• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gallant, Drury Expected To Name Captain This Season

Phil

My first guess is Trouba. My second is Kreider. I think it's clear those two guys are rally 'round the flag-types. As far as my eye can see, the team appears to get behind them, and shrink when they're not in the lineup (Trouba, especially).

The wild card here is Fox, IMO, who has no long-term question about his future.

20 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I could definitely see Lindgren. At the very least I think he gets one of the As replacing whoever moves up to the captaincy. My money is on Trouba.

Drew, don't you think they'll look to move Trouba after his NMC becomes a Modified NMC?  We're most likely going to have to make room for Robertson, and Schneider, and besides that extra $8 million may come in hand around that time as well.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Drew, don't you think they'll look to move Trouba after his NMC becomes a Modified NMC?  We're most likely going to have to make room for Robertson, and Schneider, and besides that extra $8 million may come in hand around that time as well.

Possibly. He certainly seems like he could be the odd man out to make room for the young studs. At this time, though, Trouba feels like the best fit for captain amongst the veteran options. It'd be awesome if Fox or Lindgren could step up now.

15 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Possibly. He certainly seems like he could be the odd man out to make room for the young studs. At this time, though, Trouba feels like the best fit for captain amongst the veteran options. It'd be awesome if Fox or Lindgren could step up now.

Leave Fox alone. This team has a tendency to trade captains lol

I'm fine with trouba as captain for a few seasons. I really can't see him finishing that contract here. Lindgren is an interesting pick too. Dude's a soldier on the ice. No idea how he is in the lockeroom though.

13 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

Leave Fox alone. This team has a tendency to trade captains lol

I'm fine with trouba as captain for a few seasons. I really can't see him finishing that contract here. Lindgren is an interesting pick too. Dude's a soldier on the ice. No idea how he is in the lockeroom though.

True. All the more reason to name Lindgren or Trouba or Kreider. LOL.

If the captaincy doesn't mean anything, then in all honesty it should be Z.

There's no other player on the roster where you can say as he goes, the team goes. Not even Bread, because he keeps going regardless of if the team is going.

This team just feeds off of Z's energy.

I love Zib, but he doesnt strike me as a typical Captain type. Liked by everyone and hella skilled, but I just feel like he's the person to not always say whats needed to be said in danger of "hurting" anyone. He's too kind I think.

I've talked up Laf as Captain since we won the lottery basically, so I'll stick with that.

C - Laf

A - Trouba, Kreider

Fox, Panarin and Zib are the stars, no need for them to "worry" about being C/A's, just play their game and do the talking on the ice.