• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

16 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, they really have to. There's a lot of pressure on the organization to do so. Some fans may get on Hal a bit for not spending, but he went out to meet with Judge to make sure he stayed and he also ponied up to bring in Cole. If he truly values the Yankees as much as he thinks he does, he'll make sure Soto is back. Make him a Yankee for life.

Gotta unload DJ, Rizzo and that lazy lump of shit Gleyber too!

On 8/16/2024 at 8:10 AM, Ozzy said:

Gotta unload DJ, Rizzo and that lazy lump of shit Gleyber too!

Quite a few people coming off the books this year finally. I really hope they can get themselves out of DJ, especially. The man is toast. It's also possible they don't bring Holmes back either. Or, just don't have him as the closer anymore.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Quite a few people coming off the books this year finally. I really hope they can get themselves out of DJ, especially. The man is toast. It's also possible they don't bring Holmes back either. Or, just don't have him as the closer anymore.

Holmes isn't an issue if he starts throwing his sinker again.  All of a sudden, he's a "pitcher", with that fucking horseshit slider and bullshit curve that he can't command.

Throw heat, asswipe!

Edited by Ozzy

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Holmes isn't an issue if he starts throwing his sinker again.  All of a sudden, he's a "pitcher", with that fucking horseshit slider and bullshit curve that he can't command.

Throw heat, asswipe!

Yeah, his pitch selection is awful. The other night against Detroit is a perfect example. I still don't think he can close, he doesn't have the mentality for it. Ten blown saves already is awful. Even if he saves only half of those, they're up five or six games in the division.

17 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, his pitch selection is awful. The other night against Detroit is a perfect example. I still don't think he can close, he doesn't have the mentality for it. Ten blown saves already is awful. Even if he saves only half of those, they're up five or six games in the division.

Reminds me of Dave Righetti....when he couldn't close a window!

Last night is a glaring example of why this team frustrates the fuck outta me.  They do all the little things wrong;

Grisham gets thrown out at the plate when slowing down around the bases.  Why he was pinch running in the first place was a fucking dumb decision to begin with.

They had 2 chances to win in extra innings and fucked that up....TWICE!

They blow the rundown between 1st and second because no one covered 2nd base on the cutoff. oh yeah and ....Gleyber sucks!

23 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Reminds me of Dave Righetti....when he couldn't close a window!

Last night is a glaring example of why this team frustrates the fuck outta me.  They do all the little things wrong;

Grisham gets thrown out at the plate when slowing down around the bases.  Why he was pinch running in the first place was a fucking dumb decision to begin with.

They had 2 chances to win in extra innings and fucked that up....TWICE!

They blow the rundown between 1st and second because no one covered 2nd base on the cutoff. oh yeah and ....Gleyber sucks!

The lack of fundamentals is astounding. It's been a laundry list all season long. It's just there there seems to be a country club atmosphere, no accountability, etc. This franchise has lost its luster. Firiing Girardi was a jumping the shark moment for this franchise and since about 2020, has gone downhill. Competitive enough? Sure, but lacking in discipline in depth, all the while wasting the prime of Judge's career.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:55 AM, Sharpshooter said:

The lack of fundamentals is astounding. It's been a laundry list all season long. It's just there there seems to be a country club atmosphere, no accountability, etc. This franchise has lost its luster. Firiing Girardi was a jumping the shark moment for this franchise and since about 2020, has gone downhill. Competitive enough? Sure, but lacking in discipline in depth, all the while wasting the prime of Judge's career.

A few anchors need to be cut loose first:

Gleyber

DJ

Rizzo

We can go from there next season....Yeah, they'll win games and hopefully make the playoffs, which is great.  But I just don't know how if they have enough to bring home the World Series.

All I do know is that they have a great chance to add one of the best players in baseball for the remainder of his prime in Soto.  They CANNOT let him walk!

• Keeps it 100 1

Judge and Soto are probably in the top 10 all-time of talent duos.  Both of them could finish with 700+ HR's and 3,000 hits and both of them walk enough that 3,000 hits is like 3,500 for most other players.

On 8/24/2024 at 7:15 PM, Br4d said:

Judge and Soto are probably in the top 10 all-time of talent duos.  Both of them could finish with 700+ HR's and 3,000 hits and both of them walk enough that 3,000 hits is like 3,500 for most other players.

