's a leadership vacuum. You don't play for the coach, you play for the guy next to you.

But Quinn would still have to go at that point.

• Like 1

Well according to the Zib, they just went out there and did their own thing. Not sure they adhered to any system. Kinda opened it up and played some pond hockey. The offense just looked completely different. Did they dump and chase once?

I don't really see that. This is just a game where Zib showed up and Fox and Buch came back.

I don't think that any of those players "grip their sticks" for Quinn. They all get their reps, especially Zib.

What I would say is that if they're capable of playing this way all the time and aren't giving Quinn the effort, that's a problem and what happens when there's a leadership vacuum. You don't play for the coach, you play for the guy next to you.

But Quinn would still have to go at that point.

They get looks but zib flubs a lot. I think we can agree he has been playing with a lack of confidence. Trouba looked miles better too. My thing is their roster and talent isn’t exactly a grinding north south team but Quinn is committed to making them one. They are at their best with creativity, flow, and possession, not dump, bang, and retrieve. It’s one game so can’t take too much stock but it was fun to watch regardless.

Even if it’s 100% true about Quinn, you are 100% right. They should be playing for each other regardless.

Suddenly a magician I guess. If only it were true. I have no issue canning Quinn but blaming him for Mika shanking shoots all season to date, not being able to make or handle a pass during more than a handful of games and his timing being off in general maybe a stretch.

Yet for as great as the coach was, IF we're going to credit him with a miraculous unlocking of the gripping the sticks too tightly, can we nail him to the cross for Kakko and Laf essentially still being invisible during a 9-0 rout? I'm betting the answer to the second part is no. Maybe those two just didn't get the message?

WRONG! QUINN SUX KNOBLAUCH RULES!

Still the same dump n chase system. Difference last game is guys knew they weren't getting benched. I dont fancy stat, but it seemed like they were carrying the puck into the zone a lot more.

Not only that, but they were attacking the front of the net like they rarely do.

It was certainly a different approach to the system for the Rangers.

Suddenly a magician I guess. If only it were true. I have no issue canning Quinn but blaming him for Mika shanking shoots all season to date, not being able to make or handle a pass during more than a handful of games and his timing being off in general maybe a stretch.

Yet for as great as the coach was, IF we're going to credit him with a miraculous unlocking of the gripping the sticks too tightly, can we nail him to the cross for Kakko and Laf essentially still being invisible during a 9-0 rout? I'm betting the answer to the second part is no. Maybe those two just didn't get the message?

Yea, this game was an anomaly. It was getting Fox and Buch back, and Mika exploding.

Impossible to read anything from one game, but really looking forward to the next 2.

Yea, this game was an anomaly. It was getting Fox and Buch back, and Mika exploding.

Impossible to read anything from one game, but really looking forward to the next 2.

Same here, Flyers got out on the Islanders 3-0, and hung on to win 4-3 last night with Hart.

I know the Flyers were ass, but I was just getting better vibes from the team. Zibanejad was very encouraging. I don't even know if Quinn not physically being there had anything to do with it, but there seemed to be a bit more jump at least. Getting Fox and Buch also helped. Again, I don't know if there's any correlation to it. If anything, maybe the team gets on a roll and plays closer to how they were last year before the shutdown. Mika needed a game like this for his confidence, and it picks the whole team up. I'm not a huge fan of Quinn, but I'm not going to say that he's to blame for Mika's struggles. If he was even half the player he was last season, they would be in a much better position and not as many people would be calling for the coach's head.

This looks and feels like a totally different team when Zibby is on his game. No doubt!! But I have to say I'm definitely curious to see how the next 2 games shake out.

It's too coincidental that they exploded in the game Quinn wasn't behind the bench, but the next 2 games will be a great test to see "what the Rock is cookin'".

I also starting to lean towards keeping/paying Buchnevich....he's been pretty damn good in all areas of the game, including the PK, which suffered a lot in the Boston game he and Fox both missed.

This kind of reminds me of the time back in 2003 when Brian Trottier was suspended for three games for putting Oliwa out there and instigating a brawl in a game against Columbus. Jim Schoenfeld came down to coach the team for the three games and they went 3-0 and looked quite good in doing so. I know this is only one game, not three, but it's something that popped in my head when I found out the coaching staff was going to miss another couple of games.

Yea, it's really the next 2 games and then the first game back that will be telling.

Does Zib tear it up over the weekend and then go back into hibernation? If he does then I really have to question committing to someone like that long term. Because really, there are some players who have done nothing but put up points for Quinn (Panarin, Strome, Fox, Kreider, Buch, Blackwood, even ADA) and if Zib is now somehow on strike because of something (not being named C?) then that's fucked up.

The only players who aren't playing to their potential right now are the rookie and the 2nd year player who (eye test and analytics) is much better than last season. I really don't expect more production from anyone besides Laf, Cheats and Kakko.

Chytil has been good this season both «eye test wise» and he’s producing (8p in 14 games) and a +4.

But I agree, those three players are the ones with the most potential and room for improvement. Although I love watching the «kids line» I think splitting them up would be a good move just to get them more on the score-sheet. When alle are on the same line its kinda all or nothing.

That said, the KZB line and Panarin - Strome - Blackwell has been really good lately, so I guess we should just keep it like it is.

Next two games will be really interesting. They have a last chance to make a run, but they’ll need atleast 3 points in the next two.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mentioned in some other post but Zibanejad skated harder and faster against Philly then he has all season. The excellent forechecking and break outs were a direct result of his skating. His legs are back under him now and I don't believe he'll regress from here on out. He was flying on every shift and his team fed off of it too. The turning point of their season may have just begun with Mikas effort in Philly. IMO.:pbjtime::pbjtime:
  • Like 1