• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

EA Teasing Rangers' Player for NHL22 Cover? SIKE — It's AM34 Again!

Phil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao Matthews back to back years? Tell me you’re a Leafs fan without telling me you’re a Leafs fan, pathetic!

Another game I will probably not buy. Absolutely terrible yet again.

The clunky and awkward gameplay is still stuck in the previous decade. It's just an annual re-skin that they expect people to blindly shell out money for. Hard pass on this one.

Everything EA does seems to be lazy. I still play NHL 14 at my parents from time to time and I swear it's the exact same game.

Probably. I've got two kids. Video games are a rarity late at night. Every now and then I'll still fire up NHL15, which was the last one I had gotten. Looks fine to me. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The last one I played was NHL 2005. LOL I used to play hockey and sports games all the time, but then it went to not playing them at all. Sometimes I do miss playing a good hockey video game. I thought about getting back into it these last few years, but the games themselves didn't seem that great and there weren't that many overall improvements. Some of that is par for the course for sports games, where most of the time it's basically just roster updates and a fresher coat of paint. But, now that 'next gen' has arrived, I'm hoping this could be the right time to dive back in.

The last one I played was NHL 2005. LOL I used to play hockey and sports games all the time, but then it went to not playing them at all. Sometimes I do miss playing a good hockey video game. I thought about getting back into it these last few years, but the games themselves didn't seem that great and there weren't that many overall improvements. Some of that is par for the course for sports games, where most of the time it's basically just roster updates and a fresher coat of paint. But, now that 'next gen' has arrived, I'm hoping this could be the right time to dive back in.

Cant remember what year they introduced the joy stick control but I believe it was around then so it may be a very different game for you in that regard (you can always use classic controls).

They have evolved the game modes in many ways. 3's, tournaments, franchise mode, be a pro, etc...

But the game lacks in game-play. Its just hasnt taken any steps forward in years. Its just.. broken. So many little things that need adjustments that year after year they dont even acknowledge. I really wish another company would take a stab at making a hockey game even if its a "team red vs team blue" type of thing.

Everything EA does seems to be lazy. I still play NHL 14 at my parents from time to time and I swear it's the exact same game.

Did they ever fix the Bug, that the game would start the Backup Goalie in the Playoffs, if you did a player career and didn't have lineup control?

Or was that another version? Just remember Gaborik was still on the Rangers and Nash wasn't I think?

Cant remember what year they introduced the joy stick control but I believe it was around then so it may be a very different game for you in that regard (you can always use classic controls).

They have evolved the game modes in many ways. 3's, tournaments, franchise mode, be a pro, etc...

But the game lacks in game-play. Its just hasnt taken any steps forward in years. Its just.. broken. So many little things that need adjustments that year after year they dont even acknowledge. I really wish another company would take a stab at making a hockey game even if its a "team red vs team blue" type of thing.

That's disappointing. My main thing with hockey games would be the gameplay. If that's still severely lacking, that's a huge bummer.

I really took to online this year in a way I hadn't in a long time. The gameplay is actually great if you're playing a game of 6s and all of the players are controlled by at least semi-competent users. In the right circumstances, it can play very realistically.

The issue is when you try to play anything that isn't offline. The AI is just brutally inconsistent and doesn't feel at all varied. All of the offline modes are stale.

I really took to online this year in a way I hadn't in a long time. The gameplay is actually great if you're playing a game of 6s and all of the players are controlled by at least semi-competent users. In the right circumstances, it can play very realistically.

The issue is when you try to play anything that isn't offline. The AI is just brutally inconsistent and doesn't feel at all varied. All of the offline modes are stale.

Yea 95% of my playing is 6v6 clubs mode in EASHL with friends and the computer can be mind numbingly annoying in that mode as well if you have one or two. I hate 3's in that mode, its the same glitcher kids doing their stupid keep the puck away from the body move (which for some reason you cant hit a guy when hes doing that wtf) and then pass across for a one timer which your goalie is apparently never good enough to stop. The game allows you to learn these little tricks and not play hockey at all and it takes all the fun out of it IMO.

I did a franchise mode for a bit and played on the highest setting.. you cant get the puck off hte computer. You poke it away from them and they just reach back and grab the puck its such a joke.

Do I fall into that group of semi-competent users when I go red? Discuss with Falco

Yea 95% of my playing is 6v6 clubs mode in EASHL with friends and the computer can be mind numbingly annoying in that mode as well if you have one or two. I hate 3's in that mode, its the same glitcher kids doing their stupid keep the puck away from the body move (which for some reason you cant hit a guy when hes doing that wtf) and then pass across for a one timer which your goalie is apparently never good enough to stop. The game allows you to learn these little tricks and not play hockey at all and it takes all the fun out of it IMO.

I did a franchise mode for a bit and played on the highest setting.. you cant get the puck off hte computer. You poke it away from them and they just reach back and grab the puck its such a joke.

Completely agreed. 3s would be better if you couldn't force the same goals over and over again. 6s is more clutch and grab. Goals actually feel earned if the competition is good.