I really try not to miss any games this season, because what they've been doing is "once in a lifetime" kinda shit!  The 3 HR's yesterday in the 7th inning was Hollywood material.  It's too bad we have to carry as much dead wood as we have been of late.  I believe in Verdugo and love him as a player, but Gleyber, DJ, and a few others are like automatic outs.

Jazzy is fun to watch too.  They have entertainment value, but I'm hoping the pitching, and especially the bullpen can find it's way in October.  We shall see!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 10:48 AM, Ozzy said:

I really try not to miss any games this season, because what they've been doing is "once in a lifetime" kinda shit!  The 3 HR's yesterday in the 7th inning was Hollywood material.  It's too bad we have to carry as much dead wood as we have been of late.  I believe in Verdugo and love him as a player, but Gleyber, DJ, and a few others are like automatic outs.

Jazzy is fun to watch too.  They have entertainment value, but I'm hoping the pitching, and especially the bullpen can find it's way in October.  We shall see!

Jazz was a great acquisition, but the fact that wound up with only Leiter and that Los Santos guy, whom are both terrible (one was DFA'ed almost immediately) was a huge fuck up. There is absolutely no one in this bullpen I trust. It is awful. Who is there most reliable reliever? Tim Hill? lol

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Jazz was a great acquisition, but the fact that wound up with only Leiter and that Los Santos guy, whom are both terrible (one was DFA'ed almost immediately) was a huge fuck up. There is absolutely no one in this bullpen I trust. It is awful. Who is there most reliable reliever? Tim Hill? lol

I like Cousins too.  Clay Holmes is a fucking disaster right now.  He's lost that sinker and his other pitches are batting practice quality.

Last night's 9th inning actually made me vomit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 8:40 AM, Ozzy said:

I like Cousins too.  Clay Holmes is a fucking disaster right now.  He's lost that sinker and his other pitches are batting practice quality.

Last night's 9th inning actually made me vomit.

Since they took the 9th from him, he's been good.  Maybe this team is peaking at the right time.

• Believe 1

19 hours ago, Bieser said:

Since they took the 9th from him, he's been good.  Maybe this team is peaking at the right time.

I'm getting that feeling, too. I hate to say it, but the DJ injury happened at the best possible time. lol He is toast and an automatic out, and not good anymore in the field. Keep Jasson in the lineup to get the at-bats at this level he needs. Jazz has been a great addition, Judge and Soto are out of their funks and if Rizzo and, finally, Verdugo can be productive again, you're cooking. Nestor is another guy who has really turned his season around. He's been pretty much lights out in the second half. The bullpen still kind of worries me, but getting a healthy and reliable Hamilton back is big.

Nice to see them clinch last night, just the first step for sure.  Holmes is still garbage and Dominguez is dreadful borderline clueless in the field. Can't see him playing too much especially in key situations in the playoffs. Gleyber and Rizzo have been better lately hopefully they can keep it up. Long long way to go hopefully things work out. I do think there's some glaring gaps to overcome.  

It took Gleyber almost the entire season to realize this was a contract year. He has been very good in the leadoff spot. It's highly doubtful he comes back if they intend to bring back Soto. You can probably say goodbye to him, Verdugo, Holmes and Rizzo at the very least. Dominguez has been awful, but he's been hurt a lot and just needs to play at this level to improve. Look at what happened to Wells this year when they gave him the bulk of the catching duties. He's a contender for ROTY.

• Like 1

Dominquez should hit better over time although hitting below .200 so far is brutal to go along with the already handful that don't hit much. Between he and Verdugo it's somewhat of a black hole out there. Not sure about tracking fly balls in the outfield, he misplayed the one in CF so badly he over ran the ball by 10-15 ft, the very next day he drops a routine fly ball he's gotta catch.  Just looked like a beer leaguer out there. 

I think they only go as far a Judge and Soto carry them.  Smells a little familiar with potentially  struggling to score runs in the playoffs when the pitching gets tougher.  It would take a lot of the streaky guys to come through a whole lot more often, because Soto and Judge will be pitched around every chance the opposing team gets.  Stanton maybe a wildcard but betting on his is a tough one.