• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coyotes Bring Back Kachina As Primary Logo

Phil

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't understand this one bit. 

Me either, but we're not the target audience, I don't think. Those Kachina jerseys and logo are apparently way more popular than the howling head, and frankly, they need all the branding wins they can get right now.

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

What's a traditional hockey look? 

Probably something without ridiculous piping/necklines or a logo that looks like it was hacked together a serial killers ransom note.

Frankly I don't even think anyone likes these jerseys because they're good... People just like them because they're different and I guess it's cool to be different for the sake of it. 

The red ones are fairly traditional.  A cartoon of a coyote head that is not hard to decipher and straightforward striping typical of hockey uniforms going back to the 50s and 60s.  The original Coyotes outfits that they apparently going to use again were not bad for a late 90s look, at least a lot better than the God awful Minnesota Wild unis from that period.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Probably something without ridiculous piping/necklines or a logo that looks like it was hacked together a serial killers ransom note.

Frankly I don't even think anyone likes these jerseys because they're good... People just like them because they're different and I guess it's cool to be different for the sake of it. 

They're nostalgic. That's about it. 

Cannot wait for this team to rebrand when they leave Arizona.

21 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Love it. Have always loved those unis. The red rebrand was always so bland and basic. 

this

red brand looked like a generic jersey I can build in a generator and just swap the logo with another team and its the same

the Kachina Is unique jersey and logo imo