• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#32) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Helping to Punch AV's Card

Phil

AV's card = officially punched

Not sure how he still has a job this morning. He's a solid if unspectacular coach if you have a team of veterans who know what they're doing . But Mr. GoodLooks is neither a rah rah guy nor a master strategist.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An instigation penalty in the final five minutes is an automatic suspension. So they give Morin an extra two but not an instigator. That hair pull has got to be reviewed. This league is a travesty if we see him Saturday. Of course, we already know that it is in situations like this.

The Chytil line looked bad and they had to take Laf off it and move Blackwell in. I'm concerned about how Chytil's line, however exactly it is composed, is really going to get exploited by a team that isn't in melt down mode.

When does Philly play Buffalo next. That should be interesting! Sort of like the California Golden Seals against the KC Scouts!

Grabbing a guy by the hair and tyring to bang his head into the ice deserves a serious suspension. You could seriously hurt someone.

Grabbing a guy by the hair and tyrimg to bang his head into the ice deserves a serious suspension. You could seriously hurt someone.
I'd rather them not suspend him and let him play Saturday. Dude is an awful hockey player lol.

Nolan Patrick has 6 points on the season and is a -19. What would we be saying about him at this point?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I was thinking about Nolan Patrick a bit too. He's still only 22 years old but hasn't looked really that good either so far in his NHL career. Kakko has been better this year in his second season. This is Nolan's third.

Out of the first two picks in the 2017 Draft (Hischier #1, Patrick #2), Hischier has looked to be the better of the two. It always comes down to the question of development. Hell, there has been more production from Miro Heiskanen and Cale Makar (Stars drafted Heiskanen #3, Avalanche drafted Makar #4). Patrick so far, is looking to be the biggest bust, out of the top four players in that 2017 draft class.

Mika is the first player ever to record back to back six point games against the same opponent. The first game he tied Brian Trottier's NHL record with six points in one period. Good stuff, and I'm glad it happened against this particular opponent.

I heard it this week on the Posts Rangers podcast that Trottier did against the Rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

the young guys need time to really develop - the mcdavids and mathews are exceptions, not the rules.

After Kakko's growth this year to someone who looks like he belongs on the second line and whose posession numbers indicate as such as well, I am not worried at all. If this kid learns how to finish in the league he's going to be well worth the #2 pick. Think Jesper Fast with size and scoring ability, it's an outstanding player to picture.

Laf is still figuring it out and he looks about as Kakko did last year, maybe slightly better. I expect the same growth from him next season, at which point we're going to have a champagne problem of who plays where. These kids are not even 20 - they need time to learn

the young guys need time to really develop - the mcdavids and mathews are exceptions, not the rules.

After Kakko's growth this year to someone who looks like he belongs on the second line and whose posession numbers indicate as such as well, I am not worried at all. If this kid learns how to finish in the league he's going to be well worth the #2 pick. Think Jesper Fast with size and scoring ability, it's an outstanding player to picture.

Laf is still figuring it out and he looks about as Kakko did last year, maybe slightly better. I expect the same growth from him next season, at which point we're going to have a champagne problem of who plays where. These kids are not even 20 - they need time to learn

I hear ya Val...

I feel myself watching these games with so much excitement, knowing full well these kids are going to be so damn good in a few years. The core of the team is like wet cement right now, but when this solidifies, this team is going to be an absolute juggernaut!

I have such a great time watching them right now...the games have been downright entertaining as hell!! I feel myself rooting for the kids more than anything; ...and what can't you say about Fox? The guy is absolutely electric!

Now with Zibby back on track, Panarin making plays like Kane.....

Shit!!!

Bring it on! Can't get enough of these guys! :thumbs:

anybody want quinn back?

I really cant even figure out why they look better under Knobloch (sp) but they do. In game decision making better? It has to be since Quinn is still making lineup and strategy decisions.

Maybe he is better at motivating the guys in the locker room lol

I really cant even figure out why they look better under Knobloch (sp) but they do. In game decision making better? It has to be since Quinn is still making lineup and strategy decisions.

Maybe he is better at motivating the guys in the locker room lol

I don't know either, but since that Saturday game against the Bruins when Panarin came back the team has played a lot better.

I don't know either, but since that Saturday game against the Bruins when Panarin came back the team has played a lot better.

Even Panarin looks better since hes gotten back than he was earlier in the season. He was putting up points but didnt look nearly as dominant as he did last season.

Maybe the team just needed a fresh voice I dunno. We will know for sure when Quinn is back and see how they perform.

Zibanejad 12 points in last 2 games against Flyers and 14 points in other games.

Hey man, lets get out for a game next week. I'm getting tired of my ass sticking to that living room couch every time I get up for a beer!!!