• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#37) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Can I Get Uh... 6pc Wngs

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, blaming the goalie (who stopped 26 of 28 shots) in this game is too easy. He stopped enough for them to win this game.

Same as the last game they gave kept giving Buffalo the chance in the 3rd period. No skating, no checking, no offense, just dump it out and change and wait for them to attack. When you play like that for 20-30 minutes the puck will find a way in on a weird bounce or something.

Need to learn to keep playing when leading after 2 periods. Its the same story over and over again. Probably lost 10 points in the 3rd period this season. Thats the difference between playoffs or not.

I get it. No one wants to see that shot go in. It wasn't a super snipe. But you give a shooter a chance in the high slot and it's just too easy for them. They gave up a ton of chances that period that they absolutely should not have.

I’m not blaming Shesty for the loss because we need to score more than two goals against the Sabres with our roster. However, when it’s 2-1 late, I do expect my goalie to completely shut the door. That means no bad goals. None. That’s the difference between an all star goalie and an all world goalie. For all the shit we e given Henrik over the years, think of those must win, backs against the walls playoff games. Door was shut. Period.

So maybe we take a step back from calling Shesty the second coming here.

I’m not blaming Shesty for the loss because we need to score more than two goals against the Sabres with our roster. However, when it’s 2-1 late, I do expect my goalie to completely shut the door. That means no bad goals. None. That’s the difference between an all star goalie and an all world goalie. For all the shit we e given Henrik over the years, think of those must win, backs against the walls playoff games. Door was shut. Period.

So maybe we take a step back from calling Shesty the second coming here.

Yeah, but I also remember Hank giving up a lot of softies in games regular season games against bad teams (like this was). Playoff game is a different story.

It's on a goalie when Olofsson gets room in the slot, lol, OK.

Give a guy with a big shot like that an open look he's gonna score from time to time. Igor stuck on zero career shutouts, which is surprising. But he played well enough tonight. Losing a board battle by the usual defensize zone indifference and failure to break out cause the open look. And add in another night where the NYR acted like getting to the net isn't all that important.

Yeah, but I also remember Hank giving up a lot of softies in games regular season games against bad teams (like this was). Playoff game is a different story.

Later in his career yeah. When in his prime? Not too much. When Hank was 25 he played 72 games and led the league in shutouts and he wasn’t even near his prime then either :)

I don’t blame Shesterkin at all. He should not be stuck in a one goal game vs Buffalo... TWICE. Like Thursday, we dominated portions of this game and got NOTHING out of it.

This is why we have so many 1 goal games. We have got to find a way to score more than two goals vs the worst team(many teams really) in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's on a goalie when Olofsson gets room in the slot, lol, OK.
Dude. The the puck was 6 in to the left of center net. Nobody picked a corner, it was a shot from the middle of the ice that went in to the middle of the net. That's bad.

Soft goals against. That first one was terrible.

Strome, Miller and Zibanejad has no touch on the puck tonight.

And what it wrong with kreider? He’s got no strength, no speed. This isn’t even a quiet stretch, there’s something up.

Yeah this is the best buffalo has looked all season. They played better d, got good saves and skated more.

Mostly just cause this:

Ulmark is a very good goalie. .920 sv % and a really good record (6-5-3) on a team that is 7-23-6. Buffalo is 1-18-3 without him. Astounding.

The 1st goal was on Fox, the 2nd was on Panarin. Yet, not so much as even a mention of those two for some weird reason.

They’re on PP1. They’re exempt.

Fox is on the best pairing in the NHL. Don’t criticize.

Panarin is the best NY FA signing ever. He’s untouchable.