• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Daddy Come Home

Phil

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over his shoulder at what? A 39 year old recovering from heart surgery on a 1 year deal... Right after the Rangers paid him the most money ever for a goalie in their 2nd contract or something like that?

Highly unlikely. If that bothers him, I would question his mental toughness more than I already do.

My thoughts exactly if this shakes him I can only image the bronx cheers on nights he gets shelled and or pulled. If he's so fragile they made a bad decision. I actually think in spite of his contract he still has a lot to learn about playing in the NHL and I'm not sure they would find a better mentor especially now that his mindset is he's no longer s starting goalie in this league.

Actually don't want him back as much as I love him

Think it will be a distraction for Igor and his psyche especially if he struggles

Be looking over his shoulder the entire season.

I would agree with you if he hadn’t taken a year off. He’s not at a point where he demands a starting role. He’s at the end of the end and lucky to even be in a position where medically he’s allowed to dress. I don’t think he would be a distraction anymore. He’s not king Henrik right now and we also are in a time of the league where many coaches don’t want their goalies playing 70+ games anymore

You word it like it's an older Keith Kinkaid they would be bringing in.That 39 year old is a HOF Rangers icon. The media and fans would be chomping at the bit to get Hank more starts any time Igor has a bad game or lets in a bad goal. I'm not too worried about Igor's psyche per se, but it probably is an unnecessary distraction.

I don't agree at all. Hank was king of bad goals at bad times. Doesn't change a stellar career.

I don't agree at all. Hank was king of bad goals at bad times. Doesn't change a stellar career.

Don't really see the connection you are making.

All I'm saying is Hank commands that kind of attention and media attraction. The media and fans will want to see him in net, and it would be more pronounced when Igor has a bad goal/game/stretch. Hank never really had a backup worthy of legitimately clamoring for during his entire career until Igor arrived.

All I'm saying is Hank commands that kind of attention and media attraction. The media and fans will want to see him in net, and it would be more pronounced when Igor has a bad goal/game/stretch. Hank never really had a backup worthy of legitimately clamoring for during his entire career until Igor arrived.

You must’ve not been a board member here while Talbot and Raanta were on the team

No fan or media is going to say "Igor let in a softie, with they'd play our 39 year old heart condition backup more." Thats highly unlikely.

Fans couldn't get rid of Hank fast enough. A majority are more likely to complain about his spot starts than Igor's bad goals.

I don’t think they wanted him around. Nothing really makes sense except ‘they’ didn’t want him here, anymore.

Maybe. They didn't seem to like players who would take teammates to task. Lundqvists death stares at his defensemen may have worn out his welcome. Probably very vocal with the front office too. Add in the changing of the guard/rebuild that management was trying to force, and I guess you're right.

You word it like it's an older Keith Kinkaid they would be bringing in.That 39 year old is a HOF Rangers icon. The media and fans would be chomping at the bit to get Hank more starts any time Igor has a bad game or lets in a bad goal. I'm not too worried about Igor's psyche per se, but it probably is an unnecessary distraction.

I don't think that would be in Lundqvists job description anymore. He's not going to split games with anyone. He's strictly back up material. That's what he signed for with Washington BEFORE he had the issue with the heart... that apparently everyone knew about for years.....

It would be a proper send off. 1 year, play some games, come in for mop up duty and that's it. Heck if /when Shestyorkin gets hurt again, I think they make a trade and keep Lundqvists duties light.

There's no competition. There's no chance of usurping his former roll. In fact bringing in such a player is probably BETTER for Shestyorkin, who needs to play more. Georgiev is going to want more starts than Lundqvist should be expecting to get.

Meh, I was wanting Raanta to split games with him. Dude was solid for us.

Well, this thread is proof it's August. Even with my feeble mind, I know Hank will never play for the Rangers again. This is bat-shit crazy.

Yeah totally bat shit crazy to think the guy who is 6th in the history of the NHL in wins with every single one of them coming in a Rangers sweater would be welcomed back for a swan song. We would be so much better with Georgiev who can’t play more than once every 10 days or so or he turns into a sieve or a guy like Kinkaid that is lucky to even still have a sniff at the NHL these days. Just crazy talk.

You must’ve not been a board member here while Talbot and Raanta were on the team

Maybe not, but I was posting and reading around at other places. There was never legitimate talk of Hank losing his job after a bad stretch. There was never anyone who the fans loved so much they would consider bringing him back at 39 with a reconstructed heart, just so they could see him play again

Yeah totally bat shit crazy to think the guy who is 6th in the history of the NHL in wins with every single one of them coming in a Rangers sweater would be welcomed back for a swan song. We would be so much better with Georgiev who can’t play more than once every 10 days or so or he turns into a sieve or a guy like Kinkaid that is lucky to even still have a sniff at the NHL these days. Just crazy talk.

What happens if Shesty gets injured? Would anyone be comfortable with Lundqvist in net for a month or two?

Maybe not, but I was posting and reading around at other places. There was never legitimate talk of Hank losing his job after a bad stretch. There was never anyone who the fans loved so much they would consider bringing him back at 39 with a reconstructed heart, just so they could see him play again

What is "legitimate talk?" When Talbot came in during Lundqvist's injury, there were absolutley people seriously saying that we should move Lundqvist and keep Talbot...because of 25 games.

Bottom line is that Lundqvist ending his career as a Ranger is a great story for him, the franchise, and PR narrative after the joke of last year between ADA, Miller/Puck, Wilson, fire everyone shit show.

What happens if Shesty gets injured? Would anyone be comfortable with Lundqvist in net for a month or two?

Absolutely. Over Georgiev? Kinkaid? Yes. Without a doubt. I proudly admit I was wrong about Henrik. While his best days are behind him, Georgiev turned out to be what some others saw a lot earlier than me; a goalie that could never carry a load where inconsistently is his only consistent attribute. If I had to win a tough stretch of games, even at a diminished level I’d still take Henrik over what we already have.

What is "legitimate talk?" When Talbot came in during Lundqvist's injury, there were absolutley people seriously saying that we should move Lundqvist and keep Talbot...because of 25 games.

Bottom line is that Lundqvist ending his career as a Ranger is a great story for him, the franchise, and PR narrative after the joke of last year between ADA, Miller/Puck, Wilson, fire everyone shit show.

From who? A few guys here in this bubble? Was it Vodka? Do we get to say Rangers fans wanted to trade Panarin last year too now? Lol

I dunno though, Drury wasn't the one who misplayed the DeAngelo hand, bought out Lundqvist, then did squat last offseason to address team toughness which led to the rape and pillage by the Islanders, Wilson, and co., so I think carrying over some PR narrative because of the previous regime's choices is lame.

From who? A few guys here in this bubble? Was it Vodka? Do we get to say Rangers fans wanted to trade Panarin last year too now? Lol

I dunno though, Drury wasn't the one who misplayed the DeAngelo hand, bought out Lundqvist, then did squat last offseason to address team toughness which led to the rape and pillage by the Islanders, Wilson, and co., so I think carrying over some PR narrative because of the previous regime's choices is lame.

You don't think people in "this bubble" get ideas from Rangers Twitter?

Doesn't matter what we think is lame, people around the league talk and the drama of last season was even touched on 31 Thoughts recently. Drury already getting dragged by his own fan base for some moves this summer.

It is what it is.

Absolutely. Over Georgiev? Kinkaid? Yes. Without a doubt. I proudly admit I was wrong about Henrik. While his best days are behind him, Georgiev turned out to be what some others saw a lot earlier than me; a goalie that could never carry a load where inconsistently is his only consistent attribute. If I had to win a tough stretch of games, even at a diminished level I’d still take Henrik over what we already have.

I disagree. A hasbeen, after a heart procedure, who hasnt seen any play in over a year? I will not be comfortable with him in net if Shesty goes down with an injury. You want to feel good about something? Buy your wife a pair of earrings