• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#33) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Mika Smash

Phil

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we're seriously gonna lose because of morin

NYR will lose because as has been true over and over this year they decided to have prettiest pass competition instead of shooting and going to the net. It's the entire season in one game. Got a 1 goal lead and tried to milk it for what, 40 minutes? Infuriating. Who ever the coach is should rip them a new collective asshole.

I don't know why I feel like the Rangers get so few second chance scoring attempts whereas the opposite gets a ton on the Rangers. As Josh pointed out, that's what happens when you're afraid to get into the middle of the ice and chase down rebounds and garbage goals.

Back at it tomorrow need a better effort. You’ve blown the Flyers out 2 games in a row you know there is going to be a push back you need to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Flyers won the last five periods. The Rangers just happened to blow them up in the first 30 minutes of the previous game.

This team sucks at responding to any adversity. They score when plays are gifted to them on a silver platter. They're just so damn frustrating. I'm glad this team has talent but I'm so fucking done with the cutesy shit. There's never a plan B.

They have no adjustment or feel for the actual game in front of them. In sure part of that is coaching but also on tjr older players on this team. 5 minutes into the game you could tell the Flyers plan was to make sure 100% of east west passes were taken away. Rangers response? "well god damn it we will keep trying til the bitter end" when the easy adjustment is to go north south just long enough to keep the Flyers honest. Then when they have to manage for that you can go back to some east and west.

• Like 2

They have no adjustment or feel for the actual game in front of them. In sure part of that is coaching but also on tjr older players on this team. 5 minutes into the game you could tell the Flyers plan was to make sure 100% of east west passes were taken away. Rangers response? "well god damn it we will keep trying til the bitter end" when the easy adjustment is to go north south just long enough to keep the Flyers honest. Then when they have to manage for that you can go back to some east and west.

Spot on. The Rangers are probably the easiest team to defend against in the league because of how predictable they are. This isn't new either, they were just buoyed by a dominant PP last season. The fix is simple, and the players know it too but I don't understand why they can preach yet fail to practice. I don't know how much more I can take of Joe saying "They need to just get shots on net." How do you get it to click at this point? Knowing Quinn there's no way he's telling them "dipsy-doodle and pass it across only." Are they really all such primadonnas that they can't wrap their heads around going to the dirty areas? I'm really at a loss for what a solution is. If they're tuning out Quinn's pleas I can't see how they'd be more receptive to someone else's.

Kevin Rooney:

First goal: Neutral zone penalty when already a man down so stupid that it makes Gauthier look like he has an IQ over 74.

Second goal: Turnover on cavalier touch pass to no one in defensive zone traffic in final five minutes of tie game.

Take a seat perhaps? Revenge of the scrap heap?

This choke routine when tied or up by a goal in third must end.

Why is Lemieux ALWAYS on the ice 6 on 5? The man has two goals in 32 games. I guess they put him on for ritual pushing and shoving at the final buzzer. Why was Smith on 6 on 5?

Any confirm yet on Fox starting in goal tomorrow?

Not sure what they have to sell. Their expiring RFAs are probably not gonna be traded - either because they're not valuable (Howden, Goat) or there's no reason to trade them (Chytil, Lindgren). Zib and Strome aren't going unless it's for a big piece. Brendan Smith is gonna be UFA, but who the hell would want him even at half salary retained?