• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gallant, Drury Expected To Name Captain This Season

Phil

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

With Ziby extended officially, I can’t imagine it not being him. Buddy of mine said he heard Trouba but who the hell knows where he gets his info from lol. 

For some reason, I feel this is the safest selection.  The choice that offends the other leaders the least kinda thing.

10 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Straight up no captain. L O L.

Kind of sad they still couldn't get anyone to step up.

Not really disappointing...Goes back to what I said...He doesn't know enough after 2 weeks. Glad to see Strome recognized for the leader he's become. ?

sorry but this is actually baffling. Drury made it an open priority. Gallant said just last week that we’d have a name “in the next week” and multiple times that it would be before the season started. 

best guess at this point is that it wasn’t conclusive with the players. 

24 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Only three players are allowed to wear letters per game. It wouldn't make sense to have three and three then a captain unless they're divvying some other way.

Correct. One of these guys will be captain, if any will be named, and the odd man out will wear a letter on nights one of the others isn't